Top Habs Pick In Hockey Pool?

hankhab

Hey all, hockey season is approaching again, thus I will spend a few evenings this week taking part in a few hockey pool drafts. I allways take at least one habs in each pool, so my question to you all is..who would be the fisrt habs you would take in a pool this season? Last year I had Koivu in one draft and Kovalev in another. This year, strong candidates are those 2 plus Samsonov, Ribero, Higgens and Ryder. Lets hear some ideas!

p.s. Its a points pool, straight up, no goalies

Edited by hankhab

if you have to draft a couple of dMen, markov would be a safe bet.

however. I think the best player you could pick would be huet

Huet is a very risky pick for few reasons:

1- Aebisher will get his load of starts too, that will cut Huet's numbers

2- It's always difficult to repeat a career year, when the player doesn't have a great history to back him (example few strong years). Huet was a big surprise last year.

Higgins will be great this year but won't finish 1st in scoring (unless he scores 70 goals). Because he doesn't get many assists.

I say that all the top Habs players (those on the top 2 lines) are expected to produce no more or around 60 pts. But in the pack, Kovalev has the potential/upside to reach the 1-pt-per-game level. Koivu too, but there's always the injury concern. Ribeiro might as well have a career year and get many assists playing between 2 great scorers.. but he might as well get traded after 10 games.

I ranked Kovalev in the 2nd round, Markov in the 4th... those are my highest ranked Habs.

There is at least one website that offers preseason stats. But I won't tell you :D

Hint... Google search: nhl preseason stats

I don't draft Habs... Well, I would, but the good ones are usually gone long before I'd touch them. I always think the players are a lot better than they really are... so to draft them high would be a mistake in my own eyes. *shrug*

Gotta agree with Sakiqc on Huet... I have confidence that Aebischer will take over by at least mid-season as starter.

Markov, Kovy and Koivu. But if you are looking for value, I grabbed Hewitt in the 5th round cause nobody believes he will repeat his stats from last year. If he even comes close, he's a steal in later rounds.

Good Luck! :)

I agree with the "career year" thing. But I also took Abby to cover the chance Huet is a bust but remember this one guy.

KIPRUSOFF- he came from nowhere and is now a top goalie so with Huet, you never know.......... :)

I have Huet as backup for Lundqvist.

I know with NY, Lundqvist will do well, regadless. If Huet repeats last year's performance. Oh man, I'm set.

Lundqvist?... I don't know.... I expect that he will have a long sophomore drop... might last the rest of his career. For his sake, I hope not but I smell a flash in the pan of sorts.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Lundqvist?... I don't know.... I expect that he will have a long sophomore drop... might last the rest of his career. For his sake, I hope not but I smell a flash in the pan of sorts.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

I dunno, he's doing well in the preaseason(2 shutouts). Either way, the NYR will win games whether Lundqvist plays well or not...

Edited by fromage