8 Players Cut

JMMR

This battle for the last spot with Kostitsyn and Latendresse is awesome. Unfortunately, both should get more than 4th line minutes (and linemates) and there just doesn't seem to be a good spot for them. I smell a trade, I really do.

Wouldnt Zhog be a lock given his contract, with Latendresse and Kost fighting over 23rd spot (if Carbo decides to keep 23?). I think zhog has to clear waivers to be sent to hamilton, which gives him a clear advantage in the numbers game even if his play hasnt matched that of lats and kost recently. if kost can be sent back and forth to hamilton with no consequence, he might be sent packing with the understanding that he's first in line if (when) an offensive forward gets hurt. think the key question is what to do with latendresse at this point. am i right that he can be kept for 10 games, but anything over that means he can't be returned to junior?

Yes, I think Zhog is a lock; Yes, we can keep GL for 10 games before he has to be sent back to Jr or kept for the season. Unfortunately, to me it looks like Kostusyn is the odd man out just because his situation gives Carbo and BG more flexibility. I hope they find some way of keeping all three of them. :wacko:

I'd be surprised if anyone takes him. Is this yet another case of people overhyping a prospect?

I hope you're right but I think that someone will pick him up. He's young, cheap, and has decent skills. It is a testament to our new found depth (yes, I know it took years to develop) that some quality players are not making this team. :):(

Yes, I think Zhog is a lock; Yes, we can keep GL for 10 games before he has to be sent back to Jr or kept for the season. Unfortunately, to me it looks like Kostusyn is the odd man out just because his situation gives Carbo and BG more flexibility. I hope they find some way of keeping all three of them. :wacko:

Yes but he has to be under contract before he's allowed to play those 10 games ... I don't think BG has signed him to his entry level contract yet.

Also I wouldn't want the team to keep either Latendresse or Kotsy if they're going to be on the 4th line or in the press box ... they need to continue to develop with ice time ... either in the NHL , AHL or the Q ... where ever they can go.

If he's on waivers, he's as good as gone. I'd say Toronto or Pittsburg.

how many french player have you seen in Toronto in the last decade beside perreault ?? :P

pittsburgh is a good choice, though

Why is Ferland on waivers? I donT know all the ins and outs but surely he has a 2 way contract?

he's played more than 3 years in a professional league.

I really wouldve like Ferland to replace Downey.... Too bad he'll probably be picked off waivers.

As for what forwards should stay, Id have to agree with Tony, Kosty should stay as he's ready.... Lats and Chips should come next year.

:hlogo:

I really don't see why another team would pick Ferland off waivers, unless it's to help their farm team. He's a good kid with great work ethics, but he's extremely limited in terms of skills. We're talking about a guy who's averaging about 15 points a year in the minors.

Edited by CerebusClone

The reason he cleared is because no one wanted him as a regular on they're roster ... if someone did claim him he'd have to play for that club .. if he was sent down to there minors he have to clear waivers again ... it would be a waste of time and money.

Edited by CaliHabsFan