Emo

Killer Carlson

My dad is Mr.Errand for one of the most influential guys in Calgary and hes really nice. They're friends too, lets us stay out as his cabin all the time. 6 million bucks.

Dated one of his daughters too but she was a bitch.

you should of married her and then fleeced her of all her wealth.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In an attempt to right the course of this train wreck of a thread: I hate the current emo movement because it seems to be another step in the demasculization of men. Eye makeup, female clothing and this cutting trend as a way of self expression and release is not a step in the right direction in my mind. Hell, I'm not even sure I know what it truly means to be a man, but My Chemical Romance certainly isn't the answer.

Hockey on the other hand... you can't go wrong with physical activity.

got to bed its late over their aint it- its 8.13 am here and im in work :angry2:

It's not that late, besides, no class tomorrow! :king:

In an attempt to right the course of this train wreck of a thread: I hate the current emo movement because it seems to be another step in the demasculization of men. Eye makeup, female clothing and this cutting trend as a way of self expression and release is not a step in the right direction in my mind. Hell, I'm not even sure I know what it truly means to be a man, but My Chemical Romance certainly isn't the answer.

Hockey on the other hand... you can't go wrong with physical activity.

There's nothing wrong with demasculization of men! If women have the "right" to be as masculine as they want, then there's no reason why men can't be as effeminate as they want. I do agree with you on cutting though, it's not healthy and it's very addicting. And once again, I don't see why we have to put everything in gender spheres. Physical activity isn't, nor should it be, strictly a guy thing, but rather a universal thing that everyone can take part in without discrimination.

It's not that late, besides, no class tomorrow! :king:

There's nothing wrong with demasculization of men! If women have the "right" to be as masculine as they want, then there's no reason why men can't be as effeminate as they want. I do agree with you on cutting though, it's not healthy and it's very addicting. And once again, I don't see why we have to put everything in gender spheres. Physical activity isn't, nor should it be, strictly a guy thing, but rather a universal thing that everyone can take part in without discrimination.

dont you get enough physical activity doing the housework though? why do women insist on participating in every sport their is when lets face it- in any sport besides synchronized swimming (if you can even call it a sport) you play it at a standard way below that of men like in tennis. now im not saying you shouldnt do it as a hobby but professionally it shouldnt be allowed and definitley shouldnt be telivised. my main beef is with womens soccer- i watched the last world cup and couldnt stop rolling around laughing at the fact that they cant even kick the ball straight- i have seen 5 year old boys with more talent.

Emo stands for Emotional.

The title started with the Dashboard Confessionals and morphed into the crap that it is today. A passing fad I assume.

Faerie, I will check into the band you mentioned a little further. The sound bites I looked into sounded alright.

The title started with the Dashboard Confessionals and morphed into the crap that it is today. A passing fad I assume.

Faerie, I will check into the band you mentioned a little further. The sound bites I looked into sounded alright.

WELL IT SHOULD STAND FOR Emotional Mongoid Oggers if you ask me.

fake emotion thats todays emo.

yeah i mean near here where i live is one of the biggest mall "carrefour laval" and its full of them...little rich punks who think they have it bad....###### them they never went trough nothing hard...exept maybe the little break up here and there...lol makes me sick

Seriously.

In one ear, out the other.

I'll just sit here content knowing no one here has any idea what Emo truely is. The Used pure emo, HAH!

Ah I didn't read your post before posting mine. I think the disagreement comes become there are 2 different "types" of emo. The bands you're talking about are the bands that are actually emo. The bands like MCR, The Used, Panic at the Disco, the All-American Rejects, etc are bands that the steriotyped "emo kids" are known for listening to. The ones that dress emo, wear eyeliner, and all that good stuff.

I know lots of MCR/The Used listeners who would consider themselves emo.

lololol

The title started in the mid 1980s underground Washington DC scene. Not in 2000. Nice try though.

fake emotion thats todays emo.

Agreed. What gets labeled today as Emo is bands whining about how they had their heart broken, it's all the same crap. Hawthorne Heights and whatnot. Thats where all the 15 year old scenesters are labeling themselves Emo because they can "relate".

Ah I didn't read your post before posting mine. I think the disagreement comes become there are 2 different "types" of emo. The bands you're talking about are the bands that are actually emo. The bands like MCR, The Used, Panic at the Disco, the All-American Rejects, etc are bands that the steriotyped "emo kids" are known for listening to. The ones that dress emo, wear eyeliner, and all that good stuff.

I know lots of MCR/The Used listeners who would consider themselves emo.

I used to be one myself but then I got myself informed. You're right though, those are the "Emo" bands that all the teeny bopper posers listen to with their...their makeup and stuff.

For the record, no, I don't dress Emo. If you saw me on the street, you'd immediately think I was a HUGE rap fan. Chain with my $500 grad ring hanging from it, my watch I got for my 18th birthday, baggy Nike shorts with a different NFL jersey everyday. :P

dont you get enough physical activity doing the housework though? why do women insist on participating in every sport their is when lets face it- in any sport besides synchronized swimming (if you can even call it a sport) you play it at a standard way below that of men like in tennis. now im not saying you shouldnt do it as a hobby but professionally it shouldnt be allowed and definitley shouldnt be telivised. my main beef is with womens soccer- i watched the last world cup and couldnt stop rolling around laughing at the fact that they cant even kick the ball straight- i have seen 5 year old boys with more talent.

Tell me you aren't being serious? That's some of the most sexist bullshit I've heard in a LONG time. What are you, some kind of caveman? And what the hell's with the housework comment? Are you saying men are too good to clean toilets and do dishes? This just makes me sick, I want to go vomit.

Tell me you aren't being serious? That's some of the most sexist bullshit I've heard in a LONG time. What are you, some kind of caveman? And what the hell's with the housework comment? Are you saying men are too good to clean toilets and do dishes? This just makes me sick, I want to go vomit.

take a gravol fearie he's from england...he dont know better!

i wasnt serious about the cooking but iw as serious about women playing sports proffesionally. its just and opinion- see it as sexist- i try to see it as realistic. im all for womens rights with pay at works but not in sports because the standard your performing at aint as good. sorry if any offence is caused but its freedom of speech. dont take it to seriously love its all in jest.

i wasnt serious about the cooking but iw as serious about women playing sports proffesionally. its just and opinion- see it as sexist- i try to see it as realistic. im all for womens rights with pay at works but not in sports because the standard your performing at aint as good. sorry if any offence is caused but its freedom of speech. dont take it to seriously love its all in jest.

So shouldn't they get rid of every single minor league as well? What do we need the AHL or the ECHL for? It should be obvious that the quality of hockey is far inferior to that of the NHL. The same can be said of any sport. And besides, having professional women athletes gives young girls positive role-models to look up to and people to identify with. I think that's important.

So shouldn't they get rid of every single minor league as well? What do we need the AHL or the ECHL for? It should be obvious that the quality of hockey is far inferior to that of the NHL. The same can be said of any sport. And besides, having professional women athletes gives young girls positive role-models to look up to and people to identify with. I think that's important.

thats true it does give them role models and it is a good thing- but a better role model would be Delia Smith..........

http://www.deliaonline.com/

(im only joking love). :lol:

Fear my fierce Faerie fury! :lol:

i know i might seem as im a sexist idito but i was only aiming to get a reaction out of you- i must say for a 19 year old your highly intelligent. i was so obnoxious at your age.