Leafs Will Struggle For Playoff Berth

TheAussiePosse

This could be simply a kind of personal challenge to his players. I use that kind of 'psychology' with my students... it works.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

This could be simply a kind of personal challenge to his players. I use that kind of 'psychology' with my students... it works.

My thoughts exactly.

Tell them they "suck" (even if we all know it is actually true :P ) and each and every player has to turn up to camp with something to prove.

shortcat, this probably works with students as they have potential.

Unfortunately for LeafFans the coach is going to play Sundin like crazy and he is old in hockey terms. Also, WellWood, Stajan and Steen are way overrrated. Also is Oneil going to be good? Nope as he sucked in Carolina before his brother died in a car accident. And Raycroft when he won the calder was not that great. Habs kicked his butt. They upgraded their "D" but still, 1/3 to 1/4 of team salary in 4 defenseman...Yikes!

So in Leaf terms, they will fight for 10th or 11th spot. (Please note: playoff position is just my opinion and there is the remote possibility that I will be wrong)

Edited by InsaneAVSfan

This will work with many students/people. For some others it provides an excuse when they "fail". Thus, if the leafs start off slowly some players will quickly become resigned to the idea that they are not going to make the playoffs and that this is beyond their control.

Note that this is exactly the opposite approach to Gainey. Gainey tells his players that he expects them to win and he will provide them with whatever they need to win. This puts the onus and responsibilty squarely on on the players.

My thoughts exactly.

Tell them they "suck" (even if we all know it is actually true :P ) and each and every player has to turn up to camp with something to prove.

Also known as the Colin Technique. Dallas sucks!

No no no, you've got it wrong.

Montreal sucks!

*waits for the replies*

two words: andrew brunette. I think he's benoit brunet's little sister or something

also notice how the letters on your the colorado jersey go form the top to the bottom...well just like you team, finally

Edited by marky_and_komi

Leafs start the exibition year right by not scoring 5 on 5 and taking dumb penalties. Raycroft thinks he played good but he didn't play against Afinaganov and Drury.

Leaf fans paid top $$ for tickets including one idiot that paid $400 for scalper game tickets????

It's just too easy!

Edited by InsaneAVSfan