Movies

habs_in_the_blood

Yeah, she sang for the part in the movie. They just happened to put the songs on the soundtrack.

She's not nor has any plans to try and be an actual singer. The one movie happened to call for it. She lost out to Emmy Rossum in The Phantom of the Opera because the director didn't think she could sing very well.

Just like Viggo Mortensen in LOTR, his song is on the soundtrack as well.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm definitely going to leave some out but...:

Foxy Brown - Jack Hill

Evil Dead II - Sam Raimi

The Bride Wore Black - Francois Truffaut

Stolen Kisses - Francois Truffaut

Drunken Angel - Akira Kurosawa

Shadows - John Cassavetes

Faces - John Cassavetes

Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... and Spring - Kim Ki-Duk

Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance - Chan-wook Park

I have Like Water for Chocolate rented, I found out I own Milk, and still haven't watched Road to Perdition (or re-watched OUaTitW).

I'm definitely going to leave some out but...:

Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance - Chan-wook Park

I have Like Water for Chocolate rented, I found out I own Milk, and still haven't watched Road to Perdition (or re-watched OUaTitW).

How did you like it ? I thought it was amazing. Luved it.

If this is the movie I'm thinking of I've heard really good things about it.

Without a doubt one of the best movies of the decade. ;)

How did you like it ? I thought it was amazing. Luved it.

I liked it and the entire trilogy, but I didn't love any of them. I don't know what to say about them, I just didn't like them that much. Maybe it had too much dealing with emotions - I get bored watching people cry about their lives or have emotional outbursts.

Either the local IMAX is smaller than other IMAX theatres or I remember them being a lot bigger. Glad I'm getting a rebate on the 15 dollar ticket I bought. There's a nearby theater that has an UltraScreen that's a ton bigger and only costs 10 bucks. That all being said, I still like my local theater that's only 4 bucks for a matinee.

Either the local IMAX is smaller than other IMAX theatres or I remember them being a lot bigger. Glad I'm getting a rebate on the 15 dollar ticket I bought. There's a nearby theater that has an UltraScreen that's a ton bigger and only costs 10 bucks. That all being said, I still like my local theater that's only 4 bucks for a matinee.

Jesus christ, my local theater is just a normal one and it's 12.50.

No matinee prices either, it's 12.50 all damn day.

(It is, however, only 2 blocks away so thats nice)

I recently saw Angels and Demons and Night at the Museum 2.

A&D: Boring, over simplified and stale. (I had read the book a few years ago as well.)

Night at the Museum 2 : Absolutely brilliant..... if you were in a coma for the duration of the film. Terrible story, acting (I know... it's Ben Stiller, what did I expect?) and dialogue. The best part of this movie was when the credits started to roll.

Tonight is Knowing

Day For Night - François Truffaut

Jules and Jim - François Truffaut

Blow-Up = Michelangelo Antonioni

Like Water For Chocolate - Alfonso Arau

Milk - Gus Van Sant

Japon - Carlos Reygadas

Duck, You Sucker - Sergio Leone

The Thing - John Carpenter

Frankenstein - James Whale

Bride of Frankenstein - James Whale

Passchaendale - Paul Gross

Monte Carlo - Ernst Lubitsch

My Darling Clementine - John Ford

I recently saw Angels and Demons and Night at the Museum 2.

A&D: Boring, over simplified and stale. (I had read the book a few years ago as well.)

It was at least better then DaVinci Code but yeah, I thought it was still boring. Being better then DaVinci really is nothing to be proud of anyway. Ewan MacGregor however was fantastic. They really dumbed down the first half hour or so which kind of pissed me off.

Night at the Museum 2 : Absolutely brilliant..... if you were in a coma for the duration of the film. Terrible story, acting (I know... it's Ben Stiller, what did I expect?) and dialogue. The best part of this movie was when the credits started to roll.

Hey, it had Amy Adams. That counts for something. Not 12.50 to see her 15 minutes of screentime in a terrible movie but....something.

I'm really psyched for this weekend, Public Enemies is out. Depp and Bale going head to head.

Duck, You Sucker - Sergio Leone

:clap:

I watched No Country For Old Men on Sunday - I was impressed, great movie.

Awesome. That's my 2nd favourite movie of all time (behind only Braveheart).

Yeah, DYS is a pretty underrated movie. I think it's better than A Fistful of Dollars, which gets a lot more respect. James Coburn's John is one of the coolest characters I've ever seen.

^_^ It's awesome when he and Rod Steiger meet there in the beginning of the movie and they shoot a hole in the tyre of his motorcycle. He just stops, calmly walks over to their carriage, throws a stick a dynamite in there and says "Duck you suckers" and calmly walks away again. :lol:

^_^ It's awesome when he and Rod Steiger meet there in the beginning of the movie and they shoot a hole in the tyre of his motorcycle. He just stops, calmly walks over to their carriage, throws a stick a dynamite in there and says "Duck you suckers" and calmly walks away again. :lol:

Yeah, yeah, that was the best part. He walks into the carriage, hangs out there for a few moments and walks out and no one knows where he's going.

"Duck, you suckers!"

*everyone dives on the floor*

*BOOM*

...except then they get up and point their guns at him again. I would have preferred it had he called it, then jumped on his motorcycle (for the first time) and speeded off.

Also cool (though predictable) when the train passes and he jumps on. Even before we saw a train I was thinking "he should wait for a train to pass and then head for the opposite side of the tracks and escape."

The music is sick, as usual. It made the bank robbery classic. "But I don't want to be a hero, I just want my money!"

Yes the music definitely adds to the overall experience of watching the movie. Ennio Morricone is a master.

I enjoyed Knowing except for the last 5 mins or so. It didn't wreck the entire movie or anything but I would have been better to leave it up to my own imagination than to watch that ending.