Anyone Picked Up 07/2k7 Yet?

jetsniper

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I noticed that too, albeit it was Staal and Lidstrom.

Even worse is the salary cap isn't in an easy place to find, so you sign people and discover you can't play again until you lower your cap.

I'm on my 5th season now (it's uni holidays, give me a break :D ) and Calgary (with Koivu centering Tanguay and Iginla) has won four Cups.

Too bad I'm Montreal *sigh*

Well, using NHL View I managed to ship all the UFAs to various teams. I want a little more competition en route to my 4th Stanley Cup (yet 40 games in the season I'm 34-2-0-4). The cap is a real problem. I had to let go alot of top players (Gagne, Higgins, Price, two of my top 3 d-men, etc) but with drafts and trades I managed to have some sweet depth.

I picked it up the other day, its okay, i got the Xbox version, Wish i could get a 360 and get it for that

Trying to sim through a season and still have a decent season for me is ****ing hard as hell. I think No matter what I do, my team can't score. My top line is Iginla-Datsyuk-Ovechkin and I CAN'T SCORE!

ARGH!

I picked it up the other day, its okay, i got the Xbox version, Wish i could get a 360 and get it for that

i got the xbox version of 2k7 as well.. its ok, i'm playing it a couple hours a day hahaha.. but i heard some people talking about how its possible to put it in simulation mode and ajust some settings so that the gameplay is really good.... does anyone know anything about that? or did i dream it up? hahaha

started a franchise with montreal.. drafted briere and i got 5 goals with him in th efirst game hahah :D

Edited by newf

So is it worht the $40 price tag it comes at in Canada? I'm waiting for 2k7 to get out on PS2 to make my final decision tough, I'll buy only one.

So is it worht the $40 price tag it comes at in Canada? I'm waiting for 2k7 to get out on PS2 to make my final decision tough, I'll buy only one.

Don't bother waiting, 2K7 isn't worth it.

$40 bucks is a steal, I paid 60 and feel I got my moneys worth.

I've just found something that looks like a bug... again...

If you have players who have 99 in a category, and that your training is boosted to the max because of upgrades; your player will actually get worse.

Worst effect is faceoffs, for example. If you got a guy with 99 faceoff and the training boosts faceoffs, your guy won't be able to win a goddamn faceoff.

Another example: if you've got a goalie with 99 everywhere and your training boosts goalies, tough luck, your goalie will let everything go in.

It sucks. You can't even chose "no training"! Shitty programming.

Why not just put all your training sliders to 0?

And I've yet to run into that cap problem you mentioned before. One or two players (star players) will go maybe a month or two without getting signed (the worst I've seen is Marleau being signed in December) but thats about it.

Because you can't change them... there's no sliders there. You pick a training and it boosts certain attributes, that's all.

Wow, really?

I've got sliders that I can change, kinda how EHM training works.

REALLY glad I got the 360 version now.

Well, I'm like 6 games into the season... not as die hard as you...

Some good discoveries:

-Cheechoo is "ok" on the RW... but he is a frikkin KILLER on the LW... try it, it's worth it. Every shot gets in... :mellow:

-Run and Gun one timers with Sammy are the most beautiful. he flies from nowhere right in the crease and scores... not that often, but when he does, that's a thrill

-It is worth it to get Leopold. WOW, what a stud. Less prolific than Markov, but he hits and skates :o

Well, I'm like 6 games into the season... not as die hard as you...

Some good discoveries:

-Cheechoo is "ok" on the RW... but he is a frikkin KILLER on the LW... try it, it's worth it. Every shot gets in... :mellow:

-Run and Gun one timers with Sammy are the most beautiful. he flies from nowhere right in the crease and scores... not that often, but when he does, that's a thrill

-It is worth it to get Leopold. WOW, what a stud. Less prolific than Markov, but he hits and skates :o

The Colorado d-man that makes me laugh the most is Liles. I don't know what they did to his hitting but I can absolutely destroy people with his checking, pick up the puck and burn down the ice with his speed and then use his laser wrist shot to put one over the goalies shoulder.

REALLY not the Liles I'm accustomed too, he's gone all Phaneuf on me.

im buying it today- is latrendesse on the canadiens roster? to get the current roster will i have to do a lot of editing?

Latendresse is not in the game anywhere!

You can create him though I made him a 79 with a 95 for potential!

yeah but they wont pronounce his name will they- sod that for a game of soldiers ill just have the current roster but use someone else in his place. thats shocking i hate it when they dont have the current exact squad. who would u use instead?

at the time of game creation, latendresse had not played a NHL game - that is the standard to get in the game.

The roster is not perfect, but you can download a pretty good roster update if your system has internet access (i got mine over my PS2)

What about game settings? I have the PS2 version, and it seems like every game I play (set on medium difficulty, 5 minute periods), the computer scores like 4 goals on 8 shots in the first period, I score 1 goal on 8 shots. The goalies are terrible. Way too many games end with like a 7-5 score (and the computer hardly ever shoot more than 20 shots). Is there a way to adjust that?

Edited by Doktor Kosmos

What about game settings? I have the PS2 version, and it seems like every game I play (set on medium difficulty, 5 minute periods), the computer scores like 4 goals on 8 shots in the first period, I score 1 goal on 8 shots. The goalies are terrible. Way too many games end with like a 7-5 score (and the computer hardly ever shoot more than 20 shots). Is there a way to adjust that?

:o so its like nhl 2006 then ?