Nhl 07 Videos

TheAussiePosse

First of all, I'll admit it - I'm biased.

I have every single EA Sports "NHL ..." game since they started calling it (bar NHL 95 or something, stupid eBay not having insurance, but whatever).

And while they've been slacking off lately (2 years ago - no create-a-player. what a joke), I think this year's is going to be huge.

I loved last year's one. The game engine was great, graphics spectacular, moves realistic (not everyone could pull off a super deke). But no salary cap and a few other problems made it less-than-perfect.

I have big hopes for this year's version, so check out the videos:

2 XBox 360 Videos

- Has an Ovechkin video, where he does lots of neat tricks. But my favourite is the Luongo video - how much more real can they get? Whoaaargh!

4 Videos

- More team-specific videos, including the Leafs schooling some team, and Ottawa schooling us. Which is cool, let them think that.

Enjoy!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EA hasn't managed to get it right in a while. Last EA game I thorougly enjoyed was '99. Anything since then has been complete crap. And I'll never understand why graphics can make or break a game. I guess it's just planted in the mindset of a casual gamer.

I'll stick to the 2k series thank you very much.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, this game is going under the biggest overhaul ever!

http://ps2.gamespy.com/playstation-2/nhl-07/

"The golden age of console hockey returns when NHL 07 debuts with gameplay innovations that will allow players to feel like they are actually on the ice. Players take complete command over every movement on the ice without ever taking their hands off the analog sticks. A revolutionary new Skill Stick system is an intuitive gameplay scheme that delivers an unparalleled sense of on-ice speed and control. Using the left stick to direct the lower body, and the right to control the upper, gamers will reach a level of fluidity only experienced on the ice. Skate into the zone and glide around your defenders while bringing your stick across your body and drawing it back to fire a slapshot – all without touching a button. "

Yeah but I hate that using the joystick for power in sports games. It's MLB 2K6 and it's bloody stupid. It's still too early to tell what either game will be like, they never reveal anything at E3. Most of the details start to come out around August. NHL 07 WILL have a salary cap though so thats good, I haven't read any details about 2k7 yet.

To be quite honest, I could end up not buying either and plugging along with 2K5. God, I love that game. UNLESS EA prepares an NHL 07 for the Wii. A hockey game with that controller would be absolutely INSANE.

So basically you want Madden's franchise mode?

Don't we all. They could atleast add classic teams like the 2k series has. The 01 Avs, 93 Habs, 89 Flames. Theres too many flaws with EA's series for me to focus on the tiny little good things that they manage to get right. Apparently they've cut down on the crushing body checks every 5 seconds though. IGN gave a decent overview to the game.

Of course I'd like Madden Franchise mode. There are things I just don't understand EA doesn't do with there games.

For instance:

Have just a shootout mode in hockey.

Apply the madden franchise mode to every sports game.

Be able to play the minor league hockey teams like in MLB.

Have just a penalty kick mode in FIFA.

Be able to design your own tracks in F1 and Nascar.

Add Classic teams (that no longer are in existance Quebec, Winnipeg, Hartford) on to the franchise mode.

In football be able to lopsided formations instead of the normal 5 down linemen.

Of course I'd like Madden Franchise mode. There are things I just don't understand EA doesn't do with there games.

For instance:

Add Classic teams (that no longer are in existance Quebec, Winnipeg, Hartford) on to the franchise mode.

In football be able to lopsided formations instead of the normal 5 down linemen.

The shootout mode in EA's NHL games comes and goes. It's usually taken out for newer featues as it's pretty much pointless. Applying Madden franchise mode to every game isn't up to EA. That comes down to the developer and as of now Tiburon Studios only works on the Madden games. The minor league teams feature would be cool but it would also be impossible to try and get everyone in there. There is only so much space to add different features. Maybe with the blu-ray discs but that will jack the prices up a good 20 bucks, stupid move on Sony's part since thats all the PS3 will eventually use.

Some of the ideas there just aren't feasible.

For instance:

-Why? Shootouts are lame and it's not like there aren't enough breakaways during regular gameplay. I'll take the Free4All over a shootout mode any day.

-Who doesn't?

-EA would have to buy the rights to use AHL players, and they aren't making enough money on the game to make buying those rights worth their money. They've already had to lower the price of their hockey titles trying to encourage more sales.

-Again, why? If you want to practice PK, use practice mode.

-Yuck, going around in circles for hours on end.

-They already include classic jersies. The only one they don't have is the Whalers jersey, and that's because the team name and logo are owned by the city of Hartford, not the NHL. It would require extra money to be able to use the Whalers logo.

-Because there are rules about how many men can be on the line of scrimmage. The only time teams ever use more than 5 down linemen is in goaline situations. If you want more offensive linemen, sub them in as TEs.

Actually the main reason that the price was lowered was to remain competetive alongside the 2k series. When 2k first implemented the 19.99 new release price, EA thought they could just buy everyone out. They've gotten Madden and bought out the ESPN license but it still hasn't helped sales for the hockey titles. 2k has been gaining ground ever since 2k4

Man, I'm starting to sound like a 2k fanboy. *shudders*

I just hope they make it fun to play and as real as they can get it .... I liked 06's gameplay although the defense and goalies sucked. 05 was solid but there was way to much hitting ... hopefully they can find a happy medium

as for the dynasty mode that's the worst part ... It needs to be more detailed ... have a minor league .. doesn't have to be the AHL .. just make one up and make reports on how the team and players are doing so they can be called up. make trades more realistic and make so big name players don't move as much but with the cap now it will be harder to do that.

hopefully 07 will be better :)

Yeah but I hate that using the joystick for power in sports games. It's MLB 2K6 and it's bloody stupid. It's still too early to tell what either game will be like, they never reveal anything at E3. Most of the details start to come out around August. NHL 07 WILL have a salary cap though so thats good, I haven't read any details about 2k7 yet.

To be quite honest, I could end up not buying either and plugging along with 2K5. God, I love that game. UNLESS EA prepares an NHL 07 for the Wii. A hockey game with that controller would be absolutely INSANE.

I read somewhere that they will also have classic controls. I too am excited, Although I own every hockey game since 2000, I still enjoy the EA series better. Feels more realistic on the ice. 2K is fun, but it's very unnatural. If EA can get this joystick system right, it could be huge. But it's nice knowing there should be a classic system in case it sucks. Also, at all you PS3 and Wii people (jets), enjoy waiting while it comes out for 360 right away :P

It comes out for the 360 in September while PS3 and Wii get it November.

How is that waiting? Besides, if EA takes the time to adapt to the innovation of the Wii then it should 10x better then what 360 or PS3 will have. I actually hope people here are smart enough to wait on the PS3.

Oh yeah, TBRC, don't classify me under one company. I like them all.

Although I'll admit, the Wii has me excited the most. But I should be getting a 360 in a couple weeks (hopefully).

There are a few critics of the 360, but I really like mine. It runs well, good games, the USB ports (you can put music on) and the wireless controllers. There are many great features, and mine hasen't caught fire :P. Of course, the best games (cough Halo, cought GTA 4) are yet to come.

And for the record, I have a PS2 also, so I am not just one company...

Did you get yours at launch?

I'm still a little worried about the overheating but my cousin got one in December and he hasn't had any problems. I'm thinking Microsoft has fixed the problem by now but I remember the outrage when it was launched and then I didn't feel so bad about not getting it. Really looking forward to Gears Of War, supposed to be out sometime in October. And of course Quake 4, Oblivion, Prey, the list goes on. And like you said, looking forward to getting my iPod hooked up. My Xbox right now picks and chooses what CDs it will rip so it's a little frustrating. It has no problem taking a soundtrack from a 5 year old movie but god forbid I put my AFI CD in there. :P

I've got Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, PSP, DS and 64 so by no means am I a one company person. I follow the gaming community heavily.

I'm such a tech geek. :lol:

I used to be a Nintendo fanboy when I was younger and I would probably still be if it wasnt for Final Fantasy going to the PlayStation 1 instead of the N64. Stupid Nintendo, going with cartbidges in the 64 era.. tsk tsk. All my friends and I grewth up with Nintendo but now I'm the only one that's still intersted in their products.

Now I like my games like I like my music : I buy any genre of games or music and from any company.

I still got loads of games to play on the PS2 so I'm in no hurry to pass to the next generation. If you ask me, it's coming out too early.

I used to be a Nintendo fanboy when I was younger and I would probably still be if it wasnt for Final Fantasy going to the PlayStation 1 instead of the N64. Stupid Nintendo, going with cartbidges in the 64 era.. tsk tsk. All my friends and I grewth up with Nintendo but now I'm the only one that's still intersted in their products.

Now I like my games like I like my music : I buy any genre of games or music and from any company.

I still got loads of games to play on the PS2 so I'm in no hurry to pass to the next generation. If you ask me, it's coming out too early.

What? This generation has started right on schedule. Every 5 years, it's like clockwork.

Although Microsoft and Sony haven't done anything new, just better graphics. Well, Sony has that lame controller thing that Nintendo with the Game Boy Color 8 years ago but thats it. Theres a youtube video making fun of Sony's 2006 E3 presentation, it's hilarious.

I assume your friends think Nintendo is kiddy like everyone else?