2006 Nhl Entry Pre-draft Thread

ch_nl

Aebischer's trade value is extremely low, we're better off keeping him.

ANYWAYS, we need him to be there WHEN Huet will choke :)

Comeon! Denis and Danis on the same team! Think of all the possibilities! They could pull the old Killer Bees switcharoo behind the refs' back!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aebischer's trade value is extremely low, we're better off keeping him.

ANYWAYS, we need him to be there WHEN Huet will choke :)

Don't you just love gloom & doom? Kind of brightens you day, n'est-ce pas? :wacko::wacko:

:king: :hlogo: :king:

I'd love to see Gainey trade up for Brassard, and I think he'll try, if it doesn't cost too much in the way of young players/prospects. I'm also convinced that Arnott is on the way, taking care of the center ice problem. We probably need some young defensive prospects the most, so I predict Gainey will load up on d-men in the later rounds, hoping one or 2 of them work out. I predict no goaltenders taken by habs this year.

I was just over at the Canadiens website reading the "Blood Ties" article. I wonder if we'll trade up in the second round again, this time to pluck Geoffrion? How does everyone feel about him, is he worth trading for?

I was just over at the Canadiens website reading the "Blood Ties" article. I wonder if we'll trade up in the second round again, this time to pluck Geoffrion? How does everyone feel about him, is he worth trading for?

I'd love that, he might be slow to develop, might never make the NHL... but if he does, watchout, this is a true hardnosed PF. A bluecollar player. Bobby Smith-ish.

Is the draft gonna snake again or was that 2005 only?

No, back to normal

A bluecollar player. Bobby Smith-ish.

???

You sure you meant Bobby Smith? Because he wasnt a bluecollar hard-nosed player. He was a like, a big finesse playmaker that could sometimes be infuriating to watch because he was hogging the puck so much.

You meant Billy Smith-ish? Man, I'd love a forward with Billy Smith's temper!!! :P

???

You sure you meant Bobby Smith? Because he wasnt a bluecollar hard-nosed player. He was a like, a big finesse playmaker that could sometimes be infuriating to watch because he was hogging the puck so much.

You meant Billy Smith-ish? Man, I'd love a forward with Billy Smith's temper!!! :P

Hmmm, last I heard, the last PF to lace them up for the habs was Bobby Smith? The only thing I remember about him is his whole face being a bruise and his broken nose. Maybe I'm thinking about someone else.

In the silly proposals category, I'd like to propose mine:

-Ribeiro (only to get rid of him, even if we have to pay to give him! :P)

-Zednik

-Perezhoghin (it has to hurt a bit, no?)

-1st rounder

-one of these two many goalie prospect (michaud, heino-lindberg, etc)

but actually, if a team has a hard on Perez, I think 1st + Perez would be enough to get that pick.

I hope you mean silly proposals as in stupid proposals. The Habs would get ripped off with such a trade. Any Perezhogin + 1st pick to get a pick high enough to get Brassard would end up in us being ripped off, it's even worse when you add Ribeiro and Zednik.

Edited by nihilist

So I'm stupid?

WOW, thanks a lot, what a warm welcome mr. "I'm 4 posts old and I already insult the members".

BTW.

Ribs IMO is totally useless and might not even be re-signed.

Zed is selling is house and explicitly wants to leave MTL. His value is at an all time low.

so these two, add them or remove them, it doesn't hurt. yes, it might be silly to add them since they wouldn't factor in, let's just trade them for 4th rounders.

So, the core of the package:

1st + Perez

well... to trade up you gotta pay, it gotta hurt. And at 16, we can just pick yet another Perez... but there is a limit to the number of Perez we can pile up... So I prefer to trade Perez along with the 1st to get a REAL STAR. not some whimpy yet skilled russian skater.

While I would love to trade up for Brassard, I would only do so providing that the deal is right. If we stand pat at 16th and Berglund is still available, I think we most definitely have to pick him. Otherwise, I'd like to see us draft Williams, Summers, or preferably Sanguinetti if he's still on the board.

I hope you mean silly proposals as in stupid proposals. The Habs would get ripped off with such a trade. Any Perezhogin + 1st pick to get a pick high enough to get Brassard would end up in us being ripped off, it's even worse when you add Ribeiro and Zednik.

Easy there.

Dont go around saying people make stupid proposals and dimiss them without any arguements. "Your proposal is stupid, we'd get ripped off" is not an arguement, its an insult followed by an opinion.

Saying "Perezhogin and 1st pick are worth more than Brassard because _______________" or "Ribeiro and Zednik could get us more than that because _____________", that'd be arguements.

If 1st and Perezhogin can land us a Brassard, we might as well do it. We've piled up enough quantity of prospects in recent drafts to package a 16th overall this year (which isnt a good draft year for depth) along with a redundant Perezhogin for a better prospect who also happens to fill a positionnal need.

On the other hand, unlike most people on the boards who seem to have made Ribeiro their new favorite scapegoat, I dont agree with the notion that he is useless. Ditto with Zednik. I wouldnt add them to this deal, but I'd gladly include them in place of the 16th OA or of Perezoghin. Brassard is good, but he's no Crosby and he's not worth more than that right now.

Here's more wood for the fire:

http://hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=8...hreaded&order=0

It's hockeysfuture.com's 2006 mock draft.

We're picking Ty Wishart.

Hey! this post has one of those same backwards/frontwards numbers.... :)

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Edited by shortcat1

So I prefer to trade Perez along with the 1st to get a REAL STAR. not some whimpy yet skilled russian skater.

While I am no Zhog fan, he's not the typical skilled Russian skater. From what I saw in the playoffs, he's a pretty good hitter and aggressive on his own end. The guy potentially ended Keith Primeau's career. If he stays in the organization, I'd like to see what he could do on the 3rd line with Bonk and Plekanec. I want to see the more offensively gifted Kostitsyn get 2nd line duty.

With that said, I'd be fine with trading 16 OA and Zhog for one of the top picks.

Trevor Timmins mentions on a RDS article that the Habs will be looking to move up in the draft. He also mentions that it will only be worth it if they can get a top 8 pick because he says there are 8 super stars available this year per his evaluation. Anything after top 8 is not worth moving up according to him, the rest is all the same.

Would be nice to see the Habs get a guy like Brassard or Backstrom.

A line of Brassard with Latendresse would be nice in a few years.