• Good Charlotte
    • Sum 41
    • Blink 182
    • The Pussycat Dolls
    • Ali & AJ
    • The Beastie Boys
    • Godsmack
    • Other (Specify)

(Psssst, I wouldn't want to pick a fight with Kozed when it comes to [critical] thinking, he'll kick your ass inside out)

I do that?

Naaah... Well, I dont do it on purpose. Though that would explain why I seem to kill so many threads lately. :(

I was refering to your nice degree in philosophy. Nothing to do with recent threads, well not that I know of.

:lol::lol::lol:

You mean AP79's degree in philosophy... Personnaly, I got a Political Sciences degree. ;)

How can you vote against hot 20-something women? Well, not all of them are hot. The red hair chick has a freaky face and I don't like that back-up black chick.

C'mon Trizzak, geez.

Let's also not forget the topic is called "Worst Band on the Radio"

Do they even count as a band? They're a group, bands use instruments.

And Koz, don't be greedy. Canada in general has hot 20 somethings, doesn't mean I can't enjoy watching other hot 20 somethings on TV. :D

Don't vote Other and then say Paris Hilton or someone. I'm talking bands here.

You just say that because you like Paris Hilton as a singer, just be Honest BTW ;)

same for the Beastie Boys. I have no idea where they get their fans.

says a guy that likes the Paris Hilton song.

The Beasties rule!!

*no offence BTH,you still like 1 decent band ;)*

oh by the way i choose Simple Plan (crappie songs) and i didnt vote for good charlotte cuz i like 2 songs of them. Thats 2 more than SP. But yeah, those Emo kids still suck.

Most Crappy solo artist must be "James Blunt" with his whining voice. He recently got voted as a number 3 on most anoying things list in Britain. (so not most anoying people, you could vote for anything, traffic jams etc etc, they voted James Blunt, Hilarious)

Edited by Dutch_Habs_Fan

the few times I went to québec city, I enjoyed choix music but since they're a bunch of morons( a bit less since that filion guy's gone) I'd rather not listen to the radio than giving them good ratings

the few times I went to québec city, I enjoyed choix music but since they're a bunch of morons( a bit less since that filion guy's gone) I'd rather not listen to the radio than giving them good ratings

Yeah. Its not a radio for the faint of heart or those easily offended by different thinking, except the moderated, underrated Parent who's probably the best media analyzer in the biz today. Though they got really mellow since Fillion's gone. He was way over the top quite often, but I'll take a controversial free-thinker over any mindless network drone or pompous pseudo-intellectual any day.

Wouldn't this poll depend on what radio station you listen to? I don't let music annoy me, if I don't like, I turn the dial. (Or more appropriate, press a button). If you want one of the more disturbing songs from WAYYY back check out these lyrics. It's gotta be the only song about eating someone you're trapped with.

Timothy

The Buoys

Trapped in a mine all paths caved in

And everyone knows the only ones left

Were Joe and me and Tim

When they broke through to pull us free

The only ones left to tell the tale

WAS Joe and me

Timothy, Timothy, where on earth did you go?

Timothy, Timothy, God why don't I know?

Hungry as hell no food to eat

And Joe said that he would sell his soul

For just a piece of meat

Water enough to drink TO DRINK for two

And Joe said to me, "I'll TAKE a swig

And then there's some for you."

Timothy, Timothy, Joe was looking at you

Timothy, Timothy, God what did we do?

I must have blacked out just 'round then

'Cause the very next thing that I could see

Was the light of the day again

My stomach was full as it could be

And nobody ever got around

To finding Timothy

Timothy...

Edited by huzer

I haven't listened to radio music in such a long time that it's all irrelavent to me. I'm not that interested in what's going on in 'pop' today.

I'm almost always playing my CDs.

