Movies

habs_in_the_blood

anyone here involved in cinema industry ? producer, director, actor, grip, ect???

I work at a Theatre.... :blink:

:hlogo:

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard Knocked Up was a really funny movie....Has anyone here seen it?

That movie is amazingly funny. You almost have to see it twice tho cuz most people are still laughing and you miss the next line.

Just watched Ferris Bueller and don't know how it can be one of your favourite movies. It's good, sometimes funny, but definitely not a classic.

The ther two movies I rented were Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and 2001: A Space Odyssey (I'll try and get passed the first ten minutes this time).

And Faerie, those movies don't count. The only one I remember is Dreamers. :P

Just watched Ferris Bueller and don't know how it can be one of your favourite movies. It's good, sometimes funny, but definitely not a classic.

The ther two movies I rented were Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and 2001: A Space Odyssey (I'll try and get passed the first ten minutes this time).

And Faerie, those movies don't count. The only one I remember is Dreamers. :P

Because you get to see Eva's ####? :lol:

Funny because by most movie "experts", it's considered a classic. You must be wrong.

*sarcasm*

I never thought much of it either. The high point for me was the fact the one guy wore a hockey jersey, even if it was the Wings.

probably because BTH is still a young pup or grew up in the days of principals not being pricks.

You mean the days when principals have no control over the schools and care more about test scores than their students?

That's not their fault blame your beloved president who speaks to God on a daily basis personally.

First, who ever said I love Bush? I certainly never have. Just because I voted for him doesn't mean I even liked him. I just disliked Kerry more. Second,more people in the world talk to God than don't. 33% of the world is Christian, 21% is Muslim, 13% is Hindu, etc. Only 14% of the world is non-religious/atheist. Most religious people pray, i.e. talk to God, on a regular basis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Worldwi...by_Religion.png

Anyways, back to movies. I liked Deja Vu a lot.

probably because BTH is still a young pup or grew up in the days of principals not being pricks.

First of all, I'm only 4 years younger than you so it's not like we lived in different eras. Also, your point has nothing to do with anything.

I loved The Breakfast Club which also involves an asshole principal, was also set in the 80s (when you weren't alive either) and was also directed by John Hughes.

I was too alive preschool. I shook my head at Reagan when he made his final address on tv, that big phony loser.

I just finished watching the Queen and I'm convinced the British monarchy will not make it to the end of this century. What a bunch of idiots.

You were in preschool in 1985? :rolleyes:

I'm convinced the British monarchy will not make it to the end of this century. What a bunch of idiots.

because you saw a movie? :wacko:

By the way, I saw The Queen too, back when it was in theatres.

First of all, I'm only 4 years younger than you so it's not like we lived in different eras. Also, your point has nothing to do with anything.

I loved The Breakfast Club which also involves an asshole principal, was also set in the 80s (when you weren't alive either) and was also directed by John Hughes.

Funny cuz i saw a good portion of BC and didnt think much of it. In fact, i didnt finish it (mostly because i had other things to do). Ill try watching it again, but there is absolutely no argument to be made that BC is a better film than Ferris Bueller :o

I just watched Batman Begins again and i think thats gonna have to take a spot in the top 10. Cant wait for Dark Knight.

There is absolutely no argument to be made that BC is a better film than Ferris Bueller :o

IMDB votes result in the same 7.8 rating for both movies. Some people like BC better, some like FBDO better. Just because you think one is so much better than the other doesn't mean other people don't think the other is better. I haven't seen BC, but I can easily so how another movie would be better than FBDO, since I didn't find it that entertaining.

because you saw a movie? :wacko:

By the way, I saw The Queen too, back when it was in theatres.

Considering the movie is almost documentary like. The Director got info on conversations from palace people around the Queen and unnamed people in the Blair government (wouldn't be shocked if the big info person was Alastair Campbell).

And Cherie Blair hates the monarchy its well documented. Labour politicians are mostly anti monarchy folks.

Prince Philip is really like that he's an idiot. And Charles well everyone knows he's a buffoon.

I've always been convinced the monarchy is on its last throws. Monarchies are archaic.

Well, I just got done watching the first Lord of the Rings, and it met my expectations. Granted, my expectations weren't that high. I didn't expect to like it a whole lot and I didn't. I found myself not really caring what was gonna happen to any of the characters. I definitely don't see how so many people rank it up there with the original Star Wars trilogy. Heck, I liked Phantom Menance better than I liked Fellowship of the Ring.

I'll still watch the other two, but only so people stop asking me why I haven't seen them yet.

Oh, yeah, I'm pulling a jetsniper here. I know I'm probably own my own on this one, so I won't feel the need to defend it.

Yeah that was a shot at BTH for his "there is no argument to be made that the order of best pirates movies are 1-3-2" or whatever he came up with.

Of course movies are subjective.

There's a difference. Here we're talking about two good movies that actually have similar themese, were made in similar eras and were even directed by the same man. With Pirates, you're arguing that a 2 star movie is better than a 4 star movie.

Of course, people can like some movies better than other movies or appreciate some more than others, but it doesn't mean that no one is right or wrong. If someone says Baby Geniuses is the greatest movie they ever saw... well, they have bad taste in movies. That's it.

Well, I just got done watching the first Lord of the Rings, and it met my expectations. Granted, my expectations weren't that high. I didn't expect to like it a whole lot and I didn't. I found myself not really caring what was gonna happen to any of the characters. I definitely don't see how so many people rank it up there with the original Star Wars trilogy. Heck, I liked Phantom Menance better than I liked Fellowship of the Ring.

I'll still watch the other two, but only so people stop asking me why I haven't seen them yet.

Oh, yeah, I'm pulling a jetsniper here. I know I'm probably own my own on this one, so I won't feel the need to defend it.

When I rewatch any of the LOTR movies they don't seem quite as good as I remembered them. By the way, if you thought they were considered 3 of the best movies of all time due to IMDB's rankings, those are off. There are ton of LOTR fanboys who troll around IMDB voting 10s for the LOTR movies over and over again and that's why their ratings are so inflated. I'm sure POTC and the Harry Potter movies also have a fair share of those though they're not rated that highly.