Snakes On A Plane

The-Habby2919

I pay $3.50 to see new movies. If it's a movie I want to see, but not at the top of my list, I wait till it gets to the $1.50 2nd run theater. If I want to save 50 cents, I'll go on "Buck Wild Wednesday." Movie, popcorns, 12 oz. beers, all a buck each.

I could pay 7 bucks to go to a movie, but I don't go to the "popular" theater run by a huge company making millions off people dumb enough to pay that much when there are at least two theaters within 5 miles of it that cost half that much.

Not around here, the only cheapy theaters are either downtown or way the hell down south. I could go to those but gas +movie is the same as movie thats just a walk down the street.

So I'll keep going to the "popular" theaters and being stupid, thank you very much.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Snakes in a Theater

So I'll keep going to the "popular" theaters and being stupid, thank you very much.

I only called the people stupid who are as close to cheaper theaters as to expensive ones.

Fanpuck, I didn't know you were a fan of art house films. Hmm interesting.

:?- Dead Man's Chest, X-Men, and Talledega Nights are art house films?

We've got one theater thats really cheap that doesn't play art house films, the Moviedome. They just play a bunch of old ones. Right now they'd probably be playing stuff like X-Men 3, Over The Hedge and The Davinci Code. You know, stuff that came out in April/May. I think you only need to play a dollar per movie. Or is it two..Either way, it's nowhere near me.

Like I said, I could easily pay as much as you if I went to the AMC theaters located in the popular shopping areas. But just as close are smaller theaters (one still a national chain) that shows movies for $3.50 for afternoon shows and student tickets at all show times. Even night shows for non-shows are only 5 bucks I think, though I still use my college student ID :D. And these are first run movies. The $1.50 theater I mentioned was for 2nd run movies, like the one you are talking about Jets.

Man, I wish I had one of those near me. I pay 10.95 just for the ticket. Then its another 10-11 bucks for snacks. I've got a 7-11 up the street the other way from me though so I buy my food there (I can a LOT of food for 3-5 bucks) and then smuggle it in.

It's all Dollar Cinema for me! 1 buck for everything, all the time. Though, the movies are new, but it's after they're out of theaters, and before they're on video... still a good deal though.

It's all Dollar Cinema for me! 1 buck for everything, all the time. Though, the movies are new, but it's after they're out of theaters, and before they're on video... still a good deal though.

Yeah, that's what I meant by 2nd run, not like 5 year old movies being shown again or something like that.