Gomez Awarded 5 Million

sbhatt

Well, if this trend continues; we could be heading for another market correction. ie. NHL and PA dispute over salaries;

However, we have not seen a team ask for a player to be taken to arbitration yet. Now, I'd love to see the outcome of that senario.

IMO, that would certainly keep the salary payouts respectable; so as to avoid a drop in pay after a crappy season.

Do we have any that would fit that category? Who in your opinion would take a player to arbitration?

That almost equals my teacher's salary.... :wacko::wacko::wacko:

:king: :hlogo: :king:

My Guess is that Gomez or Briere will go to Edmonton.

Come on Zod don't fail me now. :) make it happen.

The New Jersey Devils will live with Scott Gomez's $5 million US salary, at least for the time being.

Team president and general manager Lou Lamoriello told Toronto's FAN 590 Radio that he will accept the arbitrator's ruling and sign the forward to the one-year contract awarded on Tuesday.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=172460&hubname=nhl

Jersey has a few more players to sign; apparently they can go like this over the cap by 10% until Oct 4th before the season starts.. so expect a move before then; I see Gomez and another getting the boot out of Jersey.

Edited by Chips

However, we have not seen a team ask for a player to be taken to arbitration yet. Now, I'd love to see the outcome of that senario.

IMO, that would certainly keep the salary payouts respectable; so as to avoid a drop in pay after a crappy season.

Do we have any that would fit that category? Who in your opinion would take a player to arbitration?

Not this year but I am sure one team took a player to arbitartion last year. Maybe it was Florida and Luongo?

Gomez WILL NOT be traded. Lou has stated he will not trade him.

Buffalo doesn't need to make a decision as of the CBA stating that a team doesn't have to make it's decision until 48 hours of it's last case. Buffalo has a few guys they need rulings on so that's why Briere's case has yet to be accepted/declined.

Gomez WILL NOT be traded. Lou has stated he will not trade him.

Buffalo doesn't need to make a decision as of the CBA stating that a team doesn't have to make it's decision until 48 hours of it's last case. Buffalo has a few guys they need rulings on so that's why Briere's case has yet to be accepted/declined.

Hmmm, that's not what the TSN article was saying.

Hmmm, that's not what the TSN article was saying.

TSN will report stuff.... what r u talking about btw? Gomez or Briere?

Err, Briere. Sorry, I should have been more specific.

They have a few others the are awaiting cases so say if Afinogenov is the last one to have a ruling, the Sabres have 48 hours after that one to decide on all their cases. ;)

No clue. Haven't been paying attention to arbitration. :unsure: