Why The Habsworld Id That You Use?

shortcat1

I can't think of a better way to word the title of this post.

I see, in a whole lot of other 'conversational' sites different names used as ID's.

Here, for example, there's everywhere from "#33" to "zzz".

Why these names? I'm sure that there's a reason for them. Some are just jokes, some are probably 'just because' and some are there for well thought out specific reasons.

I'll start with mine.

shortcat1

shortcat1 comes from the Shorter Catechism to the Westminister Confession of Faith (a 16th century Puritan faith document - http://chi.gospelcom.net/quotes/quote007.shtml)

A catechism is a book containing a summary of the principles of the Christian religion, esp. as maintained by a particular church, in the form of questions and answers.

Question 1 of the Shorter Catechism is: "What is the chief end of man?"

The answer is: "To glorify God and enjoy him forever."

Hence also the source of my signature... shortcat1 = Shorter Catechism question 1 (& answer too)

(By the way, the presence of a Shorter Catechism also implies that there's a longer catechism. There is one and it's called 'The Larger Catechism' - it has more questions because it's more in depth.)

This is likely boring to most but it's very meaningful to me. :)

So................. why do you call yourself what you call yourself?

Some are pretty straight-forward "InsaneAVSfan", "Matsnaslundsuperfan", etc.

others (puck7x, KoZed, The-Habby2919, ...) ?????... only their hairdresser knows...

:king: :hlogo: :king:

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

others (puck7x, KoZed, The-Habby2919, ...) ?????... only their hairdresser knows...

KoZed = Koivu + Zednik

As for me, when we signed up for AOL back in 1998, I tried to creat Puckfan33, Puckfan obviously because I like hockey and 33 because of all-time greats like Patrick Roy, Larry Bird, and Alain Harvey (my favorite Columbus Chill goalie). However, the name was already taken, so I switched the words. Amazingly enough, I own Fanpuck33 on pretty much every website I've ever signed up on.

sakiqc is also my last name! ;) joking

i'm a lifetime fan of joe sakic. but i didn't want to call impersonate sakic (by respect I guess) and also especially on a Habs forum. :D

QC is the abbreviation for Quebec. So "sakiqc" with the QC is for a tribute of the great years Sakic played while with the Quebec Nordiques.

I did a website with a Sakic fan from Austria. Hasn't been updated in a while though.. www.sakic.ca

revvvrob cuz

my name is Rob - and i'm a Reverend.

could have gone with revrob - but - when i first used that name on another site, it was taken - so - i added some 'v' to give it distinction.

so - now i use revvvrob.

Mathieu Garon #30, Montréal Canadiens, 1999-2004.

All-time favourite Habs player.

I still remember the first time I saw him during a Québec Citadelles practice at The Colisée. One of the finest technically sound goalies I've ever seen. A great personality.

Some people call me a Habby because im the biggest Habs fan around here and I guess it was easier than calling me "a Habs fan" so Im the Habby the 2919 is the last 4 digits of one of my phone numbers... I use it on alot of things.

:hlogo:

Edited by The-Habby2919

Hi hate to admit it, but I was a huge star trek: tng back in the day, and the word Riker just stuck when I sign into chat sites. And no, I don't wear the ears or dress in uniform :wacko:. I just like the idealogy of a uniform society that embodies the human spirit. (ok, maybe I am a little wacko for dreaming :rolleyes: )

Good thread. Mine is quite boring. Back in Univeristy a bunch of us were playing EA hockey - (probably 95 or 96) and I created my own player to be a nasty SOB and named him Mr. Nasty...for some reason I have always used it in the internet world. It just stuck.

Good question.

I'm not really sure. I guess I wanted a fictional hockey character (so no one would suspect my real identity). For those of you who weren't watching the Habs in the 70's here are a couple of links:

http://www.hhof.com/html/t7humour.shtml

http://members.aol.com/boardwalk7/petepuck.html

Good question.

I'm not really sure. I guess I wanted a fictional hockey character (so no one would suspect my real identity). For those of you who weren't watching the Habs in the 70's here are a couple of links:

http://www.hhof.com/html/t7humour.shtml

http://members.aol.com/boardwalk7/petepuck.html

Peter Puck makes me happy. ^_^ Happy, happy memories.

I thought it would be insane to show I am an AVS fan as well as a Habs fan on a Habs board : )

Plus being older, not sure how many here are going to remember someone like the Roadrunner, if i used that name.

Or Howie Morenz ^_^

Well, I go by two names on the internet...jetsniper or jetsniper33

Kind of an odd story, when we first got the internet back in 2002, my mom asked before I left for school what e-mail name I'd want so she could set it up while I was at school. I had my New York Jets hat hanging by the door so in my head I came up with "Jet" but that sounded too short. So I wanted to add something that was kind of agressive and came up with sniper and just put the two words together to form jetsniper.

Every now and then, I'll add the 33 in honor of my childhood hero, Patrick Roy. Basically if you google jetsniper or jetsniper33, 80-90% of them are me.

I had a couple of favourite players as a kid, but the choice of beliveau1 was simple - the classiest athlete I've ever seen! A gentleman through and through = my one true idol growing up!

the name of a farm kid near where I grew up in Outaouais region of Qc, I would ride on the farm cows and stuff when I was like 5 yrs old, I'm an anglophone but wanted a Québecois name for the forum so took that.