New Idea: Marcus Näslund

ch_nl

Bertuzzi has left the building and I don't think that there's a secret that Marcus Näslund has played his best hockey with Bert on his side.

Still, Marcus Näslund is the player that has scored the most goals of all players in the NHL this centrury. And goals are what the Habs could have more of.

Anson Carter and the Sedin has taken more responsibillity and maybe the Nucks feels that their Captain could be expandable.

Problem is: What could the Habs offer?

Näslund would be awesome but we'd have to give up lots of youth, maybe too much. I mean the Nucks would surely ask for players ala Higgins, Kostitsyn, Plekanec, Komisarek, etc. and that would be a big step into the wrong direction.

I'd say that we continue developing our own future and maybe snap 1 or 2 solid UFA players ... if we trade our youth, then only for a star player who isn't too old (around 26 y/o) - though those trades are barely happening.

Sure he would make the team better in the short term, but the cost in the long run would not be worth it.

The price would be far to expensive. You'd atleast have to give up ONE of Higgins, Kostitsyn or Plekanec as well as Mike Komisarek.

Implausible that Vancouver would trade Naslund. Dave Nonis has his career staked on Luongo and Naslund leading them to some kind of playoff success, and considering Nonis's contract is up at the end of the year, there's no way he'll act like Boston's exGM and trade away his superstar.

Dave Nonis is a good GM who won't trade away his superstar forward. ESPECIALLY, when his team is currently looking for a 6th top 6 forward.

WAY too soft that has to run and hide behind a tough guy. Maybe if he was on the Habs Koivu would show him how to be a man and stand up for himself.

No way I would want him on the Habs, even if he is an awesome point producer.

FYI, Naslund has a no-trade clause in his contract, so he would have to approve any trade involving him. Also, he has said he wishes to retire as a Vancouver Canuck, so it is unlikely he would allow any trades to happen