Movies

habs_in_the_blood

I went to Pirates last night and thought it was alright...I thought I was going to fall asleep at during parts of it but I thought by the end it wraped up pretty well. Some of the final battle scenes were pretty cool. I never did see the second one but I really liked the first one. All in all I would agree with giving it 2.5/5.

Oh yeah and it felt like it was really long...

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah and it felt like it was really long...

you just convince me not to go see it.

About an half and a half until my friend picks me up. :)

that makes a quarter !! ;)

Edited by marky_and_komi

before you enter the turn blur off code, when the Sims are taking showers or going to the washroom they're blurred out as silly as that sounds, to avoid an adult rating by the ESRB goof balls.

I evidentially must have turned it off then. :king:

Yes it was. As long as you can follow all the different subplots and accords that everyone's making with everyone. I thought it was kind of brilliant how the whole agreement/betrayal thing was able to work out. For example, when Jack gave Will the compass and told him to "think like Jack," and he was able to use it to strike a deal. To have your plot full of a nest of intertwining alliances and betryals is risky - but it worked out just fine I would say.

The begining of the movie is slow. The scene where you just meet Jack, I thought to myself "what the ######'s going on?" and it looked like the movie may turn ot to be awful. Then it started turning around though. That long battle at the end of the movie was classic, and the ending seemed to cover everything, yet still opened new doors - so that they could make a POTC IV if ever they wanted to?

Just came back from the movie.

Yeah the movie was long but it was in Acts you clearly could tell when a new act started because the screen went black. anyway meeting jack was funny and weird. I first thought this couldn't be the same movie lol.

Overall the movie was good minus the fact that it was really long and it made actually want a 4th movie. Although I don't know what they would do with the Will and Elizabeth characters.

Yeah that scene was weird, I didn't like it.

The whole beginning was weird actually. It was that huge fight scene near the end of the movie that saved it.

Disclaimer: My one and only comment on the Pirates series that I don't intend to defend.

3>2>1

Anyway, I finally saw The Punisher the other day (the 2004 version, not that crap '89 piece of shit) and oh my god it was good. Thats got to be a top 5-10 movie for me now. I went on a Marvel binge in an attempt to own all of their movies which I now do until June 12th when Ghost Rider is out. Plus I got Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and Marvel: TCG for the 360 and DS respectively. I'm expecting some kind of thank you card from Marvel soon.

Oh yeah and I finally ordered the entire Civil War set in paperback. More money for Marvel.