Whats The Best Spot In Your Town

MAK

I kinda know where everybody comes from but some of you guys I don't know much about your region.

now If I was to visit your area, what are the can't miss spots??

as I said in another thread, my favorite spot in montreal would be ST Denis st where you can have a nice cold beer and watch all the pretty( and I mean PRETTY) women montreal as to offer. If you like ugly architecture, I'd show you the olympic stadium.

I you like charming/scenic little town, you'd go in the laurentians : st sauveur and mont tremblant are the most popular town in this region.

I forgot to mention: WE HAVE THE GREATEST OCKEY CLUB IN MANKIND HISTORY :hlogo:

The famed 17th Ave is obviously somewhere you want to go. Personally, I like to grab a drink and hang out at Riley Park just off 14th street. Really nice park, theres a pool and you're guaranteed to see some Calgarian hotties going by (actually, I think a good 80-90% of the women here are hot). Going for a walk along Nose Hill gives you a great view of the city (and the mountains). Really good spot for a private picnic.

If you really want to have a good time though, it's obvious that you need to come during the beginning of July. The Stampede is one of the can't miss things in Calgary. I'm personally bored of it but I've gone every year since I was born. Oh..Prince's Island Park downtown is a really nice place to go as is the Devonian Gardens on top of TD Square.

And if you want to see the epitome of Calgary history, you visit Heritage Park. Taking the ferry across the resivoir is always nice. And we have the second largest zoo in Canada and is considered one of the best in the world. And as dorky as this sounds, the Science Center can be an interesting place to check out from time to time.

The best place for me, in my town, is my home. It's not a hot spot of any kind, I know but for me and my wife, it's just fine............. :):):)

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Columbus is pretty boring, aside from the Arena District. A lot of decent bars and of course the main attraction, Nationwide Arena. Nationwide is one of the top arenas in the league, and was voted by The Sproting News to be the top in-stadium experience in the US in 2002-2003.

Well if you want a good spot to eat in Fredericton then Issacs Way is the place. Its downtown on Carleton St. Its really good food and its been a favourite of mine for years.(It used to be a Rye's) Theres also El Burrito Loco(Its in the top 10 places to eat in Canada and is real good authentic Mexican food). Or if you like Chinese food go to the Jubilee Buffet on Prospect or The Diplomat beside the Delta Hotel.

For drinks Id have to say either Dolans Pub, The Snooty Fox, or The Capital which are downtown or The Hilltop Beverage Co. at well... the top of the Hill on Prospect St.

For sightseeing theres Odell Park and Zoo, or Officers Square downtown. Or the Christ Church Cathedral. UNB is also a nice spot to visit as its the oldest university in North America.

For Hockey and concerts theres the Aitken University Center at UNB (Home of the former AHL Fredericton Canadiens). And well if your into Comic books there is a great Comic Shop on York street by City Hall. Fredericton also has one of the top 10 golf courses in Canada at Kingswood Park.

Lastly the must see event in Fredericton is the Harvest Jazz and Blues Festival... Its a week long event dozens of performers coming from all over North America. Venues all over downtown and great music.

:hlogo:

Edited by The-Habby2919

I don't know, the Sudbury Arena is pretty busy :puke:

If K2 goes back to the Knights, I plan on being there for that game. The same for D'agostini's game, if he goes back.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Lots of stuff to do in Denver, you'd have to tell me what you like. Mountains to the west, LoDo is fun to go grab some beers (don't just stay until closing time, someone WILL think you're eyeing their girl and will want to fight you. 100% guaranteed.) All of the stadiums are downtown, Coors Field, Pepsi Center, Invesco at Mile High.

I guess I should mention Kananaskis as well. Beautiful scenery, beautiful park and a great golf course. :D. I always love to go camping in Bow Valley Provincial Park with my dad. Have had some good times out there, especially when you get a site along the beautiful Bow River.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Bow-river-banff-np.jpg

Stop it Jets you are making me depressed!!

Here's a good website about the city, warning though its quite depressing because it shows a lot of the cities urban decay in the historically segregated north side.

There's a lot of parallels between Winnipeg and St. Louis if you ask me.

http://www.builtstlouis.net/

Edited by Pierre the Great

In the boring suburb of Gatineau well mmm you have the boulevard Gréber with all the bars and stripper club :P

So where do you go for fun Jean? Ottawa? I heard that place is a snooze fest as well.

cross the bridge and be in be in hull(gatineau :puke: ), Québec :lol:

So where do you go for fun Jean? Ottawa? I heard that place is a snooze fest as well.

The By market area , Rideau Centre and Bank street are fairly interesting. Not anything close to what you can find in Montréal tough, but it's far superior to what you get in Gatineau. They're is also the Corel Centre ( I refuse to call it by its dumb new name) that is good but its sooooo far away.. it easilly takes 45 minutes on games day to get theyre. Considering than the Bell Centre is 2:15 - 2:30 away from me and I'm a much bigger Habs fan than Sens fan... Plus Bell Centre aint built in the middle of nowhere.

Altough if you're just looking to get drunk, the bars in my town do the job just fine. And we also have the Gatineau Olympiques in the Q, the field a competitve team year after year :)

Yeah it's in Kanata

Altough I have to be fair. It really was the middle of nowhere when it was first built but that sector has grown A LOT since.

Why didn't they decide to build a downtown arena.

To economise $$$ since land vavlue is considerably lower they're than in downtown.

in Gatineau we would like more means to get into Ottawa but Ottawa already have enough to get into Gatineau., so for them its not a big priority. They are more concerned with east-west trafic than in beetween the 2 provinces.

The famed 17th Ave is obviously somewhere you want to go. Personally, I like to grab a drink and hang out at Riley Park just off 14th street. Really nice park, theres a pool and you're guaranteed to see some Calgarian hotties going by (actually, I think a good 80-90% of the women here are hot). Going for a walk along Nose Hill gives you a great view of the city (and the mountains). Really good spot for a private picnic.

If you really want to have a good time though, it's obvious that you need to come during the beginning of July. The Stampede is one of the can't miss things in Calgary. I'm personally bored of it but I've gone every year since I was born. Oh..Prince's Island Park downtown is a really nice place to go as is the Devonian Gardens on top of TD Square.

And if you want to see the epitome of Calgary history, you visit Heritage Park. Taking the ferry across the resivoir is always nice. And we have the second largest zoo in Canada and is considered one of the best in the world. And as dorky as this sounds, the Science Center can be an interesting place to check out from time to time.

That's good stuff to know, jetsniper. I just moved to Calgary from Ottawa, and I've been here for two weeks. I've pretty much spent that entire time in my area in Varsity Acres and around the University, although I have been downtown a bit, mostly around 7th ave. I should go check some of that stuff out.