(e3) Rumors: Komisarek To Isles

TheAussiePosse

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd rather have Bonk and Komi ..... Grebeshkov blows ... he couldn't even make the Kings even with they're mulitple injuries on the blue line .... and when he did play he blew ... caughed up the puck constantly

heeheeheeheeheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee............ :o:blink::wacko::):D:lol: :lool:

:king: :hlogo: :king:

i think eklund here makes it painfully clear why HW discourages threads dedicated to rumour sites.

maybe we should start a stupid rumour thread that would dut all the rumours in one space and it would stop spamind the other threads.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=2606

And purportedly Bonk too - maybe in the same trade?

(To make room for Dumont)

My thoughts:

Grabeshkov? Bruno Gervais (hails from the QUE?

heres where your eklund-the-guy-with-all-the-connections-in-the-league takes his info

http://rumorsnhl.blogspot.com/ the guys name elephant man....well that's no bob mackenzie

the guys probably a 50 year old virgin who lives in the basement of his parents home..ditto eklund

Just a thought while all of you are bashing the only people that give us rumors...

Maybe the point was the Islanders are interested in Komisarek, not the Habs want to trade him. Need I remind you Garth Snow is the Islanders GM. He probably went through the list of players who come from Long Island and decided: "This Komisarek person seems to be a good player, let's try to get him.. hyuk hyuk hyuk."

As for Eklund, he reports what he hears from his contacts... his contacts may be wrong but more importantly, those rumors encourage discussion. Let's all remember rumors are just that... rumors. Most of the time, nothing happens. I do agree that their rumor/fact ratio is not good, but at least they don't make people pay for the rumors, he posts them publicily, unlike hockeynations.com.

As for Eklund, he reports what he hears from his contacts... his contacts may be wrong but more importantly, those rumors encourage discussion. Let's all remember rumors are just that... rumors. Most of the time, nothing happens. I do agree that their rumor/fact ratio is not good, but at least they don't make people pay for the rumors, he posts them publicily, unlike hockeynations.com.

what contact... he just took a rumour from elephant man...is that his contact..puhlease

I do enjoy talking trade rumours but we should make a record of all the rumours that we heard that were true

Elephant man took it from Eklund...90% of what he says has already happened or another site posted it.

FYI, the Islanders signed Sean Hill today...hopefully this was their back-up plan to Komisarek. also it appears Owen Nolan is signing with the Coyotes.

Edited by Mr. Nasty

I find it amusing that everyone rips apart Eklund and other rumour guys so frequently. The others because they offer us something to talk about when nothing else is going on, and Eklund because he is plugged in. I know, I know, virtually no one wants to believe it because little of what he suggests ever becomes reality, but that doesn't mean that he isn't reporting the absolute truth as he hears it.

He's stated in the past (for those of you who only read what you want to read and ignore the rest) that he doesn't know himself if he's actually being used or not. I mean, what a great way to float an idea to judge reaction from the public or players - toss a bone to the rumour man who is heard throughout North America. Or, more to the point for Montreal considering Gainey is in charge, how great to be able to feed the Eklund guy with a bogus rumour to throw the scent off what's actually going on.

Eklund is not naive or ignorant, he's a guy who hears a pile of stuff from legitimate contacts in the NHL. 99% of it is what goes on everyday in the NHL between GM's. "Hey there Kevin Lowe! I really like that Ryan Smyth character. What would he cost me?" *laugh at the other end of the line* "He'd cost you Markov, Ryder, your left arm and first born, that's what he'd cost you." Someone overhears the conversation - in part - and reports to Eklund that the Habs are talking to Edmonton about aquiring Smyth in a package that might include Markov and Ryder. Nothing incorrect about what Eklund is reporting, but it's just typical GM talk that happens every single day.

Eklund does have league resources - of that I'm convinced. Does he get legitimate info? Maybe in about 35% of cases. Those are the ones where a trade is discussed and may even get serious. Most of those don't go through either, though. Some last minute change of mind or some failure to find common ground at the last detail derails most legitimate trades.

So sure, his ratio for being correct to incorrect is pretty low, but that doesn't mean what he reports isn't happening or that he's creatively making up stories.

I think what's most annoying about Eklund are all the frikkin whiners who complain everytime they see one of his ideas on a forum board. If you don't like what he has to say, don't read it. You say stop wasting bandwidth by posting Eklund stuff, I say stop wasting my bandwidth by pasting your whining. Eklund's stuff is as legitimate as anything else and I enjoy discussing it with people. I don't however like reading the sad sack rantings of people who like to *think* they know more about hockey than a guy who has connections on most teams in the league.

As was mentioned by someone earlier this thread, it's highly possible, and I would go as far as to say likely, that Garth Snow has looked around and identified the type of player he wants and Komisarek fit that bill to a 't'. The (e3) indicates a few sources and I can name a few off the top of my head. First, someone on the Island - and even the biggest skeptic amongst you would have to admit that getting a New York kid to play with the Isles would be a great selling point and I would suggest that at least half Snow's staff would have said as much. Second, that Montreal has been contacted by Dumont (and vice versa) to determine where they each stand. Well, surprise surprise, that's in the "legitimate" media. Third, that someone in the Islander offices probably understood that Montreal would have to cut salary to pick up Dumont and WOW how convenient would it be if Komi was to become available as a result. Three people talking about the possibilities, all three in connection with NHL clubs.

Now, generally his (e3) means more than just double talk and heresay like that, so I'm assuming that someone either in Montreal or New York has gone a little further and has made an inquiry - whether it be official (probably not) or unofficial. That person then comments to Ek who subsequently puts it on his boards.

OR, maybe Montreal is planning to do something completely different and Gainey set up a leak so readers of Eklund would be focussing on that rather than what was going to really happen. Either way, the info came from legit sources, and that is ALL that Ek claims to do.

Haven't you guys read the thread on Eklund's taking over a couple of major internet hockey sites and being hired by the Canadiens? :?- :blink: :?- :wacko: :?-

Good grief! Get with it guys!!!!! :angry::angry:

:king: :hlogo: :king: