Euroo 2008

habs_in_the_blood

what teams you counting for and why?

im reuting for my home country of italy...because its my home country...can they do it? i dont know but would be great.....other team i would like to see win would be england...but they seemed cursed or...overatted....can england be the maple leafs of soccer??? lol

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I know, Italy haven't really gotten a good start to their Euro 2008 campaign. They'll probably make it there, but you never know.

I don't really pay attention to anything else but Sweden's group, so I can't really comment on anything else. Sweden has won all its four games so far, while Spain (arguably favorites to win the group) have lost two. Denmark only managed to tie Northern Ireland and Iceland are probably out of it already after a disastrous 4-0 loss against Latvia last week.

Yes, 3-2 in Belfast. Sweden beat Spain 2-0 in Stockholm Saturday nearly a week from now. I heard it's the first time that Spain has lost two qualifying round games in a row since like 1983.

Well, I'm cheering for Israel who is lucky that England (the only major power in their group) isn't doing so well. Their chances are pretty decent of making, I think.

Well, I'm cheering for Israel who is lucky that England (the only major power in their group) isn't doing so well. Their chances are pretty decent of making, I think.

lol what other team have we forgoten but is in there...i mean i never tought of israel...i didnt even think isreal was part of europe.....

these qualifying games mean nothing

For the past world cup, Serbia and Montenegro didn't let in a goal

Then they got smashed by Argentina.

I'm thinking Italy can pull it off. They have the best defence and goalie in the world, and with Pirlo in the middle and Giraldino up front, they'll be tough to beat

these qualifying games mean nothing

For the past world cup, Serbia and Montenegro didn't let in a goal

Then they got smashed by Argentina.

I'm thinking Italy can pull it off. They have the best defence and goalie in the world, and with Pirlo in the middle and Giraldino up front, they'll be tough to beat

your right we do have a kick ass team!!! hehe ready to go down st-laurent again ???? going to be awsome! did anyone see the beer commercial with the italian soccer routers...and in the middle of the celebration you see a jeep full of habs fans??

Isreal isn't in Europe but when Turkey gets into the EU, Europe will basically mean that the Middle East is now Europe lol!

Israel plays in UEFA as do other non-European countries such as Kazakhstan, Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaijan. All of those teams can play in Euro 2008, assuming they qualify (which they certainly will not, with the possible exception of Israel).

I'm rooting for Greece. Greek-Canadian and all.

If I had to put money on a winner though? I'd pick Germany. I watched clips of that 5-1 demolition job against Slovakia in qualifying... awfully impressive, especially considering the same team lost 2-0 against Slovakia in a friendly last year. They're getting better awfully quickly.

allez les bleus allez les bleus.

anyone but those hard diving Italians. now that stupid materrazzi 's trying to look like the victim in this whole incident.

If israel, a team with a mix of jews and arabs can do good, I 'd have to cheer for them. they would be the best example of what sport is all about.

Yeah but 2-1 @ home against soccermidget Albania is a disgrace! I heared we should have had a penalty against also, i havent seen it. I saw SnowPatrol, as is seems that was a good choice. The game was horrible

Yeah, but I don't really care about this stuff, it's only qualifying. As long as we get in, thats all that matters. Then anything can happen. Just ask Greece.

but he sure likes his sister :lol:

lol a clasic...but Zidane is too stupid man...in the middle of the final he gets pissed off of an elementary comment how uneducated! loll reporters were saying how he was uneducated after that...and not pro- italian commentators