Why The Habsworld Id That You Use?

shortcat1

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well mine is obvious. Anyone who's been here for longer than a month or two knows it was originally Bulis_the_Habbie. But after he left, I shortened it to BTH because

1) I didn't want to change my name

2) Dandenault_the_Habbie (just an example) doesn't have such a great ring to it

3) Most people called me BTH anyway

Good thread. I'm still waiting for KoZed to change his name. <_<

Plus being older, not sure how many here are going to remember someone like the Roadrunner, if i used that name.

Yvan Cournoyer of course!

I guess I wanted a fictional hockey character (so no one would suspect my real identity). For those of you who weren't watching the Habs in the 70's here are a couple of links:

http://www.hhof.com/html/t7humour.shtml

http://members.aol.com/boardwalk7/petepuck.html

Ah, good old Peter Puck. They always used to run those cartoons during intermission whenever they showed Columbus' old ECHL team's games on the cable access channel.

well its hard to believe that I love markov and komisarek..they make a great pair.

however, if I had my ways I d change for a shorter name..I find it too long

Good question.

I'm not really sure. I guess I wanted a fictional hockey character (so no one would suspect my real identity). For those of you who weren't watching the Habs in the 70's here are a couple of links:

http://www.hhof.com/html/t7humour.shtml

http://members.aol.com/boardwalk7/petepuck.html

Classic memory of days gone by!

Good thread. I'm still waiting for KoZed to change his name. <_<

Meh. I've grown bigger than Zednik (bigger ego anyway)... ;) There's just too much history in the KoZed name. Its like having my own brand.

MacDonald's, Microsoft, Sony, KoZed... :lol:

Meh. I've grown bigger than Zednik (bigger ego anyway)... ;) There's just too much history in the KoZed name. Its like having my own brand.

MacDonald's, Microsoft, Sony, KoZed... :lol:

First things first - oz refers to my exile in Australia. I thought it was quite clever way back in 97/98 when the ESPN boards were first started. These days I've just shortened it to Oz for the blog (http://beezhouse.com) and the myriad of online poker sites I play at.

Secondly, and the reason for my quoting the great KoZ, does the name KoZus cause you too much pain to remember? ;)

You know, he could still go back to ap79.

;)

Maybe if I stop taking my medication ap79 will creep back up... :P

Though old timers will remember that before KoZed there was a KoZus. If Gainey swings a deal that lands us Zetterberg, I might change again.

I like how legends are kept alive through names like Believeau, Joliat, The Flower and such. I pitty teams whose boards are cluttered with FedorukFan5456 or 454 different variations of Eric Staal... ;)

First things first - oz refers to my exile in Australia. I thought it was quite clever way back in 97/98 when the ESPN boards were first started. These days I've just shortened it to Oz for the blog (http://beezhouse.com) and the myriad of online poker sites I play at.

Secondly, and the reason for my quoting the great KoZ, does the name KoZus cause you too much pain to remember? ;)

Well there's the old timer I was refering to!

Dude, you still in Melbourne? I'm signed up on an arts site and I'm chatting up a perfect 10 who lives there. Told her if she ever saw a beach bum walking around in Melbourn with a Habs jersey on, it was you and say Hi!

I like how legends are kept alive through names like Believeau, Joliat, The Flower and such. I pitty teams whose boards are cluttered with FedorukFan5456 or 454 different variations of Eric Staal... ;)

Does someone know how I could change my Id in Gump30

gumpstor.jpg

When some goalies were starting to wear masks in the NHL, Gump Worsley refused to do so and explained:

"Anyone who wears one is chicken. My face is my mask."

- Gump Worsley

KoZed = Koivu + Zednik

As for me, when we signed up for AOL back in 1998, I tried to creat Puckfan33, Puckfan obviously because I like hockey and 33 because of all-time greats like Patrick Roy, Larry Bird, and Alain Harvey (my favorite Columbus Chill goalie). However, the name was already taken, so I switched the words. Amazingly enough, I own Fanpuck33 on pretty much every website I've ever signed up on.

As I stated earlier, a great number of these names are of 'obvious' origin but some are 'misleading' while others are outright cryptic.

I can almost flaggelate myself or bang my forhead with a board à la Monty Python Holy Grail's monks for having missed the KoZed & fanpuck33 labels...

sheeeshhhhhhh......... :blink::blink::blink::blink:

:king: :hlogo: :king:

the name of a farm kid near where I grew up in Outaouais region of Qc, I would ride on the farm cows and stuff when I was like 5 yrs old, I'm an anglophone but wanted a Québecois name for the forum so took that.

:lol:

great stuff !!

Does someone know how I could change my Id in Gump30

gumpstor.jpg

When some goalies were starting to wear masks in the NHL, Gump Worsley refused to do so and explained:

"Anyone who wears one is chicken. My face is my mask."

- Gump Worsley

nice digs mathieu

I asked my father,

I said, father change my name.

The one Im using now its covered up

With fear and filth and cowardice and shame.

He said, I locked you in this body,

I meant it as a kind of trial.

You can use it for a weapon,

Or to make some woman smile.

Then let me start again, I cried,

Please let me start again,

I want a face thats fair this time,

I want a spirit that is calm.

LOL. You guys are funny. Yeah if I ever moved to Quebec I'd pull John Charest and demand people call me Pierre. lol.

Who's this face, PtG?

:king: :hlogo: :king: