Anyone Else Getting Snow?

jetsniper

Haha.

Surprise is an understatement. Today is a perfect example, 7 AM there is sun everywhere, not a cloud in the sky, birds chirping. I think to myself "Finally, some good weather" and fall back asleep. I wake up at 9:30 and theres clouds everywhere and it's just pouring.

I remeber one day in febuary it went form 10C to-20 in like 8 hours. we had so much wind that I thought the bus shelter would get caught in the wind in fly away. it wasn't raining or anything but since I live 1Km from the st laurent river, the streets were all wet.

well if you enjoy mild temperature, you could move to vancouver.

if you like cold and wind: winterpeg is your place.

montreal is a bit colder in the winter but it's the humidity that really gets you. not that much snow if you compare to the rest of the province. in the summer you sweat like a pig but if you have the afternoon free, you sit your butt at les 3 brasseurs on st denis st and look at what montreal as best to offer: montrealerettes :blush:

if you like surprises I say move to calgary.

as for the atlantic provinces, I've haven't seen them yet. nicest people in canada though. I'll be seeing you guys next summer.

Yeah Montreal sounds like St. Louis in the Summer. Me I like Vancouver. If I can wear jeans year around (except for oh a couple weeks here and there when the temps go up a bit) I'd love it.

Yeah Winterpeg sounds dreadful.

Calgary reminds me a lot of Denver. Nice warm day the next then freezing cold right after it. You'll always here about a Rockies game being cancelled in September, October and March for blizzards. Its happend before. Only thing you got watch out for if the Rockies is forest fires. Not fun. Here in saint louis we've got floods, earthquakes, tornadoes, and deadly heat. eck.

I do like snow though, which Vancouver doesn't get but all I'd have to do is take a half hour trip up the mountains.

Okay here's a basic conversion

110 F (once every 10 years) = 43 C

100 F (hot day) = 37 C

90 F (summer) = 32 C

80 F (spring/fall) = 26 C

70 F (late fall) = 21 C

60 F (later fall) = 15 C

50 F (thanksgiving) = 10 C

40 F (christmas) = 4 C

30 F (snow in winter) = -1 C

20 F (cold snap) = -6 C

10 F (usually the low in winter during cold snap) = -12 C

0 F (once every couple of years) = -17 C

- 5 F (once every 5 years) = -20 C

-10 F (once every century) = -23 C

If you ask me that kind of sound like a Cup parade in Toronto.......

Yeah Montreal sounds like St. Louis in the Summer. Me I like Vancouver. If I can wear jeans year around (except for oh a couple weeks here and there when the temps go up a bit) I'd love it.

Yeah Winterpeg sounds dreadful.

Calgary reminds me a lot of Denver. Nice warm day the next then freezing cold right after it. You'll always here about a Rockies game being cancelled in September, October and March for blizzards. Its happend before. Only thing you got watch out for if the Rockies is forest fires. Not fun. Here in saint louis we've got floods, earthquakes, tornadoes, and deadly heat. eck.

I do like snow though, which Vancouver doesn't get but all I'd have to do is take a half hour trip up the mountains.

Calgary, we get flooding (thats more recent), nasty blizzards and ice storms, forest fires and tornadoes. Well not really Calgary for Tornadoes but the surrounding area can get hit pretty bad. Pine Lake anyone?

We also had really bad flooding last June (June 2005). It rained for about a week and there was already a ton of spring runoff from the mountains. Some areas of the city had a good 10-12 feet of water.

LOL thats nothing Jetsniper we had the flood of '93. People are still scared emotionally over that one.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/slideshow/flood935.nsf

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Flood_of_1993

This is how much the Mississippi River and Missouri River swelled in Saint Louis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Saint_L...Great_Flood.jpg

Edited by Pierre the Great

Oh I forgot to mention St. Louis has bizarre weather because of urban sprawl, its out of control here. The entire St. Louis Metro area extends in a 100 mile circle radius. You'd think thats fine but in a town of 300,000 and the suburbs of 2.0 million only, thats shocking. When the farthest suburb is 80 miles away from downtown STL you know this area has a sprawl problem.

The sprawl causes weather to change because where there used to be farm land is now houses. Houses release heat into the air, the air doesn't go anywhere so the heat is trapped creating a bubble. This leads to abnormal weather conditions in the winter. Basically Saint Louis has its own Global Warming problem created by pollution. During the winter and summer you'll see a giant storm brewing in the middle of the state and when it gets to the metro area it just falls apart due to the bubble of heat.

Edited by Pierre the Great

Oh I forgot to mention St. Louis has bizarre weather because of urban sprawl, its out of control here. The entire St. Louis Metro area extends in a 100 mile circle radius. You'd think thats fine but in a town of 300,000 and the suburbs of 2.0 million only, thats shocking. When the farthest suburb is 80 miles away from downtown STL you know this area has a sprawl problem.

The sprawl causes weather to change because where there used to be farm land is now houses. Houses release heat into the air, the air doesn't go anywhere so the heat is trapped creating a bubble. This leads to abnormal weather conditions in the winter. Basically Saint Louis has its own Global Warming problem created by pollution. During the winter and summer you'll see a giant storm brewing in the middle of the state and when it gets to the metro area it just falls apart due to the bubble of heat.

So your "Bubble Boy" ?

Gotta love this time of year. :P

Not in Sudbury yet... won't be too long though... sometime in late October or mid-November we should get our first fluffy falling. Won't last...

December's usually the time when it starts to stick around.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

With Thanks to Pierre TG

I miss rain and snow. Here's a basic conversion for the UAE

Summer: 45-50+ C every stinking miserable day= Thank God for summer vacation

110 F Everyday from late August till the end of Sept = 43 C= Araaagh, is it every going to cool off?

100 F (hot day) = 37 C -- Thank God its getting cooler

90 F (summer) = 32 C= Yea, Winter is almost here

80 F (spring/fall) = 26 C Winter hot day

70 F (late fall) = 21 C Winter nice day

60 F (later fall) = 15 C Winter blessedly cool day

50 F (thanksgiving) = 10 C 'Freezing' with the locals and those from the Indian sub-contintent wearing parkas gloves and touques

40 F (christmas) = 4 C Where is my jacket? They have cranked up the a/c waaay to far in my office

30 F (snow in winter) = -1 C NEVER HAPPENS

40 F (christmas) = 4 C Where is my jacket? They have cranked up the a/c waaay to far in my office

30 F (snow in winter) = -1 C NEVER HAPPENS

didn't snow in the sahara a few years ago ???

maybe it's your turn in a few years. watch out !!!