Briere Arbitration Makes Him A Habs?

zumpano21

I think our team is done. It doesn't need anything more.

What does that mean? We're done? I would assume by you making that statement, we are now the frontrunners for the Cup this year. I would say until we are going into the offseason as being a team everybody is talkinga about to win the Cup we are not done. I would also suggest that we are not that team right now, mind you we are moving in that direction but I would never say we don't need anymore positive additions. Daniel Briere could be the one player to put us over the top this year, that one game breaker that every great teams has, and that we have been lacking since Mats Naslund left.

I now think this deal will never get done, but Habs fans should not question how much it would help our team, this would be huge.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The teams that trades and signs the blockbuster UFA's arent allways winning the cup. I think this team might be ready to be a contender but it might also be the other way and we might miss the playoffs as well. It all depends on the younger players. Plekanec, Higgins, Perezhogin and more, if they can play like last season or better we will have a big chance at being a top5 team in the league this season.

The teams that trades and signs the blockbuster UFA's arent allways winning the cup. I think this team might be ready to be a contender but it might also be the other way and we might miss the playoffs as well. It all depends on the younger players. Plekanec, Higgins, Perezhogin and more, if they can play like last season or better we will have a big chance at being a top5 team in the league this season.

maybe not a top five in the league but in our conference is more realistic.

, Ryder needs to bring another dimension to his game..he's a great sniper but that's all

M&K I could not agree more. Befor people think I am slamming Ryder I want to say I am not. He is a great goal scorer as long as he plays with a great playmaker. His back checking and stick handling leave alot to be desired.

BG says No to Briere! All done for now.

I'd say we're done," Canadiens general manager Bob Gainey replied yesterday when asked whether there were any more moves on the horizon before the team opens training camp in mid-September.

In the article he speaks of Sammy as a replacement / upgrade to Bulis and Johnson as a replacement for Sundstrom and Zednik (I'm sure this is also the room thats open for a prospect) He goes on further to speak well about Bonk and the Begin, Murray Chemistry from last year.

Sounds like he's set and looking forward to the start of the season.

full article.

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/news...77-03362ecefc9d

Edited by Chips

Gainey says we're done? Good...

I know the offseason can be boring and from a fan's perspective it seems like we could be doing more, but BG's biggest asset has been patience, and this is precisely the thing that's been missing under the erratic GM tenures of Serge Savard (towards the end), Houle (no comment ) and even Andre Savard (great scouting, some questionable contracts).

And for those who are so quick to write off Perezhogin - remember he's a kid with a pretty high ceiling. I'd much rather let him and other young guys play and see if one or two of them suprise us than write them off too soon, ship them out of town and watch them light it up someplace else.

I want to see what we've got. I want to see what the kids can do. Gainey can stand on his head and it still won't make us a Cup favorite this year, so why not be patient and stay with the plan. We've seen nice improvement the last few years in terms of personnel, attitude and points/standings. No reason to think it won't continue, and if we're adding someone from the outside, IMO it has to be an impact, mobile d-man rather than a forward.

Gainey says we're done? Good...

I know the offseason can be boring and from a fan's perspective it seems like we could be doing more, but BG's biggest asset has been patience, and this is precisely the thing that's been missing under the erratic GM tenures of Serge Savard (towards the end), Houle (no comment ) and even Andre Savard (great scouting, some questionable contracts).

And for those who are so quick to write off Perezhogin - remember he's a kid with a pretty high ceiling. I'd much rather let him and other young guys play and see if one or two of them suprise us than write them off too soon, ship them out of town and watch them light it up someplace else.

I want to see what we've got. I want to see what the kids can do. Gainey can stand on his head and it still won't make us a Cup favorite this year, so why not be patient and stay with the plan. We've seen nice improvement the last few years in terms of personnel, attitude and points/standings. No reason to think it won't continue, and if we're adding someone from the outside, IMO it has to be an impact, mobile d-man rather than a forward.

I agree ... and most of here agree too.... but it doesnt mean we've taken out the Now Hiring sign off our front gate... and I agree vigorously with the young guns agrument.... Specially that they all have one year contracts.... unfortunately t it will be very hard to keep them all if they all excel this season... But if they do.. then l Hope their loss will be shadowed by US Having Lord Stanley in our hands!

The 48h must be over by now. Anyone know what might of happend with Brière. It's strange that we haven't heard anything from that yet. As for adding him to are team, I say the price is to steep for that kind of player. Let' wait next year to get the big centre we're looking for. Considering the signing this year maybe more teams will caugth up in the cap and trade away players for monetary reasons. Also we need the space if we are to make any moves at the trade deadline.

Not to be the poop disturber or to go against the grain for its own purpose, but I don't really want the Canadiens to get Brière. He's too big a contract for too short a season.

For that matter, I'd say forget getting someone else from any team, even Dumont. Leave our young ones make their way up. We've got too many good prospects to lock them down in the AHL, the ECHL and whatever.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

I'm not a Dumont fan at all. he's too streay..he would get killed by habsfans and media