So, my answer is appropriately 'other (specify)' except that I can't really specify. So, I'll say ALL OF THE ABOVE and a number of unnamed others.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Yeah. Its not a radio for the faint of heart or those easily offended by different thinking, except the moderated, underrated Parent who's probably the best media analyzer in the biz today. Though they got really mellow since Fillion's gone. He was way over the top quite often, but I'll take a controversial free-thinker over any mindless network drone or pompous pseudo-intellectual any day.

agreed. he's like a don cherry of radio. often decent but sometimes go over the line. but that guy was a prick. when you want to be a free thinker, the best way to do it, if you want credibility, don't go and insult the shit out of everybody and cowardly hide behind liberty of speach. the last time I saw him on tv, he was playing the victim. he got what he had coming.

Ali & AJ

Why? Because I have no idea who they are, meaning I've 1) ignored them, 2) Haven't bothered to find out.

Don't listen to too much top-40 hit type of radio channels.... mostly CHOM and BUZZ (fellow Montreal'ers will understand).

In my opinion, Sum 41, Blink 182, and Godsmack shouldn't even be listed. ;)

Ali & AJ

Why? Because I have no idea who they are, meaning I've 1) ignored them, 2) Haven't bothered to find out.

Don't listen to too much top-40 hit type of radio channels.... mostly CHOM and BUZZ (fellow Montreal'ers will understand).

chom is good if you like sweet home alabama over, and over, and over...

buzz does the job though but there,s sometime interference and I get tired of the screetching.

now If anybody knows a good-on line radio station..please tell because, all and all, montreal' radio station aren't that great.

agreed. he's like a don cherry of radio. often decent but sometimes go over the line. but that guy was a prick. when you want to be a free thinker, the best way to do it, if you want credibility, don't go and insult the shit out of everybody and cowardly hide behind liberty of speach. the last time I saw him on tv, he was playing the victim. he got what he had coming.

For sure. I didn't liked his Cherry-esque blunt edge that bordered on ignorance. However he did have a point about Quebec being a generally closed, self-protecting, easily offended and one-track minded society. I wonder (actually, I'm pretty sure) that he'd have suffer the same treatment even if he hadn't gone overboard so often. People are hung up on the off-the-wall, personnal things, but its the underlying truths that really bothers them the most because that's what really nips at their beliefs. That's a constant that trenscends this particular case. Pick up "Les Demi-Civilisés" and you'll notice the same troubling parrallels between then and now.

chom is good if you like sweet home alabama over, and over, and over...

buzz does the job though but there,s sometime interference and I get tired of the screetching.

now If anybody knows a good-on line radio station..please tell because, all and all, montreal' radio station aren't that great.

LOL, I don't find they play that song all that much. It's good if you like Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, AC DC, etc over and over, and I do :D.

I actually don't listen to all that much radio though. I much prefer CDs.

How can you vote against hot 20-something women? Well, not all of them are hot. The red hair chick has a freaky face and I don't like that back-up black chick.

C'mon Trizzak, geez.

You can't see them on the radio, now can you?

Put them in Playboy where they belong.

LOL, I don't find they play that song all that much. It's good if you like Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, AC DC, etc over and over, and I do :D.

I swear, one day we tuned on chom and I todl m girlfriend: we gonna hear sweet home alabama and bang!! there it was...I do enjoy led zep or pink floyd..I just never hear often enough.

I too rather buy CDs or just copy from my friends

Well, Good Charlotte isn't either.

Whenever a top 40 band starts to whine about something in their song, it gets shoved into the Emo genre. Ticks me off.

Good Charlotte and Simple Plan is just angst-filled, watered down punk acts for the 15 year olds out there who think no one understands them.

Well, Good Charlotte isn't either.

Whenever a top 40 band starts to whine about something in their song, it gets shoved into the Emo genre. Ticks me off.

Good Charlotte and Simple Plan is just angst-filled, watered down punk acts for the 15 year olds out there who think no one understands them.

It isn't punk music either, it's way to soft for that!