Shots Fired: Hostage Situation In Colorado High School

huzer

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...the backpack was filled with sex toys and other sexual stuff.

:wacko::(

That's sad. Very sad.

What can we do to prevent that kind of stuff from happening? We're not going to put policemen on every school, shop, street corners, are we?

With the Internet and the media we know about every tragedy, in every corner of the country (US/Canada). It's sure we have to put that on perspective (Montreal/Colorado and other place shooting). There are basic rules and laws that our government must apply, like guns control. But there will always be freaks or mentally ######ed/disfunctionated people that will use whatever they can find to harm others. It's the price of liberty I guess. There will be a time according to the Bible when justice will be instantly given to law offenders.. but that's not for now.

Wow...the backpack was filled with sex toys and other sexual stuff.

he should've used them more often, maybe he wouldn't have to shoot at people.

It seems like these school shootings are becoming the new trend for sociopath sadists. It's strange how I feel completely safe at school even though we were firebombed a couple of years ago. Might have even been last year.

People bring guns to school all the time here. Schools are dangerous here especially in the city. A bunch of 10 year olds for example sexually assaulted an 8 year old. Then it happend again to another 10 year old a couple of months ago. elementary school kids are in gangs stealing cars.

And thats just crime related school problems.

Then you've got the huge drug trade.

Then you've got the loners and depressed bullied kids.

School worst time in my life. Especially public high school.

Err..

I would say things are different here. I've been in a public elementary school and a private high school and the kids are just as "bad" in both - a nightmare for new teachers, but nice people out of class. No one ever brings anything more than a knife to school and even then, only to impress their friends or something. Honestly, I've never even met a true gimme-your-lunch-money type bully before in my life. But maybe it's just the schools I've gone to - can't speak for a whole province.

Give me your lunch bully never existed. Its more racially charged, gang beatings for no reason type of stuff. Thats what I went through anyway.

The private schools here control the drugs.

The public schools buy the drugs from the private schools.

Both the public and private schools are segregated in the school. There are a few people who would mingle with both (I did) but if you did you would be outcasted by the whites and they'd pick on you.

Then there was the rich and poor divide. Rich white kids stayed together and became the student beat down cops to everyone else.

People have problems. People don't want help. People don't recognize that these people have help.

But the thing is, in that article one student mentioned that the shooter always talked about bringing a gun to school. Why was this not recognized?! People need to take initiative and recommend counsellors. I was suicidal back in high school, a couple teachers noticed and sent me to counselling. Probably the best thing that's ever happened to me. If they hadn't done that, maybe I wouldn't be here today.

On a related note, on the front page of today's local paper was an article about a teenaged girl being harrassed. At 2am, someone shot a BB gun through her window. Then, to make matters worse, the RCMP dispatchment wouldn't send anyone down to investigate. And you know what? The girl is transgendered. Argh, it makes me so mad, and at the same time, I'm a little worried about my own safety as well.

Thats what I'm talking about people see signs of trouble but they don't act on it because thats sticking there head out and doing something that might backfire or be a big misunderstanding.

Well where do you live dark faerie? Vancouver? or in Central BC area or Victoria. I seem to remember that case in Victoria Ellard I think her name was. Anyway people in this world aren't as accepting as we wish. I've seen it countless of times. Sometimes its directed at me but most of the time I've seen it through the eyes of other people. Racial profiling and such. Sick world we live in. This is ignorance and not accepting other people who god forbid may be different.

Thats what I'm talking about people see signs of trouble but they don't act on it because thats sticking there head out and doing something that might backfire or be a big misunderstanding.

Well where do you live dark faerie? Vancouver? or in Central BC area or Victoria. I seem to remember that case in Victoria Ellard I think her name was. Anyway people in this world aren't as accepting as we wish. I've seen it countless of times. Sometimes its directed at me but most of the time I've seen it through the eyes of other people. Racial profiling and such. Sick world we live in. This is ignorance and not accepting other people who god forbid may be different.

I'm in Nanaimo, so lower Vancouver Island. As for the Victoria case, are you referring to Reena Virk?

I think so. Bunch of girls ganged up on her but then this other girl brutally killed her. It had to have been big it made news down here.

Yep, that was Reena Virk. I still remember that news story, that was horrible.

I'm really glad I never had your high school enviroment either, everyone was friendly to everyone. Well almost everyone, there'd be a couple knobs who went out of their way to be an ass (one to my friends, the first time he went after me though I knocked him out. Left us alone after that). Not everyone liked everyone but we were respectful of each other. All the ethnic groups kinda mixed and mingled as well, there was no real allegiances at all.

I'm really glad I never had your high school enviroment either, everyone was friendly to everyone. Well almost everyone, there'd be a couple knobs who went out of their way to be an ass (one to my friends, the first time he went after me though I knocked him out. Left us alone after that). Not everyone liked everyone but we were respectful of each other. All the ethnic groups kinda mixed and mingled as well, there was no real allegiances at all.

Thats because you live in Canada. Immigrants and people of non white orign get along with each other and intermingle. Its still tabooish around here to date someone outside your race. Segregation is still around its just not the basically aparthied system like post civil war usa to the 1960's.

It seems like these school shootings are becoming the new trend for sociopath sadists. It's strange how I feel completely safe at school even though we were firebombed a couple of years ago. Might have even been last year.

uhh ?? what school ??

Thats because you live in Canada. Immigrants and people of non white orign get along with each other and intermingle. Its still tabooish around here to date someone outside your race. Segregation is still around its just not the basically aparthied system like post civil war usa to the 1960's.

It's not as hunky dory as one might think, theres still racial tension everywhere. Among the young people it seems to be less but the older people still have that 1950s mentality which is pretty damn annoying. I mostly notice it against the Asians and the Natives.

I think so. Bunch of girls ganged up on her but then this other girl brutally killed her. It had to have been big it made news down here.

Yeah, that was Virk. A chilling story.

It's not as hunky dory as one might think, theres still racial tension everywhere. Among the young people it seems to be less but the older people still have that 1950s mentality which is pretty damn annoying. I mostly notice it against the Asians and the Natives.

Can't forget the East Indians either.