Habs Resign Ribiero, Cote

smon

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No big surpirse here. Hopefully Ribeiro brings a new attitude to camp and is willing to work hard, and can develop some chemistry with whoever he is playing with. A better attitude towards team defense and backchecking would also help.

Oh well, I guess we'll be stuck with Ribs for another year.

yeah...

maybe he'll do better next season so we'll be able to trade him at the trade deadline, man the guy sucks in playoffs

How bout we can trade ribiero cuz hes signed now :D CAMMON WASHINGTON NEEDS A PLAYMAKER !

YEah but I think they want a playmaker who doesn't suck ass.

I think Ribeiro is possibly the one person in the league who would make Ovechkin look bad.

And one of the most classless punters in the game returns. Joy and bliss. The folks at RDS must be whooping it up since The Franchise is back.

Disappointing move by Gainey, though it's also an understandable hockey move. I would have hoped the GM would see not signing him as addition by subtraction, however he obviously feels that King Ribby can serve a useful purpose on the ice that cannot be otherwise filled at this point in time.

This unfortunately slows Gainey's quiet purge of all the classless elements in Montreal. A downer for fans who are sick of the three-ring circus.

There is still no guarantee he is here for the year. Perhaps teams were afraid he would hold out. Maybe (hoping) this gives him more trade value.

So Ribeiro has gone through all the offers other teams made and rejected them all.

They may have been offering more money but as he always says he really wants to play for the habs.

Oh well. I was looking forward to the 4 first round picks but ... :(

Edited by Peter Puck

So Ribeiro has gone through all the offers other teams made and rejected them all.

They may have been offering more money but as he always says he really wants to play for the habs.

Oh well. I was looking forward to the 4 first round picks but ... :(

He was a restricted free agent, there were no offers made by other teams.

He was a restricted free agent, there were no offers made by other teams.

No no. He was FREE agent. This means he could have signed with any of the many clubs seeking his special set of skills (including the Italian national soccer team). Just exactly and precisely like we've been discussing here whether Bob should try to sign Gagne. Being a restricted free agent means the Habs would have received compensation from whatever other team signed him.

I love the first 2 sentences from the TSN article:

"The Montreal Canadiens re-signed the 26-year-old centre to a one-year, $1.9 million US contract on Thursday.

Financial terms were not disclosed."

if ribs got 1.9 then he must have pictures of bob with a goat because he aint worth 1.9. Keep him yes but at 1.2 maybe 1.3 where else was he going to this kind of $?

if ribs got 1.9 then he must have pictures of bob with a goat because he aint worth 1.9. Keep him yes but at 1.2 maybe 1.3 where else was he going to this kind of $?

That is strange... The only thing i could think of is that Bob was afraid that he was going to file for arbitration?

1.9 million what a rip gimme some hockey equipment ill go play for the habs for free :) and do better then ribs. :D

You're only a midget. :P:P:P

:king: :hlogo: :king:

So Ribs are in.

Then I'll cheer for him. Go Ribs Go! I'll hope he deke Arnott out in the stands next time they face each other.

That's the spirit!

But we play Nashville about......... once a decade?

So Ribs are in.

Then I'll cheer for him. Go Ribs Go! I'll hope he deke Arnott out in the stands next time they face each other.

That's the good attitude to have. Let's support him and hopefully he'll work hard to give us one hell of a year. It can happen.... right?