Keith Primeau Expected To Retire

shortcat1

An article on tsn.ca states that Keith Primeau is expected to retire after missing pretty well the whole of the last season due to a concussion "after a hit from Montreal's Alexander Perezhogin"

:blink::blink::blink:Perezhogin! What a no-talent career-ending cement-head! :blink::blink::blink:

Here's the article:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=177302&hubname=

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Edited by shortcat1

Ummm what was wrong with the hit ... I don't remember any elbow ... all I remember was Perez catching Primeau with his head down. Some one who ( like Lindross ) should always keep his head up. It sucks because it's always a treat to watch Primeau skate :)

Ummm what was wrong with the hit ... I don't remember any elbow ... all I remember was Perez catching Primeau with his head down. Some one who ( like Lindross ) should always keep his head up. It sucks because it's always a treat to watch Primeau skate :)

It was a very innocent hit. There was no intention to injure.

When one considers the size of Perezhogin (HT: 6-0 WT: 185) compared to the size of Primeau (HT: 6-5 WT: 220), there's hardly sufficient mass on Perezhogin's part to have a career-ending impact on Primeau.

What likely happened is that, when Perezhogin hit Primeau, he got him when Primeau was off-balance or had his skate caught in a rut in the ice or some other mitigating circumstance.

In any case, this doesn't even fall in the same category the 'stick-swinging' incident which I also believe was partially accidental. Perezhogin is NOT that kind of player. Check his AHL stats and his Russian league stats (http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=2315&hubname=nhl-canadiens). He has, on average less than one minute of penalties per game... not the stuff of a 'Khazakstanian Killer'.

The cement-head, etc comment was facetious.

It's sad about Primeau but the blame can't be placed on Perezhogin's shoulders.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Edited by shortcat1

still love the name... "Khazakstanian Killer"

What if he could be a mix of Kasparaitis and Ovechkin? :DDDD

Scoring loads of goals and assists and at the same time being a painful player to be up against. This is not a post to say that he is an ugly player but agree that it would be kinda cool.

When one considers the size of Perezhogin (HT: 6-0 WT: 185) compared to the size of Primeau (HT: 6-5 WT: 220), there's hardly sufficient mass on Perezhogin's part to have a career-ending impact on Primeau.

Kinetic Energy = 1/2Mass x Velocity2

Had Keith never had a concussion before, that would be true. Every concussion makes it easy for a person to get another one, so less and less impact can cause a concussion. It wasn't so much that this concussion was so bad by itself, but because it was the last of a series of concussions.