Any Metal Heads About? Or Is This A Dying Fade?

habs_in_the_blood

i was always a metal...heck still think i am....but less and less people listen too good guitars and kick ass double bass drums ...to go to a lighter side like rap...or hip hop...man i cant stand that music

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was always a metal...heck still think i am....but less and less people listen too good guitars and kick ass double bass drums ...to go to a lighter side like rap...or hip hop...man i cant stand that music

That's your opinion, but it's just that: an opinion. People will NEVER agree on music, so we just need to accept each other's differences and move on. For example, you say that metal has good guitars. In my opinion, Placebo, an alt rock band, has "better" guitars. Now we could argue this all day until we're blue in the face, but it's unlikely that either one of us would change our opinion.

I'm still a metal fan, and I have never had any reason to "mellow out" or change my affinity for hard music. I don't neccesarily like everything (the cookie monster vocals, for example), but I try to listen to everything before making my mind up about it, to the point that there's been bands that I thought I would never listen to, yet after hearing a few songs, I've become a fan. The toughest thing about liking heavy music is the fact that because it's not "hip" (although it does chart fairly well), stuff is hard to get and is usually expensive. I can buy 5 CDs from the States over the internet for the same price as 3 from HMV or CD Plus. In the last year, I've noticed the prices coming down a little (just bought the new Wolf CD for $12), so maybe that's an indication that the market is shifting and more people are listening and buying heavy metal and hard rock music. I don't think it will ever get to the level it was in the early and mid-90s again because the major labels won't let it - because they, the suits, don't listen to it themselves. You'll get a couple of bands here and there getting a little notoriety in the mainstream press, but you won't get the deep roster of metal bands on the major labels like before.

RIP METAL. It died. I'm cleaning its tombstone now a lot of cob webs.

People said the same thing about punk music...

I'm a metal fan... no through-and-through, I hit puberty in the early 90's where metal peaked.

The first album that really swung me to metal was Attack of the Killer B's by Anthrax. Incidently, it was Bring the Noise that hooked me on that album. From there I got hooked on Arise from Sepultura. That's stuff I just tried and discovered on my own.

Then the gang that I hooked up with around 1992 were in Metallica a lot, so that's what we were playing almost all the time.

Then in the next few years as my circles of friends gew wider, it was Death Metal that too all the place. I come from Rimouski, unofficialy known (at least back then) as Death Metal Capital of Canada.

So I got into all those genres because of my environment, but through the same environment I learned what to pick out in a song, how to appreciate the subtlies of the melody or the talent of musicians.

I'm guessing its the same for most genre. If you learn the little details, what sets this apart from that; you can learn to appreciate any music and find it good.

Metal head right here! I'm not an all-out metal head, more on the grundge/alternative side... but I definitely get in the mood every now and then to go nutts. Nothing like a wild mosh pit to release some energy. :D

Metal will never die! Music, like many other things in life, works in cycles. There will be dry spells, things may die down, but eventually it makes a comeback in one form or another. Reincarnation you may say.

I dunno about music coming back I don't see disco ever becoming popular again. Or big band music. Hope rap goes the way of the disco ball though.

Disco might not come back as it was, but in another form. Sort of like Techno merging with Metal or heavy rock to produce some interesting bands.

I can forsee Funk coming back. With so much music being created and recreated all the time, chord progressions and such tend to be repeated, or reinvented.

*shrug* getting off the Metal topic. Drop C (that's right, lower than D) and some open strumming please. And please, do NOT forget the distortion. Thank you!

*shrug* getting off the Metal topic. Drop C (that's right, lower than D) and some open strumming please. And please, do NOT forget the distortion. Thank you!

add in a kick lead guitar solo a huge bubba with a goatty on drums a freaky skiny bass player . give it a latin name à la meaconium and you got yourself a metal band.

Of course! How could I not :D.

hey maca! i did your fricking puzzle...nice to see you got some guitars...but did you have one in your marshall case? or is it empty?

i play metal...are you a fan of blind guardian? or CHB?

hey maca! i did your fricking puzzle...nice to see you got some guitars...but did you have one in your marshall case? or is it empty?

i play metal...are you a fan of blind guardian? or CHB?

Hehe, I take it you liked the puzzle then. :P

As for the guitars, yeah I've got 3. 1 Acoustic, 1 Electric (Godin), and a second electric guitar. It was the first one I ever had, it's actually plastered with stickers and it's a piece of junk.

I don't know the bands, maybe I've heard them though, as I don't always remember the band names.

Hehe, I take it you liked the puzzle then. :P

As for the guitars, yeah I've got 3. 1 Acoustic, 1 Electric (Godin), and a second electric guitar. It was the first one I ever had, it's actually plastered with stickers and it's a piece of junk.

I don't know the bands, maybe I've heard them though, as I don't always remember the band names.

awsome i got a Fender stratocaster...i want to get a Jackson...( i find they have the best metal sound) and an a coustic and a classical

Blind guardian are Power metal but without the sqeaky voice

COB is Children Of Bodom

Anyone can sing...the question is, can you sing well? :P

anyone can sing ?!!

haven't you ever heard of brittney spears, alshley simpson ... ?? and all that crap on canadian/american idol pee-ew !!

Read the second part of my post. ;)

I know. like I think you said: it's not because you're popular that you have talent...studios make miracles these days.

i think people are goin a little to deep here over music- i dont see it as an art form in anywya- its a business- anyone in a band who says they aint in it for the money is a liar- if any band was overed a big multi million contract with a major label theyd take it - end of. as for metal i like some of it- some is just pure noise and nothing else.

i think people are goin a little to deep here over music- i dont see it as an art form in anywya- its a business- anyone in a band who says they aint in it for the money is a liar- if any band was overed a big multi million contract with a major label theyd take it - end of. as for metal i like some of it- some is just pure noise and nothing else.

Oh come on, that's like saying professional writers/artists/photographers/etc don't care about the artistic values of their work. Sure, they care about the money, as it allows them to focus on their craft as opposed to working a day job, but you can't tell me that "artists" are only in it for the money! They're in it for the money AND because they enjoy what they're doing. For another example, it would be like saying that professional athletes don't actually like the sport they play, but only the money. Pure BS.

Oh come on, that's like saying professional writers/artists/photographers/etc don't care about the artistic values of their work. Sure, they care about the money, as it allows them to focus on their craft as opposed to working a day job, but you can't tell me that "artists" are only in it for the money! They're in it for the money AND because they enjoy what they're doing. For another example, it would be like saying that professional athletes don't actually like the sport they play, but only the money. Pure BS.

would any of the habs play for free when they know they can get money elsewhere? no- fair enough they might enjoy the sport but they wouldnt play it professionally if they wernt being paid- theyd do it as a hobby. and when they claim there doing it for artistic merit (singers/writers/photographers) their using a cliche as old as the wheel. anyone would do pretty much anything for money- whether they enjoy it or not. for example- do you think every singer/songwriter likes the music they play? i doubt it it might not be their favourites style of music but they know they can do it and it sells and makes them their money.