Who's More Than Ready To Make The Jump

CoRvInA

BEcause we've been talking about chances and oportunities that would be missed if we get Dumont and co... talking about Kosti and Perez and Latendre...

BUT are we really risking to lose them or their potential if they dont play this season? whats up with that? Your opinions

I dont really think we have anyone ready or screaming to be on the first or second line... but yet again if we dont try them out, how else shall we ever know? or is that the only way to know... Can't we have a AHL'r kicking ass like Pleks did? to my knowledge Kosty hasnt shown he's beyond the AHL yet... so why the rush?

BEcause we've been talking about chances and oportunities that would be missed if we get Dumont and co... talking about Kosti and Perez and Latendre...

BUT are we really risking to lose them or their potential if they dont play this season? whats up with that? Your opinions

I dont really think we have anyone ready or screaming to be on the first or second line... but yet again if we dont try them out, how else shall we ever know? or is that the only way to know... Can't we have a AHL'r kicking ass like Pleks did? to my knowledge Kosty hasnt shown he's beyond the AHL yet... so why the rush?

excluding perezhogin

kostitsyn

coté

danis

I'm sure that maxim lapierre could do the job on the 4th line as well as ferland

next year: chipchura and latendresse

Who can say how they will do at camp. But injuries will happen for sure. Koivu, Begin, Samsonov, Johnson, all have a hard time hitting the 82 game mark. imo guys like Kostitsyn, Lapierre, Chipchura, Grabovsky, Ferland, Cote, Danis could all see time with the Habs this year, anywhere from 1-2 games or more. I'm assuming that one rookie will make the team like Gainey/Carbo have said but who that will be is impossible to say at this point. The good news is that we have several prospects that can fill in for injuries at various positions. The main concern imo is on defense. Cote imo is a good short term fill in but his lack of speed/mobility might make things tough on him if he had to play long term. There's also Jancevski who is solid in his own end but if I recall from his days in Hamilton, his mobility isn't that great either.

Let me say that having seen Kostitsyn and followed him as the Bulldogs writer for HW, he is NOT ready for full-time NHL duty. He is still beyond inconsistent although his offensive skills are up to NHL standards. Let's not forget his contract as well; since he's on his ELC (Entry-Level Contract), his NHL salary is quite high for a rookie, just under $900 K, more than any of Plekanec, Higgins, or Perezhogin, to make comparisons. If the cap becomes an issue, he, along with Chipchura, also on an ELC, will be passed over for more cap-friendly options. This may also deter the Habs from signing Latendresse unless he's proven that he's more than ready, which is probably not going to happen just yet. That being said, Kostitsyn and Chipchura should see some NHL time (spot duty here and there) this season.

In terms of some of the other guys, Grabovsky should play in Hamilton strictly for the first few months to help him become acclimated to the North American game, but if he plays well, could merit a late season callup. Ferland isn't all that talented, but he's a young big-bodied player that could always be used here and there. Then there's Lapierre. Everything needs a little fine-tuning, but I think he could be the best fit for the rookie spot, simply because of the role that rookie will play, which, as the roster looks now, will be 4th line/press box. His contract (league min) at the NHL level could also play an impact there.

As for the D, let's be frank, there really isn't an NHL-ready d-man in the mix, but since someone has to fill Bouillon's spot for a while, it will likely be between Cote and Jancevski to take that spot. Benoit and Sanford are far from ready, Archer's hurt, and O'Byrne should see a little AHL time before being thrown into the mix. If it comes down to whoever stays up will be the #7, I'd give the nod to Jancevski, simply because Cote would benefit more from playing in Hamilton, Jancevski is strictly there for depth, and low-maintenance at that.

I appreciate the posts in this thread so far - nobody's playing our usual pasttime, "let's overrate our prospects". For sure we have some good ones with potential, but as soon as we start equating them with established NHL players, it's a slippery slope.

I appreciate the posts in this thread so far - nobody's playing our usual pasttime, "let's overrate our prospects".

well I think that we should trade koivu and give the 1st center duty to corey locke :P

So if all those who have shared a thought here agree that the top prospects in the Bulldogs arent ready yet but certainly will get their names called up to fill in for those unfortunate injuries (lady luck smile on us please) Then why can't we still get a couple of more players to fill in the spots... ( forget about the D for a while)

Sammy Ribs Kovalev

Higgins Koivu Ryder

Plek Bonk Johnson

Begin

I'm a DOwney fan but he is the 13 forward depending on the team we play against he will be used ( although I hope he becomes more confident and a permanent fixture)

That leaves Murray Perez Kosty Chips locke lambert milroy and Tenderness to fight for spots ( i've put them iin an order I believe reflects the chances of getting in)

BUT they could all be in the AHL too... OR TRADED... which also means RIbs Bonk and Ryder could be in that equation too... BUT ONLY IF AN OPORTUNITY presents itself.... so guys come October we could have a very different team or maybe not! so now my thoughts are on the rest of the teams and those in particular who are facing cap problems or are lacking certain key elements or have to much of... thats where my thoughts are... I'm not worried about the Rooks they are fine! they will play for sure but not pressed on them making the team because we got plenty of options still with the supposedly "fixed" roster.

I'm delighted. We will once again get to see a little more of tomorrow. The attackers on Hamilton will provide good injury depth. This year will also be a treat in the Juniors for us. Finally, we get to see Belarus because they qualified for the U20. Thanks in big part to Sergei. Seeing Kostitsyn play internationally is something I haven't seen in a while. :D

What other gems will be on TSN this year?

5074_3.jpg

Price-.jpg

Go Habs Go :hlogo:

In a word.........Grabovsky

He has been playing in a very tough league for 2 years now and he has not only held his own but he has even dominated at times.

Grabovsky is ready now and the Habs will notice it at the camp in a few weeks.

What about Jimmy Bonneau? If Downey either a) gets hurt or B) shits the bag, does anyone else feel he may make the jump?

good reading!

fROM THIS I now see that perhaps the age factor would be tailgating some players (Kosty and the few that didnt make the cut) but nevertheless will be showing their stuff come sept. Most interesting indeed

Well What was said about Kost not passing the ahl, hes been there about 2-3 years, and Perezhogin been there for a year i belive..And look at the numbers he put up about 50 points or so not to bad.

But when your a rookie and you get those kind of numbers your more then ready to make the NHL. Get your potential up, Also if you stay down it makes them depressed like AWW AGAIN :( and not happy.

But i do agree if the players are going to play 10 min then for sure AHL will be better for them when they play half the game.

Also Example. Jason Ward AMAZING ALL STAR in the AHL and NHL he sucked THE BAG ! offensivly or maybe montreal just didnt give him enough ice time. But Kost might be Opposite also Perezhogin, But they need damn ice time.

My guess is one of the two Belorussians... K or G (or B, for that matter - if one wants a 'policeman' on the ice.)

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Jason Ward still "sucks the bag" offensively playing for the Rangers.

Also Example. Jason Ward AMAZING ALL STAR in the AHL and NHL he sucked THE BAG ! offensivly or maybe montreal just didnt give him enough ice time. But Kost might be Opposite also Perezhogin, But they need damn ice time.

He put up 28 points while getting 13 minutes of ice time.

Wow! 28 points in 13 minutes! That's like a one-sided basketball game with one guy getting pretty well 9 three-pointers and a penalty shot.... or.... 14 2-point baskets!

This should go in the record books for sure!

Wow! 28 points in 13 minutes! That's like a one-sided basketball game with one guy getting pretty well 9 three-pointers and a penalty shot.... or.... 14 2-point baskets!

This should go in the record books for sure!

wise a** :lol:

I'd bet on Kosti...he was dominant at wjc, and he just needs to learn to use his linemates better. I think Latendresse could step in, but because of the 7 years/free agent rule, we won't see him till he's been in AHL for a year, which means in 2 years, unless he really impresses this year or next. Chipchura will definatly play in the AHL this year.