How I Hate Moving!

CoRvInA

this is a rant written at 3 am after endless trips in a borrowed small pickup... when all my buddies are out of town (field trip) or gone working abroad and my girlfriend and roomate are also gone! In sumary I Have been moving for 4 straight days filling the pickup and emptying it with only these two arms! and now I gotta hide this laptop under dirty laundry and wait for another car to come along that I can borrow... Now I have to drop it off and ride my bike back home... at perhaps 4 am? when I finish this rant!

Add a fight with a wasp nest which I ended up smashing up not without receiving three stings all on different days ( because its on the steps of the front garden) and still the buggers are after me!

add to this that a family of skunks decided to die two house away where Im moving out from and no one from my street cared to dispose of the carcasses ( SO I HAD to do it)

add that staff at the store are sick and I can't get anyone to cover my shifts!

add my drivers license expired so I've been driving illegaly taking the weirdest roads to keep from risking getting pulled over Closely obeying all traffic rules! ( which makes it even more suspicious) which makes every trip seem like I'm running away from the gestapo smuggling old IKEA furniture and smelly soccer shoes and hockey gear

add that i still have to freakin clean this place up first THEN unbox all the crap again in the other house!

Add that ONLY I would have three aquariums and all my fish are swimming in 3 inches of water until I can fill them up ( which made the pick up smell liek seaweed and fish! which is attracting RACOONS that are bullying me to get to the pickup if I dont let go of the fish! I had to chase one out of the boxes in the cargo!

AND NOW add that Bouillon and now Koivu are going on the injury list!

MAN ANYONE GOT A GUN I CAN BORROW!!!

sigh! :wacko:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CoRvina, not sure if you had a chance to read your rant again last night, but when I read it this morning, it had me in rolling in laughter.

I sure can sympathies with you. I've had my share of moving horror as well. In fact I had a similar experience moving using a pickup truck. It took me about three weeks. And I had to clean, prep, paint and get the house ready to be sold after the move. Now, I cannot say that I've had the run in with the racoons, wasps and skunks all in the same night. But I did get stung five times on one hand by wasps while cleaning out the garbage and I had a run in with a racoon and my dog; and I've run over many skunks! albeit deadones on the road.

So again in short, although the world might seem grim and dark at night when you were moving look on the bright side. The worst is behind you and you have one heck of a story to tell your grandkids!

Now, If I was in your neck of the woods I would have certainly given a fellow Canadiens Fan a hand, but sadly I'm on a road trip to visit my in laws in Sault Ste. Marie.

and wait until you've lived in the same place for several years with a wife and kids and THEN you have to move... it'll become lots of fun then... :blink::wacko::blink:

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Well guys: THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

Thanks for encouraging me, i still have to move. Today i got the news i have the first pick on a nice apartment. And if i like it i can have it. So all the trouble you guys are talking about still have to happen. :(

I'm very excited to get it, but you guys sure know how to ruin it ;) ( the mood i mean)

Ah well i believe i have a lot of peeps that can help me so i think it wouldnt be that much of a problem, but i know it always costs more and takes more time than you would have guessed!

Thnx m8's ;)

I remeber the 1st appartment my girlfriend and I rented. the tradition in quebec is to move july 1st..at the same time as everybody wich causes a big mess everywhere.

the people who lived there before were not owrkind and spent their days smokling a cig over another. at one point we were so tired of cleaning the wall and scealing( it was leaking nicotine) that we just painted over it.

we we move, 2 years later it still smelled cigarette in the appartment.

Hang tough corvina !! you'll deserve a nice, cold beer after this !!

Hey you Guys are the best....

I was really uptight last night but thought perhaps it might make one of us laugh... and Chips, its true now that I've read it again and like JeanlucPilon says ( the worst is over ) I can laugh a bit specialy now that its raining (mildly) in Vancouver.

well guys ...gonna get started cleaning this old place... before I can start unpacking and nesting in the new one!

and again thanks to each and every one of you guys!!!

p.s. Dutch Hang in there!!! there is light at the end ( at least they say so... hehehe ) I just about see a speck of it now!

• 2 months later...

got to bring this one back. I'm moving out next week and it sucks.

we have 6 days to fix holes in the walls, clean the carpets, clean the whole place, paint ( primer and color).

I wish I had 36 hour/days.

coundown stars sun 22 at 11am.

oh there's going to be volumes and volumes of rants when I pack every possible thing into my tiny car and drive to Seattle when I finally ditch this place. Lol.

where are you moving to Marky and Komi?

not far actually it's called greenfield park...it's not even 5min drive from where I live.

we're currntly living in a basement and we're pretty tired of it. can't even walk naked in the morning..too many kids around.

got to bring this one back. I'm moving out next week and it sucks.

we have 6 days to fix holes in the walls, clean the carpets, clean the whole place, paint ( primer and color).

I wish I had 36 hour/days.

coundown stars sun 22 at 11am.

Oh man i know how you feel, im still busy getting things done.I hope to be ready in a couple of weeks. (but the coorporation thats owns the place isnt really working good. It takes em so long to fix stuff. Unbelievable

not far actually it's called greenfield park...it's not even 5min drive from where I live.

we're currntly living in a basement and we're pretty tired of it. can't even walk naked in the morning..too many kids around.

Oh one of those they rented out the basement to you? My friend in Vancouver is thinking about moving into one of those.

If it makes you feel any better I just moved as well and it took me and 3 buddies 1.5 hours to move my girlfriends couch out of her basement apartment...and that's before I had a chance to move all my crap in.

It was like some strange, real life, tetris game. I think you had to have a PHD specializing in Physics and Calculus to remove this thing any faster.

We are trying to sell the couch and not having much luck finding friends, or friends of friends who need one. SO, I'm planning on giving her $300, taking the couch out to a field and burning the son of a bitch.

If it makes you feel any better I just moved as well and it took me and 3 buddies 1.5 hours to move my girlfriends couch out of her basement apartment...and that's before I had a chance to move all my crap in.

It was like some strange, real life, tetris game. I think you had to have a PHD specializing in Physics and Calculus to remove this thing any faster.

We are trying to sell the couch and not having much luck finding friends, or friends of friends who need one. SO, I'm planning on giving her $300, taking the couch out to a field and burning the son of a bitch.

I'll try to keep my girlfriend away from us guys. she'll try to give her own two cents on how we should work and we'll lose tons of times :angry2:

i feel yah brother...moved about ten times in my life

I did that in the last 6 years.

the good side of my moving is the next one will be in a house.

Awesome Marky and Komi your first home!

unfortunately, it's not this time..next time. in a year or two.

I wanna clear some student loans and lower my credit card before thinking of a house.

as soon as I get my house, I 'll make a huge HW bash !!

Tonight i bought a Fridge and a Freezer(well it was a gift from my parents, thats the thing they wanted me to have if i should get out, the rest is up to me). I'm getting it more and more complete. 2 more weeks and it should be ready!

you're moving in two weeks ??

I'll be moving shortly. I'm moving from a one-room 25m² (about 269 square feet) appartment to a two-room 53m² (about 570 square feet) place. I'll have a separate bedroom. I'll be able to have a ktichen table.

Also, I'll probably end up getting agoraphobia. :rolleyes:

Edited by Doktor Kosmos