Former Habs Prospect Signs With Nashville...

ch_nl

Selected by the Montreal Canadiens in the fourth round in 1992 danish Kim Staal did never get the chance. Kim Staal has played most of his proffesional career with Malmö and MoDo in Swedish Elitserien.

Staal is right now 28 years old and was invited to the Nashville Predators camp and danish media is reporting the Barry Trotz will sign Staal and making him the first dane in the NHL. Staal that means "Steel" in danish, alos called "Stålmannen" (Superman) translated to "Steelman" in swedish had a great world championship.

Staal has been sent down to Milwaukee Admirals but Staal has decided to stay in North America.

Good for him. I remember Staal mostly from his days with Malmö. He was always one of the few Malmö players I liked, and when I first found out he was drafted by Montreal I naturally liked him more.

Have you ever seen him play IRL cn_nl? I mean, you live pretty close to Malmö. Are you a Redhawks fan?

Im not from Skåne...

Im from Stockholm, and a fan of "Gnaget".

I've seen Staal played a few times tough. Last time when AIK played Malmö in Allsvenskan.

I think I made a post about it in the forum and said Kim Staal has never looked better.

Isn't Kim the sister of Eric, Marc, Jordan and Jared?

sheeeeeeshhhhhhhhhh.... that's a snappy one.....

:king: :hlogo: :king:

And Im a Leksand fan so I guess we both cheer for teams in the lower division :D

That's right, even if I cheer a bit for Luleå after my military service in Boden.

And about Leksand, Sweden need them. Who cares about Mora? Get Leksand back in Elitserien.

Me suporting AIK and Montreal Canadiens are connected. When I started to play hockey as a child there was a guy called Patric Kjellberg in the senior team in RA73 (Later renamed to Arlanda Wings, Arlanda is the international airport of Stockholm)

He was a great guy and the star of the team. He got a contract with AIK and later the Montreal Canadiens. So there's basicly his fault Im a Habs fan.

When he got home he signed with AIK's worst rival, Djurgårdens IF and I gave up on him. But Im still "Gnagare" and a "habs".

And Im a Leksand fan so I guess we both cheer for teams in the lower division :D

Yes, but I think Leksand is much closer to making it back to the Elite League than Västerås is.

My grandpa is a huge Leksand fan.

That's right, even if I cheer a bit for Luleå after my military service in Boden.

And about Leksand, Sweden need them. Who cares about Mora? Get Leksand back in Elitserien.

Me suporting AIK and Montreal Canadiens are connected. When I started to play hockey as a child there was a guy called Patric Kjellberg in the senior team in RA73 (Later renamed to Arlanda Wings, Arlanda is the international airport of Stockholm)

He was a great guy and the star of the team. He got a contract with AIK and later the Montreal Canadiens. So there's basicly his fault Im a Habs fan.

When he got home he signed with AIK's worst rival, Djurgårdens IF and I gave up on him. But Im still "Gnagare" and a "habs".

Really? That's pretty cool. My aunt used to date Kjellberg's older brother, whose name is Pierre BTW. He took me to an AIK game in Stockholm once, must've been before Patric went over to North America. I've never actually met him in person though.

I also did my military service in Boden. <_<

And I agree that it is good for the sport that Leksand is still competetive. I'm not a fan of the team (for reasons that I will not get into here and now), but I like the idea of having such a successful team coming from such a small community. Shows that you don't have to come from Stockholm, Malmö or Göteborg in order to have a shot at success even at the highest levels of sports.

Edited by Doktor Kosmos