Spam Bots

Fanpuck33

As many of you have noticed, in the past week or so the HW forums have been getting quite a bit of spam, most of it about adult products. The Mod team is doing its best to shut these threads down as soon as they pop up, but obviously we can't monitor things 24/7. If you notice such a thread, please use the "Report" button, located at the botton of every post. This way, Mods will be informed of such threads the second they sign back into the forums.

As of now, we do not know how the bots are bypassing the email validation system. The HW team is working on fidning a way to make the site more secure so that automated bots will not be able to continue spamming our site. I just wanted to take the time to let everyone know about the situation and that we are working on ways to stop the spam.

Yes basically watch out for new "members" who ask you to click a link, let a Mod know so we can delete it rightaway, thx.

i thought i just made some new friends, they are just bots??

Well, so far the following has been advertised:

- A program to hide your viewing history from employers

- Dating service ads

- "women" looking for men

- Web banking

- Assorted adult products

Obviously, don't click on the links if you see threads like that here.

Well, so far the following has been advertised:

- A program to hide your viewing history from employers

- Dating service ads

- "women" looking for men

- Web banking

- Assorted adult products

Obviously, don't click on the links if you see threads like that here.

I know, i'm such a addict of this board that i've seen them all ;)

One of the biggest summersongs in europe is about a Bot, really funny(the lines are jilarious). It's Swedish

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...