Ribeiro Was Almost A Blackhawk

Koivu11

English Version: http://translate.google.com/translate?u=ht...Flanguage_tools

French Version: http://www.lapresse.com/article/20060830/C...8/1002/CPSPORTS

Personally I wouldn't have liked this trade because If im correct Khabibulin was even worse than Theo :P and Aucoin is kind of washed up and was injured for a good part of the season. Thank God for Huet!! :D

Two great news !

I just love it when one of our players is devoting some summer time to work at

improving his game.

And what about that God intervention preventing the mother of all ugly trades to take place......priceless.

Althought La Presse mentionned the avoided trade has a matter of fact I found it very difficult to believe....

I mean....how could have BG wanted to drag within our team last year's most expensive and biggest bust

of the UFA market....all the while having Huet out-performing any goally out there,.....Dany in the wing...and Price on the farm....come on,..Khabibulin was on his first year of a 27,000.000 four year contract and would have been a TOTAL nuisance in our situation....well any situation,...I found it incredible and I am shure

glad that it he isn't part of our fate.

Edited by PB

Thanks for the find Koivu11.

I like the Aucoin idea but Khabibulin? It's possible he might have had a stellar season in Montreal. That's the plus side. But his contract? We'd be saddled with 3 years to go at 20.25 million.

That would be a concern. But, I can see what Bob might have had in mind. At the time and considering the returns I can appreciate him trying to do this. Huet had carried a great load at that point. But, it was in the budget to have a Khabi-Huet tandem. Price would just be showing up when this contract ended on Khabibulin.

As it turns out, Khabi became Abby and Bob secured Huet for two years at $5.75 million. An awesome goalie a great price to get us through to Price. Let's hope Huet stays longer but we'll see.

In all fainess to Gainey. He doesn't have a crystal ball.

Go RIBS GO :hlogo:

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

It's always nice when fate smiles upon us... I think we got the MUCH better deal...

And I'm excited to see how Ribs works out this year... I predict a better season, since I imagine I could put up at least 40 pts between Sammy and Kovy!

anything over 60 points and I will be happy at ribs. for the 1st time in many year, we have a pontentialy highlu explosive 1st line..sorry for koivu's line but he's 2nd now

gigidy gigidy at Ribby finally devoting some off time to what has made him a household name in his home town, cuz when in high school he wasn't, but now he is :lol:

Acctually i wouldn't have minded that trade.. As it gives much room for rookies. Gave better goalie then Theo, Chicago just sucked the bag for khabibulin, and Aucoin is not washed up he still great offensivly for a defensmen and ALOT better then souray. In the end would have done better long term.

i'm thrilled he's working on his skating, all he needs to do now is work on a heavier shot

Screw that... let Kovy and Sammy do the shooting!