Sykora And Poti Rumours Not Bs?

smon

http://www2.canoe.com/sports/nouvelles/arc...706-070102.html

Le Journal de Montreal claims that Montreal is interested in the services of ex-Rangers Petr Sykora and Tom Poti. It also suggests that the Sens are looking at Poti to shore up their blueline with the loss of Big Z...

English version (google)

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=ht...Flanguage_tools

Poti makes me sick :puke:

But I highly doubt that these signings would happen, Gainey never does anything he's rumoured to. I wouldn't mind seeing Sykora with the Habs though. He's never scored less than 19 goals in a season, and was once as highly regarded as Patrik Elias with the Devils. And I do recall all sorts of reports linking Gainey to Sykora when he was being shopped around by the Ducks last year.

I wouldn't have a problem with either one of these players landing in Montreal, as long as the price was not too steep. I think all the high priced UFA's are already gone, so hopefully these guys no that and will be shopped around cheap.

I would take either of them for under $2million a year.

I just love google translater "bleached sheets of pointing". I must remember to use this term when ever someone gets whitewashed. rotflmao. Direct translation is soooo much fun.

I just love google translater "bleached sheets of pointing". I must remember to use this term when ever someone gets whitewashed. rotflmao. Direct translation is soooo much fun.

Yeah I was laughing my butt off at that one.....

Can you imagine reading that Ribiero got 'bleached again last night' every time you flip Google on.....

According to "Code"

"Hi Code welcome back it's great to read your thoughts again.

There was a rumor that Gainey was right there with the money for Elias is that true?

I had also heard a rumor that ther Habs were taking a long look at Martin St. Louis is that true.

And one last one is Souray headed out west I had heard that he wants to go there to be with his child.

Thanks in advance

1- Yes, Gainey did make an offer for Elias. It was a 5 year offer.

2- St. Louis contract is just too long, and a lot of people believe he's on the decline.

3- Souray is saying put. The Habs aren't looking to trade away defensemen. unless they sign one (Poti and Markov are rumoured) and use another in a trade for a forward.

4 -Sykora turned down the habs contract offer today."

Take it for what it's worth guys

Edited by Habitforming

Poti hasn't done anything since he left Edmonton. Unless it's less than a million a year, he's overpaid.

I'd still love to get Danny Markov to Montreal. He'd add a little piss and vinegar to a pretty mild blueline corps.

Kevin Gibson from HockeyBuzz.com (I know...I know but it's not Eklund) says the Habs are still making a run at Sykora. You can find it if you click on the comments section of his latest post.

Remember the infamous Tom Fritsche incident? That got reported on La Presse :puke:

Reporters can be real morons sometimes...

Sorry Tony, but I disagree there. It was reported in a very classy way. And it was kinda hard not to report it since it was ALL OVER the place :P.

The guy basically wrote that, "apparently" Fritsche was posting on a hockey board, etc. etc. He didn't write anything as if it was done and confirmed.

Sorry Tony, but I disagree there. It was reported in a very classy way. And it was kinda hard not to report it since it was ALL OVER the place :P.

The guy basically wrote that, "apparently" Fritsche was posting on a hockey board, etc. etc. He didn't write anything as if it was done and confirmed.

How about my fist disagrees with YOUR FACE! ;)

Nah, I kid Stream. I hadn't read the article but I remember going to school next day and people going rampadly crazy over that article.

Habs have an offer on the table for Perrault....same site.

what is equally interesting is that Detroit felt a need to make offers to Lindros and Allison....please tell me this is because Shanny won't re-sign. :king:

what is equally interesting is that Detroit felt a need to make offers to Lindros and Allison....please tell me this is because Shanny won't re-sign. :king:

found that strange also...at this point who knows...there are so many rumors. This Shanahan thing reminds me of the whole Brett Hull signing with the Habs when Andre Savard was our GM. Don't get me wrong I would love Shanny to be a habs but I get the same feeling I got with Brett Hull. It just carries on like a bad smell. I HOPE I'm wrong. GO HABS!!!

ps- it could also mean Detroit is signing Shanahan and dumping Robert Lang to free up cap space. Therefore they made the offer to Lindros and Allison.

Edited by KidRock

Poti just signed a 1 year deal w/ the Islanders,to all you people that thought his 123 blocked shots last year would have gone well with Bouillons ancany ability to eat pucks before they get to the goaltender,

maybe next year folks!

Edited by ehjay

Poti just signed a 1 year deal w/ the Islanders,to all you people that thought his 123 blocked shots last year would have gone well with Bouillons ancany ability to eat pucks before they get to the goaltender,

maybe next year folks!

Try and look at it on a positive note.

Yes his 123 blocked shots led his team (and no doubt benefited them) will never be a part of the habs; but his 138 shots (team leading amungst D-men) with only three goals has to be encouraging when facing the Isles PP next season. :D:lol:

He is not worth $1M per goal, and yet that is the going rate ( just ask Toronto and Kubina's $5M for 5 goals deal)_

First of all, Le Journal de Montreal IS bull sh*t so it doesnt give in any way the Poti rumors more credibility :wacko:

Did I miss something here?

First of all, Le Journal de Montreal IS bull sh*t so it doesnt give in any way the Poti rumors more credibility :wacko:

I was refering to the article in La Presse

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20060708...1006/CPSPORTS01

I don't think the Journal is a good paper, it may even be at par w/ the inquirer if you were to ask me.

Sorry I don't have an english traslation.

p.s. I hope the link works I'm a little 'puter unsavy, and can someone please send me mail explaining what IMO meens???

Edited by ehjay

I was refering to the article in La Presse

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20060708...1006/CPSPORTS01

I don't think the Journal is a good paper, it may even be at par w/ the inquirer if you were to ask me.

Sorry I don't have an english traslation.

p.s. I hope the link works I'm a little 'puter unsavy, and can someone please send me mail explaining what IMO meens???

It means "in my opinion." Likewise, IMHO refers to "in my humble opinion."