Anyone Picked Up 07/2k7 Yet?

jetsniper

yeah, I confirm, the hardest difficulty level on my PC is "difficult" and I beat the sens 8-2 with 10 mins periods...

Also, the "trick" in that version is to go in the corner of the rink (middle distance between the corner of the rink and the net) and to do a one timer to someone on the opposite side of the net. 66% efficiency... when your pass makes it to the player...

god, I'm almost already bored... and I haven't played 10 games yet... The game itself is really fun, but... I'm already kicking the cpu's ass.

Change the game settings. Crank up the agression, game speed and puck control. If you're still bored, play with manual aim.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that's it. Just a week and I'm already bored with the game.

The problem isnt the difficulty. Its the bugs in the game.

- Dynasty mode: with the upgrades, almost all my players now have 99 overall. And they're all snipers. Makes no sense.

- Even with shot accuracy max (players and settings), its still almost impossible to score on nice cross-crease one-timers. Yet all wristers from just inside the blueline goes in.

- AI is stupid stupid stupid.

- Not much incentive trying to rebuild through the draft. All draftees are still clones with the same damn face. Boring.

yeah, I confirm, the hardest difficulty level on my PC is "difficult" and I beat the sens 8-2 with 10 mins periods...

Also, the "trick" in that version is to go in the corner of the rink (middle distance between the corner of the rink and the net) and to do a one timer to someone on the opposite side of the net. 66% efficiency... when your pass makes it to the player...

Funny, those almost never work for me. Either the pass is intercepted, the shot is blocked, the goalie makes the save or the player simply shot in the stands or in the corner. Only time it works is if the passer stands on a specific spot (right on the goal line, midway between net and board).

The trick I found was: come down the wing with a player on his off wing (leftie on the right-wing and vice-versa), when arrived at the center of the circle, cut to middle, use auto deke, release wrister about the circle mark. Goes in almost every time. Lecavalier is deadly for that... I used it to have fun having a rookie in his first game score a hat trick. 3 shifts, 3 goals. Hehe.

I hope its different in 360. The thing about players all turning "perfect" with 99 everywhere because of upgrades and all turning into snipers rather than stay playmakers, danglers or powerforward is really lame.

what do you mean?

--

Re: the trick I thought I had found out...well turns out it's not a trick anymore, the CPU always intercept the passes now :P AI adapted so it seems.

--

I'm really close to lowering the penalties and to cranking up the hitting power to the max. Old school arcade mode. That way, Ribeiro will hit harder than Komi does in real life :D

He means after he upgraded his coaching and scouting and all that, all of players had attributes of 99.

And I haven't seen anything like that in my version....yet. The only jump I've seen after a season is Wolski. He went from 74 to 77 after the first season and then after the second, went to 82 which is what hes at now. I've only upgraded my scouting though.

Potential works weirdly in thag game... I hated how Zach Priest would become the ultimate stud...

Now I took care to kick Whitaker's pot down to 50. :king:

I was so mad when I saw that Whitaker bitch. Then I laughed because of his picture.

I added Briere too, he has a great shot. I think mine was Aebischer (like Buffalo needs another goalie), Streit and Zednik for him. I then traded Ribs and a pick for MA Bergeron...who is really fast.

My lineup is just insane now. Basically, the lowest rated guy is 90 OA... and I can score at will with him because he has the perfect size/weight, can't be knocked off the puck and has sweet wrist shot.

3rd Cup in a row, here I come.

My lineup is just insane now. Basically, the lowest rated guy is 90 OA... and I can score at will with him because he has the perfect size/weight, can't be knocked off the puck and has sweet wrist shot.

3rd Cup in a row, here I come.

woah, have you slept in the past week?

I really, really hope Koz has done a lot of simming.

I've got two dynasties going now, one that I can sim every now and then and another where I play every game. The simming one is Colorado because I don't really like playing with that team and my playing one is with Calgary.

Tanguay - Sundin - Iginla

Huselius - Arnason - Wolski

Yelle - Peca - Laperierre

McEachern - Lundmark - Nilson

Ro. Regehr - Phaneuf

Skrastins - Ference

Ri.Regehr - Zyuzin

Kipprusoff

McLennan

With Colorado, I simmed ahead a season (Sakic, Turgeon and Brisebous all retired. Didn't expect Sakic to go) so I'm left without a true #1 C so I'm attempting to turn Brad Richardson into a star. And I have no idea how the FA season works, I had guys on my team with a 0 under their contract year but still played. I was under the assumption that if a player had a 1 there, he'd become a FA after that season but now I think I'm wrong.

I'm so frustrated with the betarded AI in this game. You'll have a glut of players right in front of the net (literally 5 combined) just playing ring around the ****ing rosie while you attempt to pass the puck (or circle around waiting for an open player). Either it'll bounce off an opposing Dman, or they'll somehow hook you from 4 metres away and tie you up along the boards.

Even worse is my defense, who wait back at centre ice (and i'm on Aggressive), so when i pass back, they can't get to the blueline in time.

You'd think they could afford gamers like ourselves to test the product first, let them know the bugs before it's released.

blech

Edited by TheAussiePosse

I'm so frustrated with the betarded AI in this game. You'll have a glut of players right in front of the net (literally 5 combined) just playing ring around the ****ing rosie while you attempt to pass the puck (or circle around waiting for an open player). Either it'll bounce off an opposing Dman, or they'll somehow hook you from 4 metres away and tie you up along the boards.

Even worse is my defense, who wait back at centre ice (and i'm on Aggressive), so when i pass back, they can't get to the blueline in time.

You'd think they could afford gamers like ourselves to test the product first, let them know the bugs before it's released.

blech

Yeah its my biggest gripe with the game.

The mosh pit in front of the net is such a pain. Can't get a shot through or even try to skate out of it with all the hooking.

Speaking of hooking, I took it to the minimum and I still get insanely hooked and blocked. Lecavalier, in particular, can't get a shot off without being hooked or blocked. Frustrating. That's why I put a bigger penalty level. Its the only way I can get some form of pay back.

One of the stupid thing that bugs me is the ing center-ice faceoffs. HOW LONG can the wingers stay there after the faceoff is done? If I win the faceoff and dart in the offensive zone, I have to skate around forever to wait for the other players to catch up. WTF? And yes, I play "all out offense". Helloooo? AOO! WTF are you idiots doing in the neutral zone?

I mentionned it before, but the D-men AI is just horrible. Come on! They dont even bulge when the puck is right next to them, especially on the point. That's true for all players though.

And goalies have stupid AI too. They have perfect post-to-post lateral movement and will stop any cross-crease one-timer. Yet take a weak wrist shot from anywhere in front of him and they wont bulge.

The size vs speed thing is stupid too. A 5'9" guy with 70 of speed will outrun a 6'4" guy with 90 of speed. I made a player that's 5'4". You can bet the bugger is flying out there.

Speaking a creating players, if nobody knew this prog yet, try it. Its a roster editor: http://www.artemkh.com/nhlview.html Pretty handy to do some nifty stuff.

BTW, with NHL View I found out that Heino-Lindbergh was in the game on some Euro team so I duplicated him to put him on the Habs. If you find any other kids from the Habs, let me know please!

So is the verdict in on which game is better NHL 2k7 or EA's NHL 07?

This thread should have included a poll... grrr! :P

....I was planning on picking up one of the two games after work for Xbox... but i've read so many reviews on nhl 07 vs nhl 2k7.. my head is spinning... :S

Edited by newf

So is the verdict in on which game is better NHL 2k7 or EA's NHL 07?

This thread should have included a poll... grrr! :P

....I was planning on picking up one of the two games after work for Xbox... but i've read so many reviews on nhl 07 vs nhl 2k7.. my head is spinning... :S

2K7 is shit, don't get it at all. Ask around, I'm a big 2k fan and this years is terrible, go for EA's. Loads better.

Streit and Cube are awesome

Yeah, and Streits' playoff beard..

BTW, with NHL View I found out that Heino-Lindbergh was in the game on some Euro team so I duplicated him to put him on the Habs. If you find any other kids from the Habs, let me know please!

Danny Groulx, Kassel Huskies, DEL

Oskari Korpikari, Karpat, SM-LIIGA

Edited by mathieu30

Just found what looks like a bug in the Dynasty mode.

All the game's best players who turn Free Agents stay Free Agents because no team can afford them. Basically all teams are close to cap. So Thornton, Forsberg, Sakic, Gagne, etc have no place to play. Talk about sucky.

Just found what looks like a bug in the Dynasty mode.

All the game's best players who turn Free Agents stay Free Agents because no team can afford them. Basically all teams are close to cap. So Thornton, Forsberg, Sakic, Gagne, etc have no place to play. Talk about sucky.

Yeah, I noticed that too, albeit it was Staal and Lidstrom.

Even worse is the salary cap isn't in an easy place to find, so you sign people and discover you can't play again until you lower your cap.

I'm on my 5th season now (it's uni holidays, give me a break :D) and Calgary (with Koivu centering Tanguay and Iginla) has won four Cups.

Too bad I'm Montreal *sigh*