Clarke Trying To Steal Kesler ?

House11

I think Clarke might have screwed every team for next season ... especially the HABS !!!

I was reading on TSN that now that Kesler will get $1.9 mil for this year ... he'll have to qualified next season at $1.9 mil and that will be comparible in arbitration and RFA negotiations ... if he tanks and say he scores 10-15 goals again ... what do you think other RFA that are his age that score that little are going to want ... what will Prezhogin , Plekanec , Komi , Higgins all going to want ? they're going to want what he's getting or close to it ! :angry2: Even Fanpuck said now that Kessler is getting 1.9 what Zherdev won't want anything under 3 mill !

if this gets blown out or perportion its going to suck for alot of teams. hopefully the players/GM's will come to there senses before this gets out of hand.

Stupid Clarke :angry2: also on TSN they think that this was some sort of payback because Nonis wouldn't trade Kessler to Philly.

It has got to be payback. According to a man who's name cannot be mentioned outside of the rumour thread...there was a supposed trade in the works that went sour. Clarke wanted Kesler but Vancouver was hoping to sign him for less and possibly sign Carter. Philly also wanted Carter and by making Vancouver pay more for Kesler it makes them give up the chance to get Carter...hence Carter has to look elsewhere. yada,yada

I think Clarke might have screwed every team for next season ... especially the HABS !!!

I was reading on TSN that now that Kesler will get $1.9 mil for this year ... he'll have to qualified next season at $1.9 mil and that will be comparible in arbitration and RFA negotiations ... if he tanks and say he scores 10-15 goals again ... what do you think other RFA that are his age that score that little are going to want ... what will Prezhogin , Plekanec , Komi , Higgins all going to want ? they're going to want what he's getting or close to it ! :angry2: Even Fanpuck said now that Kessler is getting 1.9 what Zherdev won't want anything under 3 mill !

if this gets blown out or perportion its going to suck for alot of teams. hopefully the players/GM's will come to there senses before this gets out of hand.

Stupid Clarke :angry2: also on TSN they think that this was some sort of payback because Nonis wouldn't trade Kessler to Philly.

Yeah, but what goes around comes around.

The universe will balance out. What will hurt our pocket book will screw 29 others too. Hopefully the "balanced universe" keeps us stable.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=177368&hubname=nhl

As much as I hate the $$ amount of the deal Clarke offered Kessler ... I love and totally agree with what he says in this article ... he's playing by the rules and doing what ever it takes to improve his team to try to win a cup ... i'm sure that would make the fans happy =)

that would be collusion. :o

Gentleman's agreement my ass...it is collusion, plain and simple, and it is wrong. There's nothing wrong with giving a RFA an offer sheet if you feel they are worth X dollars over Y years. After all, without that mechanism in place, there's nothing 'free' about being a RFA!!!

I don't get what the big deal is with salaries that are being "driven up". Everyone has the same amount to spend, it's just a matter of who has the cap space to afford said player. It's not like the old days when a player got so expensive only Toronto or Detroit could afford him. Arnott was one of the top free agents out there and he was signed by one of the most unlikely teams in Nashville. Just like last offseason when Nashville and Columbus came out of nowhere to sign Kariya and Foote.

I just read the TSN article and agree with Clarke's statements. RFAs change teams in other pro leagues with GMs getting outraged, what's the difference? Screw the gentleman's agreement and let's play ball!

Edited by huzer

The salary cap is really 54% of revenues which is a foolproof way of insuring cost certainty. Sure some players will get paid more than they are worth but at the end of the year the league makes sure they get their money thanks to the escrow. If anything the rich players are taking money away from the 2nd and 3rd tier players who will have to pay back a percentage of their salary. Of course the first year looks like the NHL will actually have to pay the players more but if salaries continue to rise then the escrow will make sure it is stable.

The Canucks have matched.

www.canucks.com

www.tsn.ca

In all honesty NONIS was playing with fire having 10 players signed at 30 Mil Getting Luongo and dealing Bert and not being able to sign Carter at 2.5 Milion Now Trevor Linden for 1/10 of what Marcus Naslund is getting! ... I mean come on! if there was one team I would pick on other than the Isles it was the Knuckle heads ( seeing as that Clarke had to pick on a team from the west!

Nonis should be more than Happy if this is the only obstacle he faces!

Clarke is a silly boy. :blink::blink::blink::blink:

:king: :hlogo: :king: