Canadiens Claim Traverse Off Waivers

kenadian

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No biggie. The Habs are thin on dmen with NHL experience, especially with the uncertainty of Souray right now. The fondest memory I have of the guy though, was when a French article with his name was put into a translator, it came back as Patrick Cross. Ha!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!

How desperate are we ?

Bob !!! What the XXXX ???

I can't stand Traverse ! I'm in shock. I hope I don't have to watch this guy play in a Habs uni. Seeing this guy would bring visions back of the Habs' darkest days. I don't believe this. Someone pinch me.

I still believe that someone from the minors could have stepped it up and filled in for the time being.

We can't have that bad of D situation down the minors where we have to get Traverse .... :puke:

I dunno about this move. :angry:

Weinrich for Traverse...one of Savard's first moves. He's just a tall, lanky, non physical player who adds NHL depth. I know there are other defensemen out there, but everyone knows this is a depth move while we have some injured players. Why is everyone so ticked off? It's not as if he's been signed to be given 25 minutes a night in Habs land. Take a breath...inhale, exhale...relax.

Seeing this guy would bring visions back of the Habs' darkest days. I don't believe this.

I still get shivers thinking about that 2001-02 season finale. The first time I saw Mr Traverse at work, in a 5-2 loss against the Devils. Stephane Fiset started that game returning from a 16-month layoff. Those where the days..

jan7_hits2-cp.jpg

Seriously, I think this is not good news. Does this mean that Sourays shoulder injury is serious? I don't like this one bit.

Edited by mathieu30

I still get shivers thinking about that 2001-02 season finale. The first time I saw Mr Traverse at work, in a 5-2 loss against the Devils. Stephane Fiset started that game returning from a 16-month layoff. Those where the days..

you're making me feel ill.

I'd like to think that Traverse is meant to bolster the Bulldogs, but it is always a bit of a dicey thing to pick a player off the waivers only to put him back on the waivers again.

I guess I'm not that concerned with him being the 7th D-man until Souray-Boullion-Cote come back from injury on the theory that the guy will just be sitting in the press box.

BRUTAL SIGNING. He was useless when we had him before. Why re-sign him. Let O'Byrne play. Holy crap, does this mean we may get BIGMAN back(Ivanans). I can only hope. :blink: