Date: Jan. 24/04

TV: RDS, SRC, CBC

Radio: CJAD 800, Post-game Team-990

Habs Photos

Player Stats

RDS.ca Lineup News

Preview

Probable Habs Lineup:

The colours signify offensive production as of late; orange being hot, and blue being cold.

38 -- 11 -- 73

20 -- 71 -- 26

37 -- 90 -- 17

76 -- 94 -- 15

44 -- 05

51 -- 43

79 -- 52

Probable Scratches:

08 (healthy), 17 (shoulder - questionable) 22 (shoulder), 24 (knee - questionable), 90 (back - questionable), 46 (concussion).

Key Matchup:

1215.gifvs. 0154.gif

A tale of two captains. Whomever plays better should see their team win.

Players to Watch:

28757_2.jpg

<B>#44 Souray</B> - Needs to become the force that he can be.

28735_2.jpg

<B>11 Koivu</B> - Will need to have a huge game.

prediction:

The team have focused all their minds on this game since the flyers game and therefore lost against the devils. Tonight we will totally explode in one of our best games all season.

HABS: 6 (Koivu, Ryder 2, Ribeiro, Perreault, Markov)

Leafs: 2 (Sundin 2)

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

I think both teams are going to be pumped up for the game tonight... Should be a good one , then again games between these 2 teams are never dull , even when the gameplay is weak at least its always intense...

Prediction : 2-2 tie...

:puke::puke::puke::puke:

I think that says it all...

3-1 leafs after 2 , they are outshooting us 17-11 for anyone who cares about shots.

Its like the leafs got a boost from the habs goal , and took the play to us for the rest of the period....

One positive though : We're not down by 2 to New Jersey tonight.

Ugly. Why can't we beat the leafs?

I thought i heard Cherry say that too, what a loser. I don't know how this guy is still on the air, but it is really ruining the reputation of CBC.

As much as Leaf fans like him, the rest of the country hates him with 10 times the passion.

[Edited on 25/1/04 by Quebecois]

tough loss for both the Habs and Habs' fans everywhere. The Habs didn't look too much into the game from the getgo and Sundin said the Habs appeared fatigued in the 2nd. From what I can remember Brisebois made a couple of blunders, Zednik played with passion, Dagenais looked slow and the Habs looked to be having trouble winning battles down low - in their own end particularly.

Expecting the Habs to play .700 or .800 hockey is unreasonable - .550-.600 is more likely their capability.

Originally posted by Quebecois

Ugly. Why can't we beat the leafs?  

I thought i heard Cherry say that too, what a loser. I don't know how this guy is still on the air, but it is really ruining the reputation of CBC.  

As much as Leaf fans like him, the rest of the country hates him with 10 times the passion.  

[Edited on 25/1/04 by Quebecois]

The only reason the CBC keeps him around is because he'sa controversial SOB who attracts viewers interested in hearing his banal rants.

Cole and Neale are the two worst annoucers I've heard in all my years following hockey -- *ing homers make me so *ed off I watched the game in French ( of which I understand nothing).

Koivu always has a hard time against the Leafs, he was dreadful again tonight.

Kept turning the puck over, and again another wtf? pass during the PP... which follows yesterday's PP blunder that ended up giving NJ the game winner.

He was -3 tonight.

Ryder is another one that has cooled off in a big way... missed 4 glorious opportunities yesterday, then again can't finish tonight.

And he has to be blamed too for the Koivu bad pass on the PP, Ryder backed up to get open and dared to ask for the pass when 2 Leafs had an easy shot at the interception.

Ryder has to come back towards the puck on that one, instead of floating back to no-man's land.

And Dagenais is a ghost out there too. Even worse he'll get rid of the puck faster than a drug dealer dumps his stash during a sting.

He shoots with no angle all the time, once in a while is fine but not every time you touch the damn puck.

I would have liked to see more of Balej on the 2nd line in Dags' place.

Bulis is still not producing like he could be.

The only forward on his game was Zednik, and Ribs to an extent but he didn't do much either... but last night he was the best we had.

For a 2nd night Langdon doesn't drop the gloves to try wake up his team... pretty much useless when he was out there.

Hell the best line was Sundstrom-Juneau-Kilger... how sad is that.

And then the D men pretty much all were sub-par to put it mildly... and even Theo gave 'em a gift on the first goal just when it looked we might be waking up as we took the 1-0 lead.

The whole team really went cold at the same time... these 6 games before we get to the All-Star break are crucial to whether we make the playoffs or not.

We have to avoid an ugly slide, at least play .500 (BUF, MIN, BOS, CHI, PIT, NYI)

Gainey had said this team would need reinforcements in their race towards the playoffs.

Now it's time to make something happen.

On the other hand this team had been on an incredible run since the Outdoor Classic... now we lose 2 in a row against the best teams, on back to back nights and it's the end of the world, yet again.

I've seen this so many times before, but people keep going through the cycles... "we'll win the cup" one week then "we suck so trade half the team" the next week.

I mean guys relax, we're in a youth movement year where we expected to get killed... instead we've played very well overall.

The team looks a little tired mentally, I think the All-Star break will do them a lot of good.

That, plus Begin is about to return, and Gainey will surely make a move to strengthen the club.

So we're still looking good... even if we have room for a lot of improvement in all areas.

I know there are always Leaf fans in Montreal but tonight it sounded like there were A LOT! It sounded like a Leafs home game (at least on TV it did). What's up with this? You people in Montreal should buy tickets well in advance. Keep them damn Leaf fans out of our building!

I'm sick of losing to those guys. Haven't beaten them at home since March 31, 2001. Benoit Brunet scored in that game, that's how long it's been!

At least Jagr's debut tonight was funny. That cheered me up a little bit. (Jagr leading the Rangers to the playoffs...yeah right).

I'm a Don Cherry fan but I also found his english Quebec comment a bit odd. You can't deny the man is entertaining.

Welcome to the board =CH= :clap:

Listening to the game on radio was even more discouraging. I honestly thought that the game was at the Air Canada Centre until we scored our goal, and even after that I wasn't sure. The commentators didn't have to point out that there were more Leafs jerseys in the crowd tonight.

I'd like to blame this loss as much on the team as on the fans - because there were not many Montreal fans in attendance tonight.

Sure, 2 games in 2 nights is tiring, but something has to wake up when that happens. If Begin were back, he would have ran Belfour or Marchment a few times. If Begin were back, then Lagndon would have dropped the gloves. If Begin were back, Kilger would have kept up is net-running, even if all the shots that he deflected went wide.

If Begin were back...

Ah, just wait till he gets back, it'll be more fun to watch the hockey.

I'm not looking forward to Guy's report (for the first time this season), but it's a necessary thing. Notice how when the Habs lose, you feel bad? Maybe that's just me, but I had a shocking day today after listening to the loss (BTW, the Habs game finished at 2pm here, if you didn't realise that).

Good luck for Buffalo, we'll need it. 2 days off shold be enough time to :zzz: and :monkey: around. It'll be a good game alright.

[Edited on 2004/1/25 by TheAussiePosse]

First of all I agree with you about Cherry and the CBC announcers, frankly the broadcast is really poor and the only bright spot is the satelite hotstove which is good for some fun rumours and Kelly Hrudey is ok too. I watch the French version most of the time.

Two disappointing losses in a row, a pity :( hope we recover fast

:ghg: