Shots Fired: Hostage Situation In Colorado High School

huzer

A gunman at Platte Canyon High School was holding a hostage, according to a Park County Sheriff's dispatcher.

“We have a hostage situation at the high school,” according to the dispatcher.

She said the Park County Sheriff's Office is setting up a command post at the high school.

Ugh, not again...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South of Ft Collins, about 40-50 miles southwest of Denver. Several shots fired in school, it's a guy holding a girl hostage and they think he has a bomb. It just popped on the TV as a special report. No injury news or anything thus far.

It does suck. 2 hostages left, 3 have been released. Coverage is on CNN now. I have a friend that works at a hospital, and I guess they're always put on 'disaster alert' when this happens, and she reported there were no injuries, and the alert was cancelled. Hopefully, everything here ends up ok.

And now, it's over. Gunmen dead, 1 girl critically hurt, and the other girl is ok. Another sad day... :( No motive known as of yet.

Unless we have some former military posters, none of us here have seen war. We don't know what it's like. Please don't act like you do.

No war for me, but I was in Kuwait in 2000 while in the USAF.

Unless we have some former military posters, none of us here have seen war. We don't know what it's like. Please don't act like you do.

school shootings

9/11

friends mom was murdered

grandma was in a forced labour working camp in Poland after the second world war

great aunt snuk under the berlin wall at night to get across.

Grandpa was forced in the german army found a dead guys passport and fled

Great Uncle was killed in war

Other uncle won a purple heart from his actions

I haven't personally seen war but I've seen its after effects on me and my family.

This is just insanity.

I was having a discussion with my roomie and we decided if we were ever crazy and just HAD to kill people we would kill people a la the boondock saints!

Ummm... ok?

I feel bad for that girls family.

:hlogo:

Ah geez...I was watching this almost all day on CNN from about 2-3 and he kept releasing hostages and seemed like it was all gonna end nicely so I turned it off. Turn it back on at 4:30 to find out he's dead and a 16 year old girl is in critical condition. Now I log on and find out she died as well.

We really do live in an incredibly insane world. Anyone know his reasoning yet?

Ah geez...I was watching this almost all day on CNN from about 2-3 and he kept releasing hostages and seemed like it was all gonna end nicely so I turned it off. Turn it back on at 4:30 to find out he's dead and a 16 year old girl is in critical condition. Now I log on and find out she died as well.

We really do live in an incredibly insane world. Anyone know his reasoning yet?

maybe its bill 101.

all kidding aside, I just dont see how an adult was able to get into a high school with a rifle without anybody asking question. perhaps he was a staff member and he just got fired.

The guy was 54 years old. Still no motive, had no ties to the community. He had a semi automatic pistol and a revolver, not a rifle. No major criminal history or anything, either.

As far as how he got in the school, it really is a rural-ish community, and most schools are "open" doors aren't locked or anything

The guy was 54 years old. Still no motive, had no ties to the community. He had a semi automatic pistol and a revolver, not a rifle. No major criminal history or anything, either.

As far as how he got in the school, it really is a rural-ish community, and most schools are "open" doors aren't locked or anything

Yeah, that school looked like it was in the middle of nowhere. So he didn't actually have a bomb?