vinny in doghouse

habfan67

Reported on the nhl network tonite that vinny lecavalier is in the doghouse again in tb they are dissapointed in his lackluster play and not driving to the net,maybe he wants out,hope that means he wants to come home and play for us wouldnt you like to see him in a habs uniform the star c we have been dreaming of age 23 ht 6ft4in wt 205,hope bob can befuddle duddly bit im sure the asking would be high but id love to build around him,do you think he could handle the pressure here?

I think he'd thrive in the pressure. Mind you, Ribeiro's minutes would take a hit :lol:.

That's now six games without a win I guess, but I really don't see Tampa gutting their franchise like that. They have a great thing going there, and they are one of the top teams in the East, even if there is a bit of struggling along the way. In order to win, you have to lose first.

Say he does become available, and while I doubt it, the asking price would be astronomical. Think Komisarek, Zednik, Markov, etc. I can't see TB wanting any prospects for anyone one their roster really, they should be in a win now mode.

Unfortunately, Lecavalier is a probably a bolt until we snatch him away from them in free agency . :/)

[Edited on 2003/12/5 by jl.roberts]

I just cant see Lecavalier being traded out of Tampa unless he causes a big controvesy , (example : speaks out against fans , or coach or management)

They'll fire coach and coach before they trade Vincent...

We'll just have to wait till he's a UFA , then sign him... Just like the leafs are waiting for Lindros , ... 2 sure things , Habs will sign Lecavalier one day and the leafs will sign Lindros... at least they seem like sure things.

If Lecavalier ends up signing with Colorado or someone , man I'd be pissed off . hehehe

Our best shot is the new CBA lowering the UFA age to 26 or something... that would mean we'd have to wait 4 years.

If it stays as it is, 31, that'll mean 9 years from now... man this kid is young. And man do we need help long before that... hehe

Originally posted by ch_nl

Just tell me what to do to bring Lecavalier to Montreal!

1.) Buy a sniper rifle, an M-16 assault rifle, a Colt Magnum, and a butcher knife (you never know...)

2.) Hold Jay Feaster (TB's GM) ransom for Lecavalier

3.) Lecavalier and Kubina (why not?) get traded to Montreal for Joe Juneau, Nicklas Sundstrom and Stephane Quintal. And Rick Green. Because I don't like him.

4.) Disappear from the face of the earth for the next 5 years, as Lightning fans will shoot on sight. The 2nd most lopsided trade in history (to the Lindros one), and the 2nd most famous trade in history (to Gretzky's one).

If you can pull that off, I'll personally buy you a beer, and you can come stay in Australia with the Witness Protection Program

I'd probably trade Koivu , a top prospect and a pick to get Lecavalier. He's just that good. If you talk about a franchise player, he's the man.

Thats the kind of player I would trade Koivu for.

Lecavalier is big, strong, fast, with sweet passes and a great shot. Exactly the type of player we need.

It would also be great for the marketing department and It would give the Habs two centers the media will praise no matter what :lol:.