Official HW Beer Thread

JLP

Fanpuck sez: "Budweiser IS GREAT BEER" :blink: :puke: :?-

Then Alexstream sort of argues that he also like mass-produced beer better than microbrews :blink::huh::o

Wassup wit youse sense of taste?

Beer Talk Begins

I love beer

and been games

has anyone seen Beerfest it is amazing!

And technically since this is HABS WORLD there should be no age on this thread because many countries do not have legal drinking ages and many are very very low!!

Edited by JMMR

there is no one beer for every season. I have had a lot of fun with micros and mass-produced.

I love my molson ex, Labatt 50, etc...

I'm down with the Budvar and the Starropramen..

I love my Berkshire Brewing Company beer out of massachusetts or my Upland out of Indiana.

I even can enjoy a Miller Lite...

A beer for every person and every person gets a beer.

I love beer

and been games

has anyone seen Beerfest it is amazing!

And technically since this is HABS WORLD there should be no age on this thread because many countries do not have legal drinking ages and many are very very low!!

Yeah, just wanted to give the underagers a thrill when they "sneak into" the thread :P

:king: GERMAN BEER = Best in the World!!!! :king:

(Ok maybe Czech is better)

Let's see here... Pierre posted in a beer thread, but I can't see what he posted. He lives around St. Louis, and hates everything there. Budweiser has a plant there. I'm guessing he's hating on Budweiser. Am I right?

I admit, I'm not the best judge, as IC Light is the only beer I've ever actually liked. The others on my list are really ones that I can tolerate drinking. So really, if a beer goes down like water, I like it. If it weren't for the hilarity of college parties and silly drunkeness, I'd probably never drink beer. Damn, I miss college.

My tops:

1. IC Light: Brewed in Pittsburgh, but not a microbrewery. Goes down beautifully and comes in freaking aluminum bottles. And Tex will like this, I have one bottle with Jerome Bettis on it

2. Budweiser cans: Also goes down smooth, no "bitter beer face." Don't know why, but the cans taste better than bottles or tap to me.

3. Labatt Blue: Pretty good stuff, was pissed when BW3 was tapped out when I was there watching hockey once

4. Moslon: The taste is ok, but I love the funny quips on the bottles

5. Natural Light: Cheapest stuff they sell down here, so its popular on college campuses. It's an acquired taste, to say the least, but it grew on me enough that I like it now. It's made by Budweiser, and there is a brewery of theirs here in Columbus. When they used to give tours, we always found it interesting there were no vats of "Nati Light." Got us thinking. We decided it tasted a lot like Bud Light, so we started administering blind taste tastes. Everyone who took it failed miserably at telling the difference. Our theory is that Nati LIght is simply the bottom gallons in the Bud Light vats.

Worst:

1. Chocolate Beer: Friend and I thought it sounded interesting. . . It wasn't. He couldn't finish his can, so I took the rest of the pack to the face, chugging them with a clothespin on my nose to help muffle the taste.

2. Flying Dog Winter Ale: a fine example of microbrewery crap. Worst regular beer ever

3. Holy Moses: another example of crappy microbreweries

4. Any Dark Beer: Never found one I've been able to finish

P.S. 21 and over in the States :P

dunno if in the US "microbrew" means natural ingredients and no additives or you can qualify if you have a tub and tubes in your garage, but the thing with a natural product is there are naturally more chances of variation. So you have to sample and settle in on a real, good and consistant brew.

That's being discriminating

Or you can drink Budweiser, eat Arby's and watch CNN and basically just load up on crap :puke: :P

And I don't hate everything made or created in St. Louis. I like toasted ravioli, and thin crust pizza.

Do you still have that "Veiled Prophet" festival? Chanced on that once it was pretty weird. :unsure:

ok found the answer http://www.fairstlouis.com/

It looks like it was more was fun when I was there in like '88

homer_simpson_beer.gif

my game-day beer is kokanee but there a belgian beer thats call kwak (gotta love that name!!) that just out of this world..maybe mathieu30 knows about it

or you can qualify if you have a tub and tubes in your garage

My roommates two years ago had a beer machine. It was kinda akward moving in that year. My parents and I are unloading my stuff into the house (we were all under 21 at the time) and there sat a beer maker in the kitchen, first thing we saw when we walked in. I didn't drink at the time, so I never tasted it, but it didn't make anyone go blind, so it couldn't have been too bad.

Or you can drink Budweiser, eat Arby's and watch CNN and basically just load up on crap :puke: :P

Yes to the first, no to the 2nd, maybe to the third. When you drink, it's all about Wendy's and the 99 cent value menu. That is, as long as our housemate who didn't drink was around to drive our drunk asses there.

homer_simpson_beer.gif

"...needs more dog"

my game-day beer is kokanee but there a belgian beer thats call kwak (gotta love that name!!) that just out of this world..maybe mathieu30 knows about it

Yeah had Kwak I think, good -- here as there are no micros yet it's Japanese mass-produced (Yebisu is the best) or I do Grolsh or Urquell or pints at the britpub (Boddington's)

Getting thirsty...

