just for laffs

simonus

so - the laffs are playing the caps in washington tonight... apparently jagr is out with a sore fingernail(? please someone tell me i got that wrong). Anyways, considering that the leafs have been on a roll of late, does anybody think the back to back games with travel will give us any sort of edge on tommorow's game (please)? Also, throwing gratton, ward and dagenais into the mix maybe could allow our boys to knock em around a bit while their still aching? Not that the caps should tire them too much I guess, just looking for a positive scenario.

BTW - can anybody see a scenario in which CJ could play audette in lieu of dagenais... i just can't make that work in my mind.

:hlogo:

Well, they played Kidd against the weaker team (Washington), and came away with a tie.

However, they will be tired tomorrow (8 hour drive, 2.5 hour flight), and they have a rash of injuries.

Tucker, the imbecil in Blue, sustained a foot injury blocking a shot, while their stud defenceman Tomas Kaberle is still out with a shoulder injury.

Lineup will look a bit like this:

Roberts-Sundin-Nolan

Antropov-Nieuwendyk-Ponikarovsky

Renberg-Reichel-Fitzgerald

Perrott-Stajan-Domi

McCabe-Klee

Marchment-Pilar

Belak-Jackman

Belfour

Should be an entertaining game. If we can get Komi, Markov and Souray to blast a lot of low shots from the blueline, and let our forwards pump the rebounds high (Belfour goes down early), we should be able to score a few goals.

Also, encourage Langdon to crash the net. He can take Gorilla Man (Domi) :monkey: and Marchment. Gratton should be able to play, and if we bring up Dwyer for the game, I'll be happy. Sure, he can't win fights, but he can still take the punishment, and lots of it.

It won't be as grueling a game as we expect, although by all means no cake walk. One can only hope for the best.

Get well soon Theo!

:ghg: