Bonk's Output For 06-07

zumpano21

It's Contract Time!  

63 members have voted

1. 1. How Many Points Will Bonk Put Up In A Contract Year?

• 20-30
    • 31-40
    • 41-50
    • 51-60
    • 61+

Carbo hasn't given-up on Bonk's potentiel to re-assert his offensive abilities this year and suggest that

Plekanec hold on the third line could well be challenged by Bonk.

Carbo is welcoming internal competition within a team,.....he believe that a healthy dose of those brings good dividends to the team.......he mentionned the situation in goal........the prospects up-surping veterans and.....

ho my god...Bonk challenging Pleks.

I thought I should let you know about it before you guys commit yourself into a prediction.

"Erratic Bonk"?

hehehe

Wasn't he playing with an injury much of last season -- Hope he finds his form this year! I vote 50-60 (hopefully), realistically can't we hope for 40-50?

I dont see bonk playing on PP or on the 1st two lines. therfore he will be asked to play a bigger part in defense than offense. anyways, the only time he close to be a good player was when he played with bégin. I don't see that pair being separated

I was a little disappointed to say the least with Bonk's performance last year. Will this change once BG dangles a new contract in his face?

I think the CH has no intention whatsoever to prolong Bonk's days in Montreal any longer than

the ones bounding them to the original contract.

That said, if Bonk is at all conscerned with extending his futur as a player in the NHL he will have

to use every opportunities during the season to ressucitate any kind of interest that any GM out there

could still arbor towards him despite his major slump of last year.

So yes Bonk could be on a self-salvaging mission and yes the CH could benifit from it,.....yet I cant imagine,

no matter the circumstances, the CH being interested in keeping him around any time longer than this season.........not with our young centers like Chipchura, Grabowski and Lapierre closing in on the big team.

Bonk and Begin! remember that duo in the PK and even Witht the Habs having a shitty PK he still finished with a plus minus of only -3 which means that their shift was likely not the one to get scored on!

Bonk and Begin! remember that duo in the PK and even Witht the Habs having a shitty PK he still finished with a plus minus of only -3 which means that their shift was likely not the one to get scored on!

What does the PK have to do with Bonk and Begin's +/-? GA during PK dont count against +/-.

out kosti on his line and i see him grabbing a bunch more assists

and i do remember him being totally robbed and hitting the post like 10 time at least.

i'm sure he can still score

IMO this will be Bonks! year, its now or never, I expect him to put up points but more so I expect him to play his role to the best level; Carbs and Muller will be looking to him to show the kids the ropes and lead by example.

I find it funny that this web page spends so much time on Bonk. He is not going to shine this year. Expect him to play a limited, but important, defensive role. He will score less than 15 goals. He will not take on a leadership role.

The problem that so many habs fans have with Bonk (aside from his outragous salary) is the high expectations. Every year he disapoints the fans expecting him to live up to his "potential".

I like Bonk, but anything over 45 points will be gravy over his strenghts, the PK and defensive role he plays.

Anyways! The duo !!! THE DUO BEgin and Mr Bonkers! Come ON!!!

A compelling point!

However, I agree with Huck. If healthy, he should be able to improve on last season's numbers, but nothing crazy. If he makes it to the 31-40 range, I'll be, uh, well happy isn't the word... hmm... not mad?

I agree with PB - Bonk is going to have do better this season if he wants to get any interest from a NHL team.

Unfortunately by the quarter point of last season he had become a walking punchline to too many hockey journalists, fans and players. And yeah by players I'm referring to his old buddies on the Sens.

Regardless .... Mr Bonkers has to give it his all! if he intends to keep playing in the NHL he has to at least leave the ice on a stretcher if he doesnt have at least 41 pts! he has to go for the Selke trophy if he doesn't improve in the pts department! No excuses here he has to block and swallow a Puck in each orifice! from day one or he's losing a fan!