Game Thread | Montreal Vs. Buffalo | 10/06/06

Spider-Man NL

HMMMMMMMMM! u idiot, i would rather have Carbonneau then Julien!!!!!!!!!!! Plus its the first game of the season, stop making accusations on BOB when its the first game

I was joking, you know that right? That's what the smilie guy's there for. Why on earth would I want Ribeiro back? :puke:

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Side note: Niinimaa sucked tonight.

Well, most of our dman sucked, except Komisarek on one shift when he nailed Gaulstad (i think). Markov and Souray were messed up on the PP. Looked like they were confused when they were asked (i guess) to swtich side.

I think RDS blew up on their comments. It probably had nothing to do with Briere "spearing" Bonk. They were probably arguing about the time of the Sabres penality.. I don't know but that was something.. Briere put the ref down after the faceoff then scored on a breakaway.. that was SICK

It doesn't matter. He put his stick into the gut of Bonk and wasn't penalized. He scored an important goal when he should have been in the box. If the referees don't blow that call, we win in regulation.

HAAAAA...rookie Coach...how many times is he going to be out coached!

I wouldn't say we lost because we were outcoached. Though we had a greta game - I would say we were just outplayed.

I wouldn't say we lost because we were outcoached. Though we had a greta game - I would say we were just outplayed.

7 more games againts the Sabres. and 8 againts Toronto, 8 againts Ottawa, 8 againts Boston... gonna be tough to get into playoffs

HAAAAA...rookie Coach...how many times is he going to be out coached!

I was blaming you for saying that Julien got a shut out, (the team did), It was a good move to get rid of Julien

It doesn't matter. He put his stick into the gut of Bonk and wasn't penalized. He scored an important goal when he should have been in the box. If the referees don't blow that call, we win in regulation.

Only a couple of shifts earlier, Bonk tripped a player and was not penalized.

If you can use the argument that Briere shouldn't have scored because he should have been in the box for spearing Bonk then you can also use the argument that Briere wouldn't have been able to spear him had Bonk been in the box in the first place like he should have been.

I found that Montreal had to play well for their goals while the Sabres got lucky on defensive breakdowns, That first goal was terrible, WTF was Huet doing, if you watch the replay he turn his back to the guys on the front of the net!!!!!, Huet played a great game though

I don't know about you, but I'm willing to give him a little more than 1 game before I start criticizing. We got him after the pre-season was over, and hell, he probably had the chance to take part in 2 practices maybe?

we were outreffed

And don't forget that Buffalo scored a goal in the first period that was waived off - it should have counted. That alone should compensate for any problems we have with the refs. The Sabres fans were going crazy in the 3rd period throughout that string of penalties. We really can't complain about officiating.

Dont get on his case so soon, People on this site were expecting so much from Niinimaa for some reason :?-

I was blaming you for saying that Julien got a shut out, (the team did), It was a good move to get rid of Julien

Yup real good move..we'll see! The habs did not get outplayed nor out reffed. What happened in the last 5 minutes and especially in the last minute cost them. Let's hope they bounce back tomorrow night against the laffs.

I think RDS blew up on their comments. It probably had nothing to do with Briere "spearing" Bonk. They were probably arguing about the time of the Sabres penality.. I don't know but that was something.. Briere put the ref down after the faceoff then scored on a breakaway.. that was SICK

TSN didn't say anything about a penalty. They thought he was going to get one but then said the whistle may have been blown because of debris on the ice. Then the announcer came on asking the fans not to throw things on the ice.

Edited by Mr. Nasty

Yup real good move..we'll see! The habs did not get outplayed nor out reffed. What happened in the last 5 minutes and especially in the last minute cost them. Let's hope they bounce back tomorrow night against the laffs.

YOU ARE STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (high emotions are ok and disagreement unavoidable, but we don't accept name-calling here - MOD) You are making predictions based on the first game 81 more games to go, many teams lose in a shootout and your blaming him :angry:

And don't forget that Buffalo scored a goal in the first period that was waived off - it should have counted. That alone should compensate for any problems we have with the refs. The Sabres fans were going crazy in the 3rd period throughout that string of penalties. We really can't complain about officiating.

Outreffed I say, outreffed!!

Outreffed I say, outreffed!!

Ummmmm.... Were you watching that whole bit where Buffalo kept on getting all those penalties

7 more games againts the Sabres. and 8 againts Toronto, 8 againts Ottawa, 8 againts Boston... gonna be tough to get into playoffs

Leafs suck, Boston sucks, Ottawa is just about even with us.

Out division isn't quite as tough as it was in previous years, IMO. Just that it's more balanced. The fact that a 5th of our games are against either the Leafs or Bruins is an encouraging thought, I think.

YOU ARE STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are making predictions based on the first game 81 more games to go, many teams lose in a shootout and your blaming him :angry:

I'm stupid...well moron (as above, c'mon boys!) it wasn't the fact they lost in a shootout...it should never had gone to a shootout. Remember they were up by two goal with only 5 minutes left. Please open your eyes and stop calling me names. I call them the way I see them.

Leafs suck, Boston sucks, Ottawa is just about even with us.

Out division isn't quite as tough as it was in previous years, IMO. Just that it's more balanced. The fact that a 5th of our games are against either the Leafs or Bruins is an encouraging thought, I think.

yeah, Boston sucked tonight, Flordia wiped them out with Auld in the net!!!!!

Oh, come on.

1. Huet plays spectacularly all game, hurts himself on a brilliant save in the SO, and then gets beat on two breakaways - and we STILL have to hear about how he's been 'exposed.' Lord Lamplightin' Jesus, what does this guy have to do to get respect? Get 82 straight shutouts? Yes, he goes down a lot. He also stops the %$%*&$%^* puck!! So Pierre McGuire and co - SHUT YOUR PIE HOLES!

2. Yes, Souray sucked. So did Markov. I didn't find Rivet that bad. Let's remember that the Sabres are the fastest team in hockey, the most likely to expose Souray and Rivet, who are decent skaters but not the most agile. So the fact that they looked bad tonight doesn't mean they will bomb out all season.

3. Niinimaa - give the guy time to adjust, for pity's sake. I'm actually more concerned about Samsonov's relatively quiet performance, and markov's wobbly play.

4. Blaming the refs is ridiculous. They gave the Sabres a string of penalties in the 3rd period.

5. Until someone gives me a specific analysis of Carbo's mistakes, I'm not buying this 'outcoached' stuff.

6. Our forwards played great and our D will improve against less fleet-footed opposition.

In short: take a pill, all you nervous nellies. This point'll still help.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber