That's It! It's Over! It's All Over!

Trizzak

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saku has played great. Thank god. Hope that eye holds together. Its quite clear the Ribeiro experiment has failed. What a waste of $1.9 Million!!!! Corey Locke looked better. If I were Gainey I'd waive Ribeiro and hope someone picked him up.

Maybe the team needs to try Plekanec at center with Samsonov and Kovalev?

So far I'm not too impressed with Carbonneau....but I'm sure things will get better.....start by getting rid of Ribeiro

What a waste of $1.9 Million!!!! Corey Locke looked better.

I guess you're not a big fan of Mikey ribs, are you? ;):P Just a wild guess after reading your last posts.

Sorry I'm too busy burning my Kovalev jersey and autographs!

The guys need an incentive like "That's it! If you lose the next game, no meeting your family & friends till you win the next one!". Either that or no ice cream.

I have never read such a bunch winey crap before.

I said before the game all we had to do was lose respectfully and we did just that.

If we start the reg season 0-4 you can wine, until then why do you really care?

I feel like I am surrounded be kids on this site, once again,.

So now, we should Waive Ribs, Fire Guy, Trade Kovalev, burn our jerseys and cry in our oatmeal?

The season hasn't started.

NorthEast standings

Boston 0pts

Ottawa 0pts

Montreal 0pts

Toronto 0pts

Buffalo 0pts

We are tied for 1st !!!

I watched the game last night and I don't see why you are all panicking, but if it makes you feel better, enjoy. Raycroft stole the game, and that is why the Leafs left their #1 goalie in all game, no split shift there as they don't have the depth to need to look at a youngen.

So cry me a river but come playoff time you should alll say, hey Johnny, you were right. B)

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

I have never read such a bunch winey crap before.

I said before the game all we had to do was lose respectfully and we did just that.

If we start the reg season 0-4 you can wine, until then why do you really care?

I feel like I am surrounded be kids on this site, once again,.

So now, we should Waive Ribs, Fire Guy, Trade Kovalev, burn our jerseys and cry in our oatmeal?

The season hasn't started.

NorthEast standings

Boston 0pts

Ottawa 0pts

Montreal 0pts

Toronto 0pts

Buffalo 0pts

We are tied for 1st !!!

I watched the game last night and I don't see why you are all panicking, but if it makes you feel better, enjoy. Raycroft stole the game, and that is why the Leafs left their #1 goalie in all game, no split shift there as they don't have the depth to need to look at a youngen.

So cry me a river but come playoff time you should alll say, hey Johnny, you were right. B)

I agree 100 percent.

Actually, it's been 3 games, since Kovalev and friends didn't play the first game.

Two russian stars trying to play together for the first time, get a good feel for eachother, whilst playing with centers who change every game, etc.

Give them a break. When they finally "click", it'll be something amazing to watch, i just know it. Give it time. Patience is a virtue my friends, and for now, time is actually something we have (pre-season exhibition games)

So relax already.

Not really sure what thread to post this in, so here's as good aplace as any I guess.

After watching last night's game I was really impressed with Johnson! Now I don't know if it was because he was one of the only guys who looked like he was giving 100%, but he's starting to look like a very good acquisision. Should make the 3rd line very interesting to watch. Hell, who knows, maybe he can start playing centre on our second line.

Let's not forget we are not playing all the regulars. We have more or less two teams, while the Leafs are going nearly full force, same with the Bruins. The Bruins will go nowhere in the regular season.

although i generally agree with your thesis - didnt the leafs sit sundin, tucker, mccabe and kubina last night?

Saku has played great. Thank god. Hope that eye holds together. Its quite clear the Ribeiro experiment has failed. What a waste of $1.9 Million!!!! Corey Locke looked better. If I were Gainey I'd waive Ribeiro and hope someone picked him up.

Maybe the team needs to try Plekanec at center with Samsonov and Kovalev?

So far I'm not too impressed with Carbonneau....but I'm sure things will get better.....start by getting rid of Ribeiro

LOL, the Riberio experiment has falled. Talk about having an agenda. Does every post you make have to blame Ribs. He was not even playing last night and Kovy and Samsonov looked terrible.

It doesn't matter who plays with Kovalev and Samsonov right now because they are not putting in even the most minimal effort. That is not Ribs fault, that is the fault of Kovalev and Samsonov.

I will wait until those guys show up and see how Ribs does this year. By the way, Ribs is a bargain at that price. Look around the league at 2nd line centers with his average point totals who were eligible for arbitration.. they got much more then that!

ARRRRRRRRRGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! ***slits wrists***

I can't take it anymore.....being a Habs fan - it's always up and down, why can't we get 20 wins in a row like we deserve ***gouges out eyes***

Don't they realize that I'm forced to be a hockey fan by fate? Can't they make my suffering any better? ***hangs noose around neck***

P.S. Maybe some of our Habbies realize that after a couple of years in the league that the idea of preseason is for the young guys to bust their guts while the older guys try to take it easy and avoid injury.

P.S. Maybe some of our Habbies realize that after a couple of years in the league that the idea of preseason is for the young guys to bust their guts while the older guys try to take it easy and avoid injury.

That is partially true, but where is the sense of team work. Locke was a young guy trying to show his stuff last night, but had two anchors hanging from him by the name of Samsonov and Kovalev. I am sure Locke is not impressed that his "teammates" didn't do a damn thing to help him.

I also notice that Koivu is not floating out there, nor Ryder, nor Higgens, nor Pleks....

No one is expecting the guys to play like it is game 7 of the finals, but they need to put in some effort to help get ready for the season.

Let's hope that some of these guys pick it up, at least to the point of pond hockey. :)

Let's not forget we are not playing all the regulars. We have more or less two teams, while the Leafs are going nearly full force, same with the Bruins. The Bruins will go nowhere in the regular season.

Absolutely not true!

Montreal fielded a competitve team as to what they will look like last night. Aka Souray, Streit, Koivu, Higgins, Ryder, Kovalev, Samsonov etc...

Leafs put their Farm team on the ice and took it to Montreal. The Habs defence is going to be the problem this year as it has not changed from last year and everybody that thinks it is good is only kidding themselves. Forget about stats from last year, good defensive zone plays make or break a game. Toronto skated by them too many times for my tastes. Montreal has good potential in the Rookies up front, but the dreaded leaf rookies were better in the two game set.

Being preseason this all really means nothing except for an opportunity at a job or to show ones talents. I surely hope some of these floaters like Kovalev and Samsonov take the regular season a little more seriously as they float and give up on plays. I know they both stated they like Montreal so am in hopes they pick up their game for the regular season.

The Habs will be a better overall team this year as Huet is going in uninjured and the front lines have lots of combinations to play with. At the least we are going to see a very fast team and I am wonder how teams are going to check Montreals two scoring lines??????? :D

Id rather have it this way than the way it was a few years ago when we dominated the preseason and missed the playoffs in the real season.

I don't want to pick on you since many here have expressed that thought, but I find it illogical. Just because we had a good preseason and then did poorly one year does not imply that having a bad preseason is okay.

The preseason win/loss stats don't matter as much as how the team comes together, how the prospects play, and how the team improves. So far, the Habs look terrible, few prospects are doing very well, and our main goalies have not found their comfort zone yet. Some players just don't seem to care.

Contrast us with the leafs.. they played their big guns, and they showed they were coming into form for the season well. The next game they played their young guns against our vets, and showed speed, skill, and a desire to win. Raycroft showed his team he is ready to go and started building confidence in him. I would say the Leafs are having a good camp, and bodes well for them. It doesn't quarantee them a great season, but there are starting off on the right foot.

The habs are not gettting off to a great start and like most games they play, need to try and come back from behind. :(

Not really sure what thread to post this in, so here's as good aplace as any I guess.

After watching last night's game I was really impressed with Johnson! Now I don't know if it was because he was one of the only guys who looked like he was giving 100%, but he's starting to look like a very good acquisision. Should make the 3rd line very interesting to watch. Hell, who knows, maybe he can start playing centre on our second line.

Yeah Johnson looked great, and I was also really impressed with the way Higgins played (not that it was a surprise or anything). And Streit looked good too, with his 3 pts.

Our rookies can't compete with seasoned nhl players!!! Especially our junior aged ones!!! WE HAVE NO DEPTH!!!!!!! WE HAVE NO DEPTHLMKNLJDHJKBDMF DSJBMDF!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

*drops toaster into bathtub*

LMAO.

Great post mahn. I love it. :lol:

You should really join the HWL.

I'm 3rd on the waiting list.