Vodka

dark_faerie87

A whole thread about vodka and no one hasn't even mentioned the Swedish contribution.

Absolute Vodka.

It's the best. I don't know how it is in North America but the only vodka from Russia that's up for sales here in Sweden is Stolchinaya.

Finlandia is also rather good.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Real men have rum and cokes all night long. Or just straight shots. Either way, you're not supposed to have less alcohol then women. It doesn't work that way. ;)

Rum & coke? Isn't that, like, a 5-à-7 type of drinks? Like Bailey's Coffees... I thought real men drank straight from the Jack-Daniel's bottle! :P

Tequila shots always works great. Start things off by doing "a Canada" (one shot per province) is always nice too.

And what's that rhyme in English that you must drink hard liquor before beer if you dont want to get sick?

And what's that rhyme in English that you must drink hard liquor before beer if you dont want to get sick?

beer before liquor, never been sicker

liquor before beer, you're in the clear.

Hasn't held true in my experience.

beer before liquor, never been sicker

liquor before beer, you're in the clear.

Hasn't held true in my experience.

Thanks.

I never tried it. My only "tricks" are either to eat a big fat steak about 3 hours before starting drinking and/or to have some water during the night. Always worked well for me.

I haven't done the Vodka thing since Canada Day where i puked about 3 or 4 times and passed out with my head on the ground and my ass in the air. Now im strictly a beerman. It tastes better and i find its harder to completely tank myself.

Not when you go on a Maudite or La Fin du Monde drinking binge. That's beer that's basically wine.

Haha! I can actually get those out here. Nothin' like a good ol' 10% beer.

Hehe. I got drunk on La Fin du Monde one New Year's Eve. One of the worst hangover ever. Maudite is alright, but the spicy taste doesn't make for a good "brosse". Trois-Pistole is actually worst (as in thicker, stronger taste) then both of them.

Blanche de Chambly is my fave. Not strong (5%) but a good white beer, tastes a little like Hoegaarden. I love Belgian beers. Funny enough, the only place I can seem to find some decent Belgian imports around here is some weird little independant convenient store.

LOL. You're talking about little independent liqour stores.

Its not even a liquor store. Its like a 7/11, smaller than a studio. Quebec's liquor stores are nationalized (owned by the Government) and they over-price everything. Beer's the only thing you can find elsewhere.

About the only place I know that sells Carlsberg for example is a little indi-paki store down the street. Very odd considering you can't find one of the biggest brewers in the world at the local food market.

I guess that's what happens when only a handful of brewers control the distribution to a handful of food markets. Funny how a State-run monopoly and a big corporations monopoly both turn out with the same selection problems.

Yeah so true on the monopoly of beers in America. I live in a mecca known as Budweiser at the moment and you can't make me touch that water (which is what it is, its so diluded) with a metre stick.

Then my parents used to live in the drunkest town in the country Milwaukee. Cool place but practically owned by Miller.

Then in the Northeast its Sam Adams which for a monoply beer its quite good.

And in the West its Coors. Now that creek water beer is disgusting.

Looked at the Carlsberg website and under North America only Canada shows up.

Thank god for Moosehead. Or I'd not drink anything at all.