Ovechkin On Otr

chief_balthor

I was just watching Off The Record on TSN and they has Alexander Ovechkin as the guest. In his "next question" segment, Landsberg asks him who he feels is the best russian player currently in the NHL. His answer: Andrei Markov.

I just thought this was interesting ans would pass along.

Nice quote. Great to hear some recognition for Markov.

Sadfully, the chance that Markov is traded to the Caps are much higher than the possibility that Ovechkin gets trade to the Habs :(

Ovechkin is the ultimate hockey player. He is already close to Jagr but he will only improve. He is the player we've wait to see for years. We're lucky he plays for a crappy team.

Ovechkin has said that in the past, he's routinely stated that Markov is the toughest dman he's played against.

Just out of curiosity, does anybody know how many points Ovechkin had against the Habs last year? I can't remember him scoring a goal against us. I think he might have had 1 assist in the 4 games. I could see why he would say the Markov is the toughest Dman he's played against.

Ive often heard Alex say good things about the Habs. If I were a betting man Id say that they were his favourite team. Could be with us some day :rolleyes: .

:hlogo:

Ive often heard Alex say good things about the Habs. If I were a betting man Id say that they were his favourite team. Could be with us some day :rolleyes: .

:hlogo:

Actually it's the Leafs. He's said before the number one team he wanted to play for was Toronto.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: Markov is one of the top-3 one-on-one defenders in the game today. I'd rather have him than Pronger, quite honestly.

maybe you're a little bit overenthousiast but coming to think about it: how often do you see markov make a mistake or blow a tire like souray. he makes beautiful passes on PP and is reliable on Pk. I wish he had a mean streak but if we pair him with Komisarek we could end up with a great D combo.

Just out of curiosity, does anybody know how many points Ovechkin had against the Habs last year? I can't remember him scoring a goal against us. I think he might have had 1 assist in the 4 games. I could see why he would say the Markov is the toughest Dman he's played against.

I am almost posotive he had 2 goals and 2 assists against the Habs last season!

So he avg 1 point per game agsint the Canadiens!

Actually it's the Leafs. He's said before the number one team he wanted to play for was Toronto.

I saw that. I wonder if he means it though. Ovechkin is a star and he knows it. Everytime he is in Toronto he soaks up the spotlight.

Most will probably counter with Crosby hopes and dreams.

I saw that. I wonder if he means it though. Ovechkin is a star and he knows it. Everytime he is in Toronto he soaks up the spotlight.

Most will probably counter with Crosby hopes and dreams.

That would be amazing for the Habs Leafs rilvalry if Ov whent to the Leafs and Crosby came to the Canadiens.

Although I would rather have Ovechkin then Crosby!! :D