Official HW Beer Thread

JLP

What age limit? I was saying how many beers to drink :P

Yes mass-produced beers in Belgium/Holland/Germany/Czech are MUCH better than in other places because they are made pure without additives and unpasteurized so it's a healthy living food :D :king: .

As for German Weiss beer is nice but I can have only one or too before I want a "real" one. Schneiderweiss we can get here in Jpn as well, but not the same as drinking it fresh in Germany.

Oh, in Holland this year I always drank the "flauchu" (no idea how to spell it) size, the small glass of draft beer (maybe 220cl?) I prefer that to the Brit style of a PINT which has lost its quality before you finish.

With a "flauchu" glass I think you I can drink 18 for sure!

Haha so thats 18 and more. And your talking about "Flauchu" had me thinking, but i think i know what you mean. We call it "Fluitje", it's indeed not a big glass, and the glass is very thin. It drinks very very good. Fluitje means Whistle, but i have to look it up why it's called that way. We also have the "Amsterdammertje" called after our capital. Its a bit bigger than the "Fluitje" and the glass is also a bit thicker. Drinks also very good.

I believe Grolsch Export is not the same as the Grolsch we have here. But Grolsch is a real Man's beer, thats how it's advertised. For real guys, cuz it's stronger. There slogan was for a while: You got beer, and you got Grolsch. The factory is 10 min's away from my house. It's huge and looks really great. You can see it from the highway, the huge Tanks. I also went to the old brewer, and they had a pub inside the factory, where you could taste the new beers. I nearly got wasted there.

Ahhh, beer.

Molson Ex, Labatt Blue, Erdinger, Hoegaarden, Blue Paddle, Stella, Harp, Sierra Nevada, Anchor Steam, Laughing Lab, 1554, Fat Tire, Breckenridge Vanilla Porter, Avalanche, Single Track...

And that's just what's in my beer fridge right now.

Hoegaerden and Erdinger are the best. Hoegaerden white beer is very nice on a hot summer day!

Well im 18 so i guess i can participate (even the the drinking age here is 19) :wall:

When i don't feel like going really cheap im always buying Blue. Its really what got me liking beer in the first place. Moosehead is also a good one.

As far as the cheap beers, Lakeport Honey and Carling are the best bets.

28 posts and nobody mentioned the Westvleteren 'trappist'. Unbelievable!

Westvleteren is without a doubt the best beer in the world. If you know Leffe and trappist of Westmalle you have good taste as well. ;)

We didnt start yet with the belgian beers, that was for later. First the normal beers, and than the masterdraft ;). Belgian, yup thats gotta be beer country number one, especially if you look at the special beers.

It's kind of cool to see that people from all over the world has so many different opinions on beer.

I've read that Germany makes the best beer in the world. I couldn't agree less. Czech Republic is in a division of their own.

I haven't tried even half of all the American labels suggested in this thread but my absolute favourite American been is the Samuel Adams Boston Lager.

I also find it odd that the people from Holland prefers Hoegarden over their own Grolsch.

Brooklyn Lager is also rather good while Miller is like having sex in a canute...

The Best Beer of The World:

1. Pilsner Urquell, Czech Republic

2. Staropramen Granat, Czech Republic

3. Grolsch, Holland

4. Warsteiner, Germany

5. Breznak, Czech Republic

6. Singha, Thailand

7. Jever, Germany

8. Zlatopramen, Czech Republic

9. Samuel Adams Boston Lager, USA

10. Cobra, India

worst beer in the world: THE PISS THAT IS SERVED AT THE BELL CENTER :puke:

take a normal keg of molson ex( already a terrible beer) and use 1/4 beer and 3/4 water.

it makes foam like you couln't imagine.

the best of all: charge 8,50 for one glass.

and some people go for seconds just can't believe it

Not a huge beer drinker but I dont mind it once in a while.

1.Alexander Keiths

2.Molson

3.Corona

4.Labatt

5.Alpine....Its all my roommate drinks so I have a few occasionally.

BEERFEST is the funniest movie Ive seen in a loooong time.

:hlogo:

They use a "Fluitje" especially in pubs, and it's mainly used for light beers. Heavy beers(with more alcohol) have more Aroma and thats better in a thick heavy glass.

This is a "Fluitje"

Yup that's the one! (thirsty again) There is something elegant about the shape and weight and the beer is always fresh and cold. Pub beers in pints and steins are ok but this is the best way to drink beer I think. It's ok to swig from a bottle outside when weather is hot (oh, can't drink outside in many countries I guess but it's ok in Japan). I don't like plastic cups like at the Bell Center etc, and for sure -- cans finish last.

*has vision of Fanpuck driving his pickup, firing empty Bud cans at a group of anti-war protesters*

i can't believe we've gone through 20 posts without mentioning Unibroue!

Fin de Monde, Maudite... fantastic.

Yeah not bad beers kind of heavy good for winter (where room temperature beer "one off the shelf" is sometimes drunk in Québec) -- I think that company Unibroue used to be owned by Robert Charlebois!

CHARLEB.GIF

LOL! I could say something really nasty here but I don't want Fanpuck to have to go into the corner for being a bad little boy like last time. ;):lol: :can:

Hey you were both name calling last time, anyway we all realize we have our Bush-lovers and our Bush-haters here but let's remember we are all united by the Club de Hockey Canadien!

(Plus -- probably you can say what you will, I think Fanpuck has you on "ignore")

Anyway, this is a BEER thread, so let's try to leave out the other things like Budweiser. :puke: :lol::P

After today's HWL sim I need a fuggin beer -- any beer!!!

(yes, even a B*dweiser...)

Hey you were both name calling last time, anyway we all realize we have our Bush-lovers and our Bush-haters here but let's remember we are all united by the Club de Hockey Canadien!

(Plus -- probably you can say what you will, I think Fanpuck has you on "ignore")

Anyway, this is a BEER thread, so let's try to leave out the other things like Budweiser. :puke: :lol::P

After today's HWL sim I need a fuggin beer -- any beer!!!

(yes, even a B*dweiser...)

well bush is a good beer..I don't see people would hate bush ?? :wacko:

We all realize we have our Bush-lovers and our Bush-haters here

I'm not a Bush lover. I voted for him and support much of what he does, but I have my beefs with some of the things he says and does. I'm not one of those people who follows a party or president blindly.

*has vision of Fanpuck driving his pickup, firing empty Bud cans at a group of anti-war protesters*

I really don't appreciate that. First of all, I find pickup trucks absolutely silly for people who don't actually need one, like a construction worker. Second, driving with empty beer cans implies drunk driving, which I have never done and find reprehensible. Third, I would never throw stuff at protesters. They have the right to do it as long as it doesn't break any laws and if it isn't offensive.

I realize it was meant as a joke, I just don't think it was in very good taste.

Now if only his posts didn't keeping showing up as quotes in everyone else's posts...

Anyways, time for some beer trivia: What was the first (American, not sure if it was first worldwide) beer to come in a can which did not require a can opener? This same beer was the first to use a twist off bottle cap.

I really don't appreciate that. First of all, I find pickup trucks absolutely silly for people who don't actually need one, like a construction worker. Second, driving with empty beer cans implies drunk driving, which I have never done and find reprehensible. Third, I would never throw stuff at protesters. They have the right to do it as long as it doesn't break any laws and if it isn't offensive.

:blink:

Anyways, time for some beer trivia: What was the first (American, not sure if it was first worldwide) beer to come in a can which did not require a can opener? This same beer was the first to use a twist off bottle cap.

Pittsburgh Brewing Company/Iron City Brewery...I had to Google it. :P