New lines

sakiqc

There will be a congestion on the Habs roster with the return of Ward and Audette. If there's no other injuries or trade(s), that will be a bit complicated. Here would be my lineup if all Habs players were healthy:

Zednik Ribeiro Dagenais

Bulis Koivu Ryder

Kilger Begin Ward

Sundstrom Perreault Audette

Scratch: Dackell, Juneau, Langdon

Souray Brisebois

Markov Komisarek

Bouillon Quintal

Scratch: Rivet

Theodore

Garon

Ward with Begin.. I'm sure that would be a great duo.. intense punch, Ward with a scoring touch. Maybe Kilger could step us as well on this line. That could be an hell of a 3rd line.. a lot more intense and creating a lot more things than the Bulis - Juneau - Dackell ineffective line.

The Perreault line: you play them 8 min/game. When they are hot, you play them 15 min. As simple as that.

:ghg:

With the way Dackell's played of late, I'm surprised you scratched him. But fair enough, your decision.

IMO, the lines would look like this:

Bulis-Koivu-Ryder

Zednik-Ribeiro-Audette

Begin-Juneau-Dackell

Langdon-Kilger-Ward

Bench: Kilger (play him on the 4th line until he has a good game, then bench him for 5 games, playing Perreault until we can trade him. Continue that way, it'll make Kilger hungry, and maybe effective? :o dare I say it?); Perreault (with the play of Begin and Ribeiro, he's been voted off the island; Wait for a trade, sorry to say this, but he's gone); Dagenais (back to the minors, Ward and Audette own you, and so does Dackell)

I believe that at the end of this year, our lineup will look much better, even if they're all playing in Europe until the strike lifts. Once we start playing again next season, our lines will hopefully look something like this:

Bulis-Koivu-Ryder

Dagenais-Ribeiro-Zednik

Begin-Hossa-Ward

Langdon-Kilger(alt. w/ Gratton)-Dackell (or Plekanec, if Dackell leaves with Juneau)

It really will be a Brave New World.

But until our Great Expectations of this Good Earth come In From The Cold, we'll have to Count on Monte Cristo (BG) to be the Catcher in the Rye.

OK, library ran out of books, I'm done

Well, here's the way I see it.

Koivu is the first line centre, no doubts. Ribeiro has the second line spot until someone is ready to change that.

Julien has to decide on his sets of wingers next. Both Zednik and Bulis have shown that they can play well with both of our topsix centres, but the coaches role is to find balance on his scoring lines.

If Zednik plays with Koivu, than that line is already significantly better than Ribeiro's. Therefore, Bulis should get the call with Koivu, while Zednik skates with Ribeiro. Ryder plays too well with Koivu to leave that line, but than who fills the second line right wing hole? I guess it's Dagenais for a few weeks, but I believe I guy like Ward, after a few games, could have a huge impact with Ribeiro and Zednik.

Here's what I'd like to see in the new year.

38 Jan Bulis - 11 Saku Koivu - 73 Mike Ryder

20 Richard Zednik - 71 Mike Ribeiro - 17 Jason Ward

27 Nik Sundstrom - 22 Steve Begin - 24 Andy Dackell

15 Darren Langdon - 25 Chad Kilger - 26 Pierre Dagenais

79 Andrei Markov - 43 Pat Brisebois

44 Sheldon Souray - 08 Mike Komisarek

05 Stephane Quintal - 52 Craig Rivet

One of the problems is that Ward was less-than-impressive until he played with Kilger, and that brought a feistiness out in both players.

If you notice, there are many duos that present themselves in the habs's forwards.

Koivu-Zednik

Koivu-Ryder

Koivu-Bulis

Juneau-Dackell

Begin-Sundstrom

Kilger-Ward

Langdon-Begin

Dagenais-Ribeiro

I guess you could say Perreault-Audette, but we try not to put slow, soft, defensively inept forwards together (not that we have many others to choose from).

The challenge will be for Julien to use these duos, and try to have as many of them in the lineup as possible, to ensure chemistry in the lines. Sure, injuries will change things, and so will trades. And with this many players, we'd have to trade to ensure chemistry.

However, until then, Julien's main problem will be enforcing the chemistry, and keeping the ball rolling

I think Begin has been great on the fourth. The perfect fourth line player.

Doesn't create that much but forechecks and disturbs the other team.

Keep Begin on the fourth! Don't split Dackell and Juneau. But if we do, I hope that we trade Dackell since the only player he seems to come along with on the ice is Juneau.

I would like to see Dagenais get some more playtime before they decide what to do with him...

I haven't seen him play, just listening on CJAD, but he has been producing latelty, and is bigger than every forward on our team.

I would hate to see Audette take his place when he's back..

And about Ward.. when he's back, put him on the 4th line for some games and give him 8-10 minutes, maybe some pp/pk-time, then we'll see if he's ready to fight for the secondline job..

My new lines:

Bulis Koivu Ryder - If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Zed Ribs Dags - See above

Sunny Begin Dacks - Ditto

Kilger Perrault Ward

Perrault loves playing with lots of beef on his wings, as another poster pointed out, Ward seems to bring out the best in Kilger. With Ward and Kilger feeding Perrault, this line could have some offensive

punch.

[Edited on 2003/12/10 by FisherKing]

We can rack up as many lienups as we want, the problem is Juneau and especially Audette are no longer the best option at their position BUT they are both untradeable... and so we're screwed.

Unless Gainey buys them both out, or sends them both to Hamilton, they'll just wait for Dagenais to have a bad game then he'll be goneand Audette in... and Juneau will go back to the 3rd line and it will become totally UNphysical as it once was.

And then we'll be wondering why the Habs aren't playing as well all of a sudden.

I've been thinking about the lines and I gotta say I've got no idea what to do with them.

Koivu and Ryder are good together and Zednik puts up goals with Koivu.

Perreault isn't a fourth liner and he did a good job on Perreaults wing, Dags was OK, better then I expected and Ribeiro seems to like playing with him.

Ward and Begin played well together and I like Bulis I lot on the third line.

Langdon has been doing what he has to do,Kilger has been awfull, Sundstrom and Dackell are ok and Juneau is close to the end of his career.

Zednik-Koivu-Ryder

Perreault-Ribeiro-Dagenais

Bulis-Begin-Ward

Your choice.

Markov-Brisebois

Souray-Komisarek

Bouillon-Rivet

Eventually we'll have to find spots for Perezhogin, Hossa, Kastsitsyn, Higgins, Plekanec, Hainsey, Gratton(love his heart).

Perreault, Ribiero and Dagenais should look out, I don't think they are a very important part of the future.

My dream would be this(in a perfect scenario, which is in many years):

Kastsitsyn-Koivu-Perezhogin

Higgins-Plekanec-Zednik

Bulis-Hossa-Ryder

Begin-Gratton-Ward

Markov-Komisarek

Hainsey-Brisebois

Souray-Rivet

There isn't much size but with that kinda talent, you can always trade for it. Someone will eventually be traded for something big because we have too many prospects who will soon come up, I don't see how we will make space for them...

I like these lines:

Bulis-Koivu-Ryder

Zednik-Ribeiro-Dagenais

Sundstrom-Begin-Dackell

Langdon-Perreault-Kilger

When those lines were together things seemed to be going very well. i think Begin is our best center to play on the checking line because of his never give up attitude, his speed and his feisteness. Juneau helps kill a few penalties but thats it, i think he's one of the worst players on the team right now.

But with players returning from injuries im guessong some moves will be made again.

Dagenais will problt end up in the minors to make room for ward.

Kilger and Langdon will be in and out of the lineup all the time.

And anyone who has a bad game will likely be benched the next just like before when there were too forwards.

The reason the habs had been playing so well IMO was that there were 4 consistent lines (pretty much) every game and they found chemistry, when the line Juggling starts again the losses will come again.

My top two lines would be:

Bulis-Koivu-Ryder

Zednik-Ribeiro-Perreault/Ward

and keep them together

Hossa - Koivu - Ryder

Zednik - Higgins - Balej

Bulis - Begin - Sundstrom

Kilger - Gratton - Ward

Markov - Komisarek

Hainsey - Quintal

Souray - Brisebois

Get sofites like ribeiro, dagenais, audette, juneau and dackell out of here and bring in youth. I dont care if they lose, it be a lot more exciting to watch then the bunch of dead beats we are currently playing. Bouillon doesnt deserve to be in the NHL, hes this years Traverse.

Oh yea, fire CJ, get a coach whos not afraid of losing his job because this team is going through a YOUTH movement.

I have givet a deeper tought...

And here's what I came up with:

Bulis - Koivu - Zednik

Could work. Bulis belong on one of the top two.

Perreault - Ribeiro - Ryder

Two soft players with one more physical. Ryder shots alot and Ribeiro likes to pass. Perreault scores.

Sundström - Begin - Audette

Why not? Begin is hotter than Juneau and I think and Sundström has play pretty good latley. Audette has to be placed somewhere. He could be replaced by Ward but I think we should go with Audette for now.

Dagenais - Juneau - Dackell

If Dagenais could use his body infront of the net while Dackell wins the puck in the cornes and Juneau plays smart this could work.

But I think that Audette and Kilger are the ones that have to leave. Kilger adds nothing and Ryder is here to stay. But trading Audette won't be easy. But if we could deal a package with him included. Maybe that means that someone that we like has to go as well...