Euroo 2008

habs_in_the_blood

Including kicking Italy's ass.

yeah but thats the scary part, they never let that happen ever again..it worrys me to. But atm all the teams look pretty washed out after a hard season or so, except holland. But still i think we dont win...just cuz we're the favourite maybe..

Pirlo is out for the next game, so that gives Spain even more chances...(Tony looked horrible again yesterday, missing those chances, though i more focussed more on the dutch game, both were broadcasted i the pub)

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never under-estimate the power of the Dark Side.

What you're saying Dutchie is exactly what worries me too. This is so trademark Italy that it's not scary, it's down-right Hitchcock-esgue. If I had any money to spare I would bet it all that Toni, who's missed a ton of superb scoring chances, will probably score a freakin' hat-trick against the Spaniards or something like that.

I know I might sound as a "the-end-is-nigh" doomsday'er, and I hope I'm wrong (my prediciton before the tournament started was that Spain was gonna win it). But I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Italy wins it now, is all I'm saying.

Edited by Doktor Kosmos

That was embarrassing. a035.gif

Russia won 2-0, and it was closer to 6-0 than 2-1. The right team won, no doubt about that. I'm honestly glad to see the team that plays offensive football come out on top.

Russia won 2-0, and it was closer to 6-0 than 2-1. The right team won, no doubt about that. I'm honestly glad to see the team that plays offensive football come out on top.

Sweden is the 2nd oldest team in the competition while Russia is very young... Gotta like the youth.

Kallstrom on the bench, he coach is a joke(he plays on one of the euro best teams)..the team is to old.

one word:Rebuild.

Sweden has a ton of talent, they can have a great team soon again! But yesterday was a disgrace.

I think holland can use the bad russian defence, but their attack looked scary yesterday. Guus got the team rolling after the spain disgrace!

Kallstrom on the bench, he coach is a joke(he plays on one of the euro best teams)..the team is to old.

I've been saying the same thing for years.

It really does suck. Can't even imagine how you feel right now Dutchie. :(

The Dutch are out but they showed resilience and stayed in there. Russia had amazing pace however, and really dictated the play in the later stages of the match so it was no surprise they pulled away. Major props to them and I guess I'll root from them the rest of the way. After today's performance, Arshavin really cemented himself as one of my favourite players.

Holy smokes, the russkies are effing awesome! They deserved the win a whole lot more than Holland.

If there's a reason why this does not surprise me then that reason is that Holland hasn't really had to deal with any real adversity before. Basically everything has gone their way earlier. The Russians on the other hand lost their first game against Spain and after that they have looked stronger and stronger every game. I was especially impressed with their quick transition play (offensively and defensively) and their passing tonight. And perhaps Van Basten shouldn't have rested as many players as he did in the last group game. I'd probably done the same thing (to some extent anyway) but maybe that cost them the continuity that the Russians have worked hard(er) for.

Russia was certainly the better team tonight IMO; better in the game as a whole and especially in the extra 30 minutes. If van der Saar hadn't made so many saves the Russians would have won the game by a much bigger score.

After today's performance, Arshavin really cemented himself as one of my favourite players.

Yeah, he and Pavlychenko were freakin' amazing!

Edited by Doktor Kosmos

Yeah im really down, devistated. Cant believe our performance tonight, there was just no effort. We played so bad..i cant even believe it. No Pressure, no attacking and the midfield let the defence down. It was scary all the time, we were very lucky we stayed so long in this game..

Had a bad feeling all day about it and it came through. Only a offday could hurt us, and it did. I know Russia played good, but i havent seen Kuijt/Sneijder/VdVaart and vPersie....

Sad for Edwin to quit the team like this!

Colossal implosion by the Dutch who looked absolutely nothing like the group stage powerhouse. St. Vincent - who lost to Canada yesterday in World Cup qualifying - looked infinitely more interested in playing a game of football. I don't care how 'good' Russia looked, the Dutch were putrid, playing the worst football of *any* team in the Euro's thus far. As Dutchie said, there was no effort; 50/50 balls always went to Russia, the Dutch were rarely if ever first to the ball, etc. It looked as though this was a team that believed it had a right to the Euro finals and failed to put in the requisite effort to get there. Utterly pathetic.

Yeah, that was a terrible game to watch. There flashes here and there where the Dutch seemed interested in playing but for the most part Russia was just too quick for us. After Ruud got the tie, I thought we'd somehow scrape out a win anyway. There were a couple guys who wanted to win, Van der Sar and de Jong come to mind, but the rest of the team seemed to not care they could go home. Too often did we stand in the defensive zone and watch the Russians do whatever they wanted with the ball. Devastating day in this household as well.

My dad put it nicely after they went up 3-1. "Well son, my sorrow of watching Dutch football is coming to an end soon. Unfortunately yours is just beginning"

Also because of this game I found out 1) There are 6 layers of material in our TV remote and 2) I know how to successfully put a complete trashed TV remote back together

This year is the year of the second place winner in the groups. None of the group winners are making waves.

RUSSIA!

:lol: