Nhl 07 Videos

TheAussiePosse

And the analog stick is used for EVERYTHING. Not just shooting, you use it to speed burst, stickhandle, body check, wrist shot, slap shot. The only thing the face buttons do is change your strategies, sounds REALLY intriguing. And they've finally added in things like Waivers and Two Way contracts. Not sure if anyone mentioned it here either but Ovechkin is the cover guy for this years version.

yeah i'm very interested to see how that use Analog stick for everything works ... but they said in that vid that you can set back to the old style of control

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i'm very interested to see how that use Analog stick for everything works ... but they said in that vid that you can set back to the old style of control

If you've played Fight Night 3, you will know have effective this can be...

How is it the same as 2005?

Gameplay wise, they added in the vision cone (really good addition, I was waiting for something like that) and the truck stick (see the vision cone).

They also add in Superstar mode (which is still in it's infantile stages. For a first year thing, it was amazing. I look forward to see how 2007 improves, I've already read a lot about it.). Mix it in with a decent soundtrack and a much improved online service and it improved upon 2005 in many ways.

No, You've mis understood me. When I mean arcade like I mean movement like an arcade. But not goofy like blitz. I like to move my quarterback around avoiding linemen. And that option took that away. You need 4 eyes two on the recievers and two on the linemen. In other words to me it made the game harder. And the developers obviously weren't completely sold on the idea because you had the option to turn it off.

No, You've mis understood me. When I mean arcade like I mean movement like an arcade. But not goofy like blitz. I like to move my quarterback around avoiding linemen. And that option took that away. You need 4 eyes two on the recievers and two on the linemen. In other words to me it made the game harder. And the developers obviously weren't completely sold on the idea because you had the option to turn it off.

That was the point, fans were complaing that it was far too easy to throw the deep ball. They're trying to make it as realisitc as possible and the vision cone added to that. It just makes sense, you should only be able to throw where the QB can see. If's that main thing that Madden himself talks about, he'll only be associated with the game if it's as realistic as possible.

The option to turn it off has nothing to do with what the developers thought, it's just there as a safeguard in case some people (like you) find it too hard to play with. Same deal with the EA having two different options on how to play NHL 07. You can just use the new analog only way or if you hate it or something, atleast theres the option of reverting back. Force gamers to play the game only one way and it really hurts sales.

haha I'm already making my team in my head

Trade 1st draft pick to WASH for Alexander Ovenckin

Trade Ribiero+Ryder+draft pick if neccesary to COL for Joe Sakic

Higgins-Koivu-Ovenckin

Kovalev-Sakic-Samsonov

Perezhogin-Plekanec-Johnson

Bégin-Bonk-Murray

Markov-Komisarek

Souray-Rivet

Dandenault-Bouillon

Huet

Aebischer

I think this team would be barelyyyyy under the cap :) Tough if one guy get injured I'm ######ed :D But injuries has always been pretty rare in NHL video games so I can take the risk to run on a 20 men roster.

Yeah i found the latest update (i think), it's from april. Just before the playoffs. But now i gotta figure out how i get it into my game.

make sure you game is patched and then I believe you have to move the file that you download to a file in your game files ... then when you start the game go to update rosters and click on the one that has the april date .... sorry I couldn't be more specific i'm at work. but it requires the lastest patch in order to work correctly.

Yeah i found the latest update (i think), it's from april. Just before the playoffs. But now i gotta figure out how i get it into my game.

It's a real pain. If you can't get it, tell me and I can help you later tonight.

• 2 weeks later...

One day closer, yay.

Check out this article from HTR

http://www.hockeytraderumors.com/article7373.html

Nothing really revelating, except for the quote:

"EA Sports has changed their approach to gameplay this year by putting everything on the 2 analog sticks, and the face buttons have been relegated, which makes me nervous, but also excited to have to adapt, once again. Also, in Dynasty Mode, the Salary Caps will be there, so you have to be as wise and calculating as say, John Ferguson Jr, or the saviour of the West, K.Lowe."

Man oh man