*note to self, need a...

"Great Debates Thread":

Wendy's vs McDonald's

Coke vs Pepsi

Fox vs CNN

Space Mountain vs Pirates of the Caribbean

Beatles vs Stones

Oooooh

McDonalds, Pepsi, CNN, Pirates of the Carribean, hate them both but if I had to choose, Beatles.

"Great Debates Thread":

Wendy's vs McDonald's

Coke vs Pepsi

Fox vs CNN

Beatles vs Stones

Wendy's by a long shot. Nothing beats a Junior Bacon Cheseburger for 99 cents. Such a good variety, such good prices, such good quality of food. Aside from fries, Wendy's beats McDonald's hands down.

No preference. I'm not even sure if I'd pass a blind taste test. I just like cola in general.

Fox, but I don't really trust any cable news network. I've become very cynical over the last couple years. I don't trust the media or politicians.

Did they reopen Pirates of the Caribbean after the success of the film? I was there in 1994 and they were just starting to tear it down.

Beatles.

Pirates of the Carribean

Oh yeah? :angry:

Better than SPACE FUGGIN' MOUNTAIN?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

do the Pirates get up to a top speed of 28.7 miles per hour (46 km/h)????

I've become very cynical over the last couple years. I don't trust the media or politicians.

You trust Bush! The worst one you could trust! :o

Anyway this thread is more about, like, ummmm... Suede vs Leather -- or, if you prefer -- Space Mountain vs Pirates of the Caribbean.

(And yes Pirates is still thrilling visitors at Disneyland, Magic Kingdom, Tokyo Disneyland, and Disneyland Paris theme parks)

Wendy's vs McDonald's: They both suck

Coke vs Pepsi Coke no question

Fox vs CNN I can't stomach either of them

Space Mountain vs Pirates of the Caribbean No pref

Beatles vs Stones Love them both

Fellini vs Godard ?

Suede vs Leather leather

Ski-Doo vs Arctic Cat I 'd take either one

Kirin vs Sapporo Like them both, mebbe Kirin has a slight edge

Melbourne vs Sydney See item One(just kidding have friends in Melbourne that I would like to visit some day.

"Great Debates Thread":

Wendy's vs McDonald's

Coke vs Pepsi

Fox vs CNN

Beatles vs Stones

Fellini vs Godard

Suede vs Leather

Ski-Doo vs Arctic Cat

Kirin vs Sapporo

Melbourne vs Sydney

ashamed to say Mc D.

pepsi

Beatles

suede especially if there's a swedish lass wearing it :P

You trust Bush! The worst one you could trust! :o

I stand by my statement. All politicians are dirty, but I don't think any of them are as dirty as people think Bush is. Lying to start a war, taking down the twin towers for political, gain, etc. I wouldn't accuse any politician of such things. Coverups and that kind of thing, sure, they probably happen all the time.

Also, it's not so much what they do that I don't trust, it's why they do it. For example, I do believe that we invaded Iraq because it was seen as a legitimate threat. However, I admit that it was likely invaded over other potential targets due to more personal reasons. I still believe going to Iraq was the right thing, but I think personal motive may have interfered with how the campaign was carried out. All politicians make personal decisions that potentially hurt the country. Clinton was no different. His sex scandal lost him a good deal of support in Congress, and due to that, he knew he wouldn't get enough support if he had tried to go after Osama between 1996 and 2000.

Do I trust that the Bush administration has made America a safer place? Absolutely. With help from our allies, we have killed and arrested countless terrorists who have actively planned attacks on US soil. No attack has been successfully carried out since 9-11. Do I trust that protectin America is the sole thing that motivates the administration? No. I pray that one day we will have a leader who can unite the country again, so we can start working together, instead of against each other.

In general, I think all politicians try to do things they think will help the country, but most of them are not motivated by helping the country. They are motivated by doing what will help their party and win votes in the next election. Very few politicians, in my opinion, have pure motives for doing what they do.

WE NEED A REAL LIFE DAVID PALMER! :)

And yes Pirates is still thrilling visitors at Magic Kingdom

Interesting, I wonder when they got it back up and running.

P.S. Mr. Nasty is the only other sane person in this thread. I know people think I'm nuts for liking Budweiser, but that's because I don't really like beer, and it tastes like nothing. But when it comes to food, let's just say I like food, thus I can actually judge it well. McDonalds equals crap. Lesser ingredients, leser quality of meat, lesser service (in general, based on my experiences at numerous venues of each). Plus, Dave Thomas was the man! (Has nothing to do with the fact he started Wendy's in downtown Columbus.) He was asked by Colonel Sanders to turn around some of his struggling KFC franchise stores, which Thomas turned into huge money makers, and he used that money to start the best fast food burger chain around.

Well to be honest, Wendys and McDonalds are both terrible. It's all about DQ or A&W. The Flamethrower or Steak Burger are two of my all-time favorites. I just like getting McDonalds' pancake sandwich thing from time to time. I think I had one every morning for my last semester of high school, those things are so good.

