Ok, It's My Turn At Free Agent Speculation

zumpano21

He's not the big centreman or 1st pairing defenceman that we need but those items are currently in short supply. He is however a gifted scorer who could turn out 70-80 pts a year and can play either wing. On a team that lacks offensive punch, I'd give him a go.

Discuss, rant and flame as you please!

http://rushockey.com/events.php?i=sl&s...iews&id=295

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?i...amp;hubname=nhl

He's not the big centreman or 1st pairing defenceman that we need but those items are currently in short supply. He is however a gifted scorer who could turn out 70-80 pts a year and can play either wing. On a team that lacks offensive punch, I'd give him a go.

Discuss, rant and flame as you please!

http://rushockey.com/events.php?i=sl&s...iews&id=295

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?i...amp;hubname=nhl

Interesting...but his stats are basically crap, and he's 29 - he's never put together a decent season. On the other hand, Pittsburgh's been a mess for much of his career there. I'd base my decision on his character. Does he work hard, is he hungry to fulfill his obvious potential? Or is he just another softy? If the latter, then his numbers stand to look a lot like Bulis's. Not exactly an upgrade.

Interesting...but his stats are basically crap, and he's 29 - he's never put together a decent season. On the other hand, Pittsburgh's been a mess for much of his career there. I'd base my decision on his character. Does he work hard, is he hungry to fulfill his obvious potential? Or is he just another softy? If the latter, then his numbers stand to look a lot like Bulis's. Not exactly an upgrade.

He's got the talent, he's just been in a quagmire in Pittsburgh and he's stated publicly that he wants out. As for motivating him, he's Russian so who knows what makes him tick. I think that he could put up numbers in the right environment and he'd be in good company with all the Russians on the Habs to make him feel welcome.

As for stats, he was a point per game in the Russian Superleague for the past two years so I would expect he could produce numbers at about 80% that level.

I don't know what the point of this thread was. He said himself he is staying in Russia for this season, so he won't help us this year. What were you suggesting here? We should try and sign a player who "might" play for us next year?

Hey what about Pierre Dagenais? he's pretty cheap you know!

So cheap that he'll probably have to pay in order to play........ in the ECHL!!!!!!!!

Smon, in another post you expressed how you'd like to see Geoff Sanderson come to town. I like that idea.

as a winger no doubt cause he is not exactly quoted as a playmaker

from tsn.ca = (Still plays a passive game and needs a quality setup man in order to put up good numbers.)

we need the setup man!

WHERE IS OUT SETUP MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!! ;) ok lost it for a second...

Yeah I like Sanderson, he's got blazing speed going down the wing.

Plus like I mentioned in that post, I dont think he'd be pissed about playing on the bottom lines if he gets bumped down in favour of the rookies. Whereas a guy like Sykora would most likely, and Samsonov definitely would be pissed.

He's right, I like how suddenly all UFAs are a major upgrade to the team.

No offense to anyone, but I'm starting to feel like I'm at a shopping mall with a bunch of girls I know. They HAVE to buy ANYTHING before going back home. ANYTHING, no matter how useless and pointless it'll end up to be.

Consumerism at its worse.

Yeah I like Sanderson, he's got blazing speed going down the wing.

Plus like I mentioned in that post, I dont think he'd be pissed about playing on the bottom lines if he gets bumped down in favour of the rookies. Whereas a guy like Sykora would most likely, and Samsonov definitely would be pissed.

I like Sanderson. Great speed, stickhandling and attitude. Leadership too. But is he a UFA?

No offense to anyone, but I'm starting to feel like I'm at a shopping mall with a bunch of girls I know. They HAVE to buy ANYTHING before going back home. ANYTHING, no matter how useless and pointless it'll end up to be.

Consumerism at its worse.

Yes, KoZed might be a tad biased because he's a left-wing dirty commie (:P) but he's right on the money.

Yes, KoZed might be a tad biased because he's a left-wing dirty commie ( :P ) but he's right on the money.

I'm not a Communist. I actually consider myself an Aristocrat.

Noblesse Oblige, you know?

I believe in having a little nobility, dignity. And with that comes the responsability to act selflessly for the good of all. That's why its a duty for the wise to raise his voice and say that MOROZOV SUCKS F****ING BALLS!!! :P;)

Edited by KoZed