Yeah had Kwak I think, good -- here as there are no micros yet it's Japanese mass-produced (Yebisu is the best) or I do Grolsh or Urquell or pints at the britpub (Boddington's)

Getting thirsty...

I have heard that this Urquell was good I may try some this week!!

Fanpuck sez: "Budweiser IS GREAT BEER" :blink: :puke: :?-

Then Alexstream sort of argues that he also like mass-produced beer better than microbrews :blink::huh::o

Wassup wit youse sense of taste?

Beer Talk Begins

Dear God, I can forgive Fanpuck for not agreeing with me. I can tolerate his defense of the moron in chief, I can wince and try to forget that he thinks the US in Irag is doing some good for the world.... but is there no depth to which he won't sink? Budweiser a good beer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :puke: :puke: :puke:

He must be refering to the original Czech repulic brew(which is actually pretty good) and not the American version.

BTW: Grolsh Dark is one of the best beers I have ever tasted. It is more a brown ale and Newcastle Brown Ale is yummy too. This is making me thristy too bad I dont have any beer...I need to make a run.

JLP, you should know that it's 16 year's and older here in Holland. So your age limit is bogus ;)

So you've been in HOlland, offcourse we have mass-products but our Heineken and GRolsch is quite good.

Back in the days (i dont drink anymore) i use to love Belgian beer's, some German. But also the Dutch. Grolsch has a very strong taste, i love that one especially in the pub (Not out of a bottle). Heineken is not as strong as Grolsch, i like those in glas or pub. And there are all the season beers. The best one is "Grolsch Herfstbok", thats the beer you drink in Autumn. It's darker, but also sweeter. IT's the best, also not so heavy so you can drink more than a couple. Taste it and you drink it still in summer :D.

On holiday in FRance i use to drink Kronenbourg, it's a bit weak but still has a good taste. You drink more of it than you drink of normal beer.

Weissen beer from Germany is almost the best!!

JLP, you should know that it's 16 year's and older here in Holland. So your age limit is bogus

What age limit? I was saying how many beers to drink :P

Yes mass-produced beers in Belgium/Holland/Germany/Czech are MUCH better than in other places because they are made pure without additives and unpasteurized so it's a healthy living food :D :king: .

As for German Weiss beer is nice but I can have only one or too before I want a "real" one. Schneiderweiss we can get here in Jpn as well, but not the same as drinking it fresh in Germany.

Oh, in Holland this year I always drank the "flauchu" (no idea how to spell it) size, the small glass of draft beer (maybe 220cl?) I prefer that to the Brit style of a PINT which has lost its quality before you finish.

With a "flauchu" glass I think you I can drink 18 for sure!

What a great topic.

I like pretty much any beer but have a hard time drinking the really dark heavy stouts like Guiness. That was on special one night and that crap ruined me for several days. It was like I mixed cement in my stomach.

The best beer I have had is a Ringwood and Lime...made at the Granite Brewery in Halifax. I am also a fan of reds like Rickards, Clancy's etc.

Top 5 for me:

Ringwood and Lime

Alexander Keith's

Clancy's

Corona

Molson Canadian...they once owned the Habs so that hooked me.

Edited by Mr. Nasty

Beer was an acquired taste for me... but once I acquired it, there was no looking back. The first beer I liked was Molson Ex, and still have a soft spot for it. At a bar, nothing beats an ice cold Rickard's Red. I like the flavour of some of the dark beers, as long as they're not too bitter.

Lately, my bottled beer of choice is Laker, both to support the local economy (Brick Brewery in Waterloo) and reduce the impact on my wallet (2-4 for 24).

I must confess, I can't stand Budweiser. I think it's popularity is mainly among people who don't like beer.

What a great topic.

I like pretty much any beer but have a hard time drinking the really dark heavy stouts like Guiness. That was on special one night and that crap ruined me for several days. It was like I mixed cement in my stomach.

:D good description! Yeah one or maybe two pints of Guinness max, it's like having a brick of butter for chrissakes...

That Rickards Red, yup, I tried a few this summer in Quebec -- quite nice!

Guiness is actually a light beer if you can believe that.

But I am not a fan either tastes too much like coffee!

put apple cider in the bottom...it's called black velvet and it rules

"No TV and no beer make Homer go something-something."

"Go crazy?"

"Don't mind if I do! Ooh! Aah! Bleah! Blah! ... more random noises ..."

one of my favourite Homer momments :lol:

Ahhh, beer.

Molson Ex, Labatt Blue, Erdinger, Hoegaarden, Blue Paddle, Stella, Harp, Sierra Nevada, Anchor Steam, Laughing Lab, 1554, Fat Tire, Breckenridge Vanilla Porter, Avalanche, Single Track...

And that's just what's in my beer fridge right now.