Well to be honest, Wendys and McDonalds are both terrible. It's all about DQ or A&W.

Ok, you disqualified. Nobody goes to DQ for the food. :P

I'm starting to wonder if Wendy's sends lesser ingredients to their Canadian chains, because down here, the two are not really comparable. I don't think I know anyone who would chose McDonalds over Wendy's, even if we have to drive further to get it.

Mc Donalds vs Wendy's (when i was in the states i went to Wendy's, but cant really remember it so if it doesnt stay in my memory i have to choose Mac. I like the Chickenburger, the rest is garbage. I hardly go there, they use to have such a great thing: The Mac Ribb. But they took it out of there assortiment, FOOLS!!)

Pepsi VS Coke (when i was younger i was a Pepsi fan, cuz it's much sweeter. Tastes like there is more sugar. I once did a try on to cups of coke without a lable and i could easily take the pepsi out of it. Nowadays i prefer Coke cuz the taste is just much better, and Pepsi i found nowadays to sweet. Ah well my teeth rott anyway :P)

Beatles vs Stones is a no-brainer. The stones are Pathetic. Beatles are just great. They invented in a way MTV. They were just so new, they were very inventive and very influential. I love Britpop also (i only like about two STones songs; Sympathy for the devil/Paint it Black, thnx to "Tour of Duty")

Edited by Dutch_Habs_Fan

I'm starting to wonder if Wendy's sends lesser ingredients to their Canadian chains, because down here, the two are not really comparable. I don't think I know anyone who would chose McDonalds over Wendy's, even if we have to drive further to get it.

No, Wendy's Canada uses the same quality of ingredients, and in fact import a good portion of their food from the U.S. (Don't ask how I know - I just do). But, on both sides of the border, McD's is #1. It's just a matter of taste, and to some degree, demographics. I happen to agree with you that Wendy's is much better, but I find myself dragged to McDonald's much more often because Wendy's doesn't have a play area! (sigh)

Coke.

Beatles. It's not even close when considering their respective whole careers: the Beatles had a groundbreaking, mindblowing 8 years, and the Stones had an exceptional 8 years or so too... out of 40+! But the Stones from around the Sticky Fingers/Exile on Main St. era compares well to the Beatles best work, quality-wise (although it's apples and oranges in terms of style).

Hehe. Just talked with my Mom, and she said it was Captain Nemo's ride that was being taken down when we were there, not Pirates of the Caribbean.

No, Wendy's Canada uses the same quality of ingredients, and in fact import a good portion of their food from the U.S. (Don't ask how I know - I just do). But, on both sides of the border, McD's is #1. It's just a matter of taste, and to some degree, demographics. I happen to agree with you that Wendy's is much better, but I find myself dragged to McDonald's much more often because Wendy's doesn't have a play area! (sigh)

I guess I agree to some degree. I know as a kid, all my friends and I loved McDonalds and never wanted to go to Wendy's. Now that toys and a play areas don't mean anything to us, we all choose Wendy's because the quality of food is so much better.

Ok, you disqualified. Nobody goes to DQ for the food. :P

I do... or at least I did when there was one nearby.

Flamethrowers are very good (for fast-food burgers)

While I respect the contributions of both the Stones and the Beatles, I am not the greatest fan of either. I guess between the two I opt for the beatles, but I am really more of a Who/Pink Floyd kind of guy.

"Great Debates Thread":

Wendy's vs McDonald's

Coke vs Pepsi

Fox vs CNN

Beatles vs Stones

IN N Out ^_^ ( its a california thing ) But I don't eat fast food anymore :)

Coke

I don't watch the news often ... if I do its Local News

Pirates ... I live like 10 miles from Disneyland but I haven't been in over a year ! go figure :lol:

Beatles

Edited by CaliHabsFan

"Great Debates Thread":

Wendy's vs McDonald's

Coke vs Pepsi

Fox vs CNN

Beatles vs Stones

Fellini vs Godard

Suede vs Leather

Ski-Doo vs Arctic Cat

Kirin vs Sapporo

Melbourne vs Sydney

Subway

Diet Pepsi/Diet Coke

BBC World Service

POC

U2

Almodóvar

Leather

Honda

Moosehead

Vancouver

:P

Wendy's vs McDonald's: Wendy's

Coke vs Pepsi: Pepsi

Fox vs CNN: Fox for entertainment

Space Mountain vs Pirates of the Caribbean: Pirates of the Caribbean

Beatles vs Stones: Wow, Beatles

Fellini vs Godard: ?

Suede vs Leather: Suede

Ski-Doo vs Arctic Cat: Artic Cat

Kirin vs Sapporo: Sapporo

Melbourne vs Sydney: Sydney

I can't believe no one here knows who Fellini and Godard are. They were GREAT film directors. I guess no one's cultured enough. :P

I knew them by name but I haven't seen any of their work